[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm interested in hypnagogic states: to what extent can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (53KB, 311x244px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 311x244px
I'm interested in hypnagogic states: to what extent can fhey be mastered?
Could I learn, for example, how to enter it while writing? When I'm in this states I costantly come with wordplays and neologisms, and as a writer this skills seems priceless. Also when I'm in this states I can use my imagination "fully", I basically have perfect control over my visualization.

Generally, if there's no such person here, where can I find accounts of people who attained advanced control over hypnagogic states?
>>
>>19333270
Probably a bunch of Tibetan monks know how
>>
>>19333270
>hypnagogic states
i have this when im not sleeping enough. I just get really disoriented and start hearing my dreams and crash. I'd be careful if I were you. Make sure your family doesn't have a history of mental illness because you could very well activate your predisposition fucking with such states of mind.
>>
>>19333729
The only thing running in my family is alcoholism and depression (I've avoided the former, and have managed greatly the latter)

>>19333689
Are Western Buddhist temples a good place where to find people who have mastered things such as meditation and hypnagogia? Or is it more likely that I'll just find wannabes?
>>
Have you ever tried Binaural beats? There are.a few designed both to lull you to sleep and awaken intelligence and creativity.
>>
>>19333270
Don't think of it as a state, think of it as a scale.

I've been developing the ability to sleep on command and I've noticed that it's a gradual process, not a definite state of awake/hypnagogic/sleep, it's more of 100%/0%/0% -> 50%/25%/25% -. 20%/40%/40% -> 0%/15%/85%
Meaning that I go from awake to partially inbetween and sleeping to full sleeping

Learn to focus on actions, not on results of actions. Once you focus on acting, you can realize how you acted, and repeat
>>
>>19335849
How did you learn how to do it?
>>
>>19333729
when i was about 10 years old i've experienced hypnagogia one time. my mind woke up but my body was still asleep and it felt like something was sitting on me and that the room became bigger and bigger. it was so fucking terrifying, 22 years later i can still recall it.
>>
>>19336865
That sounds more like sleep paralysis
>>
>>19333270
Why are those shoes screaming?
>>
>>19336933
Because they haven't mastered hypnagogia yet.
>>
>>19336933 That was exactly my thoughts.
>>
>>19336911
Because it is sleep paralysis.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.