[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time visiting this board in all seriousness what happens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

File: eyes.png (83KB, 345x112px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
83KB, 345x112px
First time visiting this board in all seriousness what happens after you die?
>>
Nature eats your body, but your soul lives on in all life on Earth.
>>
Every single aspect of who "you" are that can be comprehended by any living human or defined in literally ANY possible way with our modern science and language will all cease to exist completely and utterly. In fact there isn't even a point in asking what happens afterward since "you" will simply be undefined beyond your death.

and yet, somehow, from YOUR point of view, life will begin again.
It's a borderline paradox which is why so many people just take the easy way out and say you "experience nothingness" (which is itself also a paradox)
>>
>>19332205
I'll let you know after I kill myself.
>>
>>19332242
>>19332242
>Every single aspect of who "you" are that can be comprehended by any living human or defined in literally ANY possible way with our modern science and language will all cease to exist completely and utterly. In fact there isn't even a point in asking what happens afterward since "you" will simply be undefined beyond your death.
>and yet, somehow, from YOUR point of view, life will begin again.
>It's a borderline paradox which is why so many people just take the easy way out and say you "experience nothingness" (which is itself also a paradox)

Holy fuck that's deep Anon and you personally what do you think it happens?
>>
I defined myself in a way that forbade the universe to take away all my memories on death
But what I remember is being a lizard on another world
My religious beliefs made more sense when I was surrounded by people more similar to me
All of my past lives are lizards on that other world
Send help
>>
>>19332265
I just think there's something more to being alive than we can define or describe with our language that's all.

It's just a very difficult, almost frustrating problem, because the conclusions you arrive at when you consider _others_, versus the conclusions you arrive at when you look at _yourself_ are totally different. It's no wonder most people think there's nothing special going on at all and being a sentient being is no different from something like a more advanced version of Cleverbot with a body.

IF you could get a scientist to agree that there's something more, then I'm pretty sure most of them would actually conclude that there is something akin to reincarnation (but probably without "karma")
because we have conservation laws all over the damn place.
Our highest levels of physics make heavy use of the concepts of symmetry and conservation. So once you accept that there might be something more then it's actually the most likely case that it doesn't just vanish. There would most likely be some conservation laws which apply to it. "Experience", in my opinion is a continuity. Every other thing about you might die, but experience can't.
>>
>>19332248
Please don't.
>>
>>19332205
You got a small moment of eternal knowledge about eveything, then you respawn again as a baby without any memories at all, with everything based on how you lived this life.

Heaven/hell after only one lifetime is a lie, because you are adopting beliefs majorily according to the culture you were born to. What is good or bad is defined by that culture and is very much biased.
> God isnt biased, the diversity is his creation and he is the diversity
What matters is what you see when you look into mirror. Without any self lying, are you a good or a bad person?
"Good vibes" tend to be much higher frecuency than the bad vibes. And our whole reality is based on vibrations. Jowever, energy can be received from both of them and one cannot exist without the other.
>>
>>19332341
Do you born in current times or other times?
>>
After you die, your consciousness stops operating (as it's the chemical electrical processes in your nervous system and requires a large amount of energy and nutrients to function). Your body decomposes and the material of your body return to the earth.

Every other theory is laughable.
>>
The particles that have congregated to form the illusionary 'being' that is you will cease to function as a cohesive unit that has the ability to produce consciousness among other things.
>>
>>19332205
Spirit realm. You do what you've always done with your consciousness. If you're weak willed your self is moved through energetic dynamics that you have no strength to oppose until you find yourself in a quagmire you can collect your faculties and figure shit out in or learn how to become strong under pressure, and then do your own thing (spirit adventures!). If you're strong go directly spirit adventures!
>>
>>19332205
a funeral
>>
You shit your pants. If you hang yourself, it makes you spin a bit.
>>
>>19332364
What about this one
>>19332242
Or this
>>19332341
>>19332382
>>
I think what happens after you die, you simply wake up

like you die every single time you go to sleep

when you die IRL, you just wake up in another life/reality, and you don't remember anything that happened before

death is an illusion

the only constant in this universe is CHANGE

life is eternal
>>
eternal recurrence or oblivion
>>
Whatever happens it all amounts to the same thing. Worst case scenario - You die and everything just stops, you cease to be. This universe will eventually collapse and die and another will come (the same as this one came), that too will exist for billions of years and eventually die. This will repeat for gazillions of years until eventually a universe exactly the same as this one will come into being. It's called probability, because you exist at all that means you have a probability of existence. If you have a probability of existing then you will exist, it just might take an amount of time that if you sat and thought about it you might get a bit freaked out. However, here's the kicker. Time only exists if you are concious. If you have zero consciousness then zero time actually passes. So, if the left wing science based view is correct, that when you die you die, you will be reborn. Gazillions of universes will collapse and reform in the meant time, but it will happen and to you it'll be quicker than you can blink. No consciousness means no time.

The bad news with the above is that you will keep having this same experience over and over, same family, there may be some variance but you will be existing under the exact same set up. Now sit and ask this 'how much choice did I really have in my life?' For most people 'choice' is not really an option. We are bumped into positions - what most of us see as being our choices were just a series of events that led us down a path - no choice. So, again, the same life.

If there is any validity to any spiritual view then our existence is nothing more than a mirage already. It isn't 'real'. When we die we will do whatever other unreality there is - an imagined heaven/hell, then process of diminishing and then rebirth.

Whichever way it goes, you'll be back. Don't fret over it.
>>
>>19332205
How the heck should we know.
>>
>>19332205
the light at the end of the tunnel is actually the opening of a pussy and you're being born as a new person. there now you know :)
>>
>>19332205
It's pretty much a dreamless sleep until you eventually wake up as some kind of infant somewhere, but like not necessarily a human infant and not necessarily even in this universe. Except since it's dreamless, it doesn't feel like any time passes between the moment you die and the moment you're born, even though your memories almost definitely will be gone. Basically you get slapped into a new body with amnesia.
>>
>>19332205
You wake up.
>>
>>19332205
>first time visiting this board
>what happens after you die

You just answered your own question.
>>
>>19332248
>that name

Holy fuck, do you ever take a break from 4chan?
Your name is plastered everywhere.
>>
>>19332304
She (male) isn't going to do it.

Look at the name, this person is constantly on 4chan, saying the most cuckhold things.
>>
>>19334034
we are legion
>>
>>19332302
this is what i mean when i say that science leads to god, this anon has gone from being a lazy atheist to coming to the logical conclusion that there is more out there.
>>
>>19332364
yet scientists all agree that they do not know where consciousness originates, that is because it proceeds creation.
>>
http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence/people-have-ndes-while-brain-dead.html

Whatever it is, death isn't the end.
>>
heaven or hell
>>
it really depends what happens when you die and how you die but no one know how exactly it is
>>
>>19332205

I was a passenger in a car accident where our tire delaminated in a mountain pass and we fell a hundred feet and crashed into a mountain ravine.

I hit my head in the accident, and woke up without any scratches or anything on me. The rest of my family was fine as well, though they had minor injuries and shit.

The amount of time I experienced from when I was knocked unconscious to when I woke up on my back staring at the forest canopy was about a second or two.

I'm 100% certain that I died and popped into a new parallel universe because I've been noticing Mandela Effects since the accident 13 years ago.
>>
>>19334123
>scientists all agree
No, they really don't on this issue.
>>
>>19332205
"Happens" implies a casual framework in which you are capable of expressing the consequence of the "action" of dying. There's your problem, right there. Nothing "happens" when you die - things *don't* happen. You don't move. You don't speak. Your body ceases any of the necessary subroutines of autonomic response, and you don't process oxygen or use energy.

You are not your body, though. Your consciousness is probably what you are concerned about, so we'll focus on that - but really, it's a pretty similar answer: you are only conscious of being conscious. When you are dreaming, you are semi-conscious, and you can certainly remember states of consciousness wherein you are aware that you weren't aware of your conscious *memory* of the event or intake of data during its initial "recording" (read those quotes as extra-thick, because I know how problematic the analogy of data-storage in digital terms is to the neurochemical process by which we experience things, but I'm being specifically metaphoric, here), but insofar as "conscious" is concerned, it's rather self-defining. Are you aware that you are conscious now? Sure, in a way, but can you imagine *not* being conscious? No - you just resort to imagining yourself from some outside point of observation, like above or from the perspective of a person who walks in and sees you sitting there. It's not possible to imagine being unconscious, because that would require the creation of something that isn't there. It's a paradox.

Paradoxes represent the limit of a system of information, though, and cannot be reconciled within that system. To describe life after death is literally impossible through any system of expression that could be made within that system which requires their fundamental disjunction.

You're already dead. You will never die. Both of these things are true. Resolve that paradox, and you've already won the game.

And we've all already won.
>>
>>19334634
casual -> *causal*
>>
>>19332205
Re spawn.
>>19334571
This how the respawn happens, sounds like you weren't neuralised properly tho.
>>
>>19332205
You'll hallucinate like all fuck, unless its a sudden violent death. You'll be dreaming until the screen fades to black. Or maybe you'll put another quarter in the machine.
>>
>>19334571
Pretty neat. I wrecked my bike doing only 30 mph, but I highsided right into a highway sign held up with two 4x4 boards straight into the mountain side. Broke the wood and fucked my bike.
Cool part:
I remember the metal of the sign against my neck, blacked out and came back to with it on my helmet. I wrestle the debris off of me struggling to breathe and looked straight up at the sun with a tree obscuring its light slightly. Walked it off, took a week off work and now I'm good. Still ride from time to time.
>>
>>19334662

How old were you?

What was your last thought before the end?
>>
>>19334571
What if you're right? You totally could be. I mean, it's unfalsifiable, isn't it? Having knowledge from outside of a system that cannot be expressed from within that system. It's mathematically sound, and also utterly maddening.

However, the good news is that it's not the only one. This universe in which you exist is also parallel to every other possible iteration of universes, and therefore you can align yourself with the one that leads to the universe in which we all have everything we want, and are fulfilled and happy. It's gotta be out there somewhere, right?

Maybe you had to go through what you did so you could finally understand that you've already gone through everything you have to go through...

You can't see the pattern in something that you need to be outside of yourself to see...
>>
File: 1493237418139.jpg (367KB, 2000x1335px) Image search: [Google]
1493237418139.jpg
367KB, 2000x1335px
Is anyone else excited about death, or is it only me?
>>
When you die the Demiurge traps your Soul in his Cube and returns you to the Matrix.
>>
>>19332205
judgement
>>
>>19335156
i'm pretty fucking keen, always have been
>>
no one knows, if someone did it would be mainstream...
>>
>>19334634
reality is simulated anyways... when you die you're probably gonna wake up in some white room with the nerve gear attached to your face from this life.. or you'll get reincarnated from the energy getting transferred into another life form.
>>
File: personig.jpg (70KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
personig.jpg
70KB, 480x720px
realm theory nigger
>mental realm
>spirit realm
>shitty earth realm
As a dude, you have aspects in all 3 realms.
When you bite it, your corpse remains in the earth realm. That's undeniable. Your spirit goes who fucking knows where, take your best guess on religion. Your brain pattern might stick to your spirit for a little while depending on how strong your mind/spirit is/how badly you wanting to fucking haunt someone.
>>
>>19335167
but that's just a theory. a game theory... thanks so much for watching.
>>
File: Yu-Gi-Oh!.full.1956990.jpg (503KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Yu-Gi-Oh!.full.1956990.jpg
503KB, 900x1600px
Heck if I know.
Shit, I've been lurking too long.
>>
You cease to exist, but aspects of your personality such as your memories may continue to exist.
>>
File: Simadonnalated.jpg (99KB, 800x594px) Image search: [Google]
Simadonnalated.jpg
99KB, 800x594px
>>19337504
Maybe a costume upgrade while you are waiting for another free life to be released.
>>
Yes there is a creator.

However it is not so neatly wrapped in this story of religion as you would be led to believe. Religion is a tool. It is and always has been a tool to drive madness and violence amongst the humans.

Why?

Because there is an energy level that lies between our soul energy and our human body energy. This energy can be made to be a certain way by our reactions to fear and sorrow. Entities that do not have the soul capabilities as we do feed on that energy. Our fear and anger is their food and pleasure. Humans do not have a natural tendency to wake up and go slaughter someone. We instead have a tendency to love one another and be loved. We have to be driven through our emotions of greed, jealousy, anger, sorrow, and sexual desires to commit these acts. The constant fighting of religions drives a non stop war of righteousness. It provides a perfect vehicle for when a person dies and leaves their body to be redirected from their natural path into a path of reincarnation.
>>
Think about it.

If you get your food from human suffering and human bodies require a soul to be in them to create this energy you need. Then recycling those souls is an imperative.

The universe is made up of what we shall call souls. All extensions of the one true creator. These souls wander around the universe on different dimensional levels seeking enlightenment for evolving. Kind of like us going to a theme park. We look around for the next experience. The thing is that it is all driven on free will and choice. We cannot be killed nor subjected to anything we do not agree to. So as we walk around the theme park we get attracted to pretty lights and big signs and we go try out the next ride. We enter this ride knowing we will eventually get off and go on to the next one. What if however when you exited that ride you were pulled aside and told that the ride is actually better than you experienced and if you choose to ride again it will be a much better ride. The one catch however to make it a better ride they have to wipe your memory of the last ride so you can really enjoy it. This is what they do. Once you agree to take the earth ride you have to agree to have your memory wiped. Now that your a clean slate they make you live this life under the guise that there is a one true god and if you do not believe and act a certain way you will go to hell when you die. Since no one wants that, we believe.
>>
Then the day comes and we die. So what happens?

Well as we go to leave our bodies at that moment we start to see pretty lights and a tunnel. All of a sudden as we start feeling all those rushes of energy, love, good feelings, and the return of memories conveniently some dude in flowing robes and a beard behind a bright light shows up and tells you that the love and good feelings your feeling are because of his presence and that of your loved ones passed on already. He takes you to a place and shows you a replay of only the bad things in your life where you fell down in faith. They then show you a replay of some horrible life you supposedly lived before where you committed unspeakable atrocities. Because of this you agree to go back into a new life to pay a penance for these past transgressions. You wait around palling with your friends until it is your time. You get mind wiped and next thing you know your getting your butt slapped by some dude with a mask on.

The truth is that we are tricked by the lights and sequence. The truth is all that love and good energy is not a result of those present but rather your own natural energy and memories returning to your spiritual form. They catch us in the pretty lights before we recover our true memories and remember who we really are. They trick us into agreeing that we were bad people and are not done with our mission. They can read our minds like a hard drive. They know how we believe and what we think before we die. They know exactly what will work best to coerce us into this agreement. Whether it is an image of jesus, aunt mabel, a dead husband, or a quick trip into hell fire and brimstone for effect then off to the mind wipe.

Sounds ridiculous right? Well so does the whole idea that we have to believe in this system of only one life to decide our eternity. Look outside the box and maybe it all makes a little more sense.
>>
>>19337504
Like, maybe? I mean, here's the question: if reality is a simulation, what is it a simulation *of*? That's the question nobody can seem to answer. You take the sum total of your empirical experience, and you have a near-infinite (as well as such from our little meat-husks) algorithm of possible experiences.

Here's the thing, though: we know therefore that at some point, every imaginable perspective as it exists along a vector of (however improbable) spacetime, there is at least one possible consciousness from which it is being observed. Therefore, no matter how completely unreasonable and improbable, any perfect universe you can imagine (including that which places you as the head of it) must exist in some untenable, theoretical place, some universe somehwhere in the backwaters of probability.

So, what's preventing you from obtaining that position as the consciousness in which it is being observed? Nothing, really - time, maybe. Check it: algorithmically speaking, once you remove the principle of time from the equation, there is no unsolvable problem. Without the constraints of time, P = NP. This is necessarily true because "time" implies a limit, and without any limit (I mean *any* limit, literal eternity), every algorithmic iteration will be worked out eventually. So, anything you can imagine, no matter how improbable, is a non-zero probability within this framework, and therefore an inevitability as the infinity of interactions occur between whatever sub-atomic particles are necessary to enact such a universe. It simply must happen at some point, without time.

And what is time? Time is the necessary framework within which we organize information in a linear, causal order. It is the limit of our known universe within this dimension. Any experience you could imagine requires a framework of time in order to say what happened first, second, and so on...

[to be continued...]
>>
>>19339600
[continued...]

But therein lies the paradox. Without time, what do you have? Eternity. When is eternity happening? Now. Right now. Also, 50,000 millenia ago. And always. A hundred million years from now? Sure. Gotcha. The entirety of the known universe? No problem. It's sort of impossible to describe rationally. It's always been there. It will always be there. It's the eternal eternity of omniscience. It's sort of everything you can imagine.

And here's the really crazy thing: your existence, right now, is absolutely along the path of any of the most absurdly improbably timelines you can imagine. It's an inevitability.

Probability would hold that it's extremely unlikely that you are on that timeline. However, probability depends on the limit that you set in terms of where it begins and ends. You flip a quarter heads a million times, there's a fucking shitload of probability that would suggest your million-and-first throw would not come up heads. But guess what? It's still a quarter. You still have a 50/50 shot on every throw. Remove time, and every iteration will be played out. It all becomes a question of fate at that point: which timeline are you on?

But what is fate? Can we control it? is there some higher power to which we can appeal? Nobody really knows. But there is belief and alignment. There is belief that no matter how incomprehensibly, we must be on the past that leads to the best possible future. There's nothing to risk, even, and I'm not great at "meditation" in terms of alignment and stuff, so just picture it and try to focus on it.

That's all we can ever do, ultimately.
>>
File: 1376523960392.png (1001KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1376523960392.png
1001KB, 900x1200px
Short trip to "heaven" then reincarnation, not necessarily in the same dimension.
>>
>>19332242
>hurr you can't experience nothingness you have to experience something
How about all that nothing that happened before your birth.

It never ceases to amaze me how much people want to believe they'll never stop experiencing.

>>19332302
>conservation laws mean reincarnation
Sorry, if you're going to get into the idea that souls are real and bound by the laws of physics then reincarnation is fucking impossible. The number of humans is constantly growing so you'd need an ever expanding number of souls.
>>
File: 1500519830103.jpg (121KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500519830103.jpg
121KB, 1080x720px
>>19334571
>car accident
>when I was knocked unconscious
>new parallel universe because I've been noticing Mandela Effects since the accident 13 years ago.
>>
>>19332216
:(
>>
>>19332205
There is nothing after. You cease to be.
>>
>>19332341
Plato
>>
>>19332364
how can you even pretend to know this? we havent got a clue to the real nature of consciousness
>>
>>19340136
Significantly more people have died than are alive today, and there's a whole universe out there
>>
>>19332205
Your corpse rots.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170725-014108.png (88KB, 485x274px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170725-014108.png
88KB, 485x274px
This thread is sponsored by Satan.
>>
OK hi anon ,what's happening to me .

So basically I read articles while listening to podcasts or just the TV and for the last 3 YEARS I keep hearing the same word I reading at that moment 2-3 times per day .

Please tell me WHAT IT MEANS ? I act as if it's normal but it's not . Thank you.
>>
>>19340136
>souls
That's an awful big assumption to make based on my post, I said nothing of the sort.

Most importantly, you're assuming that what I was talking about was a discrete thing, and I never said that either. Just because we view ourselves as discrete entities doesn't mean that we are. For all we know it's a continuum.
Then your argument holds no waters as nothing needs to grow.
>>
>>19343070
Synchronicity is a difficult thing to pin down. It's hard to say, really - we have what I like to call a "Predictive Analysis Matrix" (I know I'm ripping this off of Fallout 4's "Railroad," so don't bother mentioning it). We know the likelihood of various events because we have evolved only thanks to that ability. It is a logical extension of adaptation: pattern recognition is a trait that is very advantageous for the environment in which our bodies exist. However, there is also an extension of this: imagination. Imagination is part of a function of our ability to survive as a living thing, because it means that we are capable of superimposing a set of possible realities upon the empirically driven one in which we find ourselves, and rule out the most unlikely until we get a rational sense of our best course of action to maintain physical survival. So when you have moments that seem to be very far outside the expectations of the reality on which you have been basing your predictions, you tend to notice that shit. It's disjunctive. I know, because I've had things happen that are pretty fucking far outside rational expectations. Anyway, the best way to reconcile it is to acknowledge that you don't know the specific meaning yet, but you know that there's *something* happening here, and you just wait for more information. Maybe all you need to do right now is just recognize that "something," and accept that while all the answers aren't knowable at any one moment, it's only time that stands in the way of the all-knowing.
>>
>>19332439
>left wing...
>science...

Yeah...keep dreaming.
>>
>>19332205
Idk, but I fell in love with your eyes so don't die pls
>>
>>19343401
>souls are a big assumption when someone is talking about reincarnation
wat
>what if we're not discrete beings!?!?
What if you had any legitimate reason to believe the nonsense you're spouting
>>
>>19342384
>Significantly more people have died than are alive today
They weren't alive all at once you nonce
>>
>>19332205
You have to keep coming back until you achieve complete realization. Honestly, if you read enough near death experiences, the answers are all there.
>>
>>19345800
If it's nonsense then call it nonsense. Don't go making assumptions about what I'm trying to say.

You seem like someone desperate to be able to say he already knows all the answers though, so I'm not surprised.
That's often the reason people cling to the commonly accepted "realist" positions even though they literally don't know any more about this topic than the nonsense I'm spouting anyway.

The difference is people like me at least enter these discussions knowing it's all nonsense. If you think you can be certain of your own answers to the OP then you're full of shit and have a lot to learn about how humble human knowledge really is.
>>
>>19332205
Nothing.
The earth is flat.
>>
>>19332274
you need help or the lizards?
>>
>>19332205
You keep existing. Just not in this realm.
>>
Either we:
A.) Go to heaven with Jesus and God.
Or,
B.) Return to what we were before we were born. Nothingness.
>>
>>19334130
I've always wondered about this. My father had a heart attack some years ago and was legally dead for a couple minutes. He claims to have experienced something otherworldly; dead relatives coming to greet him, being at peace, etc. But if he could be brought back, I have the feeling he wasn't truly dead. perhaps the consciousness lingers a bit longer than our vitals, and can be recovered, in theory, within a small window of time? Is that really death though?
>>
You poop and pee...
>>
>>19332205
I hardly ever come to /x/ from /lit/ but I saw your question and this is something I've been thinking about.

tbhwyf pretty much this: >>19332216

Read some Plotinus. He figures there are three parts of Man. The immortal soul, the 'Intellect' and the body. The body you are familiar with, and this is what dies. When it dies, the intellect is reunited with the immortal soul. The soul exists as part of an indefinable fragment of the One, commonly understood -- and frequently mischaracterized as an anthropomorphic deity -- as God. Read Plato. Read the Enneads. They had a huge influence on Saint Augustine and helped steer Islam and Christianity from messiah cult to the systems we have today.
>>
>>19332205
Probably the same thing that happens after you die in a dream.
>>
>>19332364
>[consciousness is] the chemical electrical processes in your nervous system
>every other theory is laughable
>>
>>19339620
thanks for the read anon
>>
>>19347579
>none of us know anything bro
No, I'm pretty sure I have a decent understanding of physics and philosophy and that my beliefs have the weight of evidence and rational thought behind them whereas you have magical thinking.

You can pretend to be humble (humble people don't call themselves as such), but that doesn't make your ignorance as good as my knowledge.
>>
>>19332248
finally
>>
So, what happens after death (depending on what you believe in) is that you "exit" your human shell and become energy. from there you decide to do your own thing as energy (ghost) or be taken by aliens to be used as fuel for their gain.
>>
File: images(3).jpg (7KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
7KB, 192x263px
>>19334114
Fuck your beliefs you nigger lover
>>
>>19340136
>How about all that nothing that happened before your birth
What do you mean "all the nothing that happend before your birth"? Do you know how long it was? By the way, you were born and came out of that nothingness. That fact alone destorys your argument and you can just say then when you die you will experience that nothingness again and be reborn.
>>
>>19350672
>What do you mean "all the nothing that happend before your birth"?
I mean you clearly didn't experience anything before you were born. Why would that non-experience be any different than the one after your death?
>Do you know how long it was
billions upon billions of years. Literally all of time up until your birth.
>By the way you were born and came out of that nothingness
Yes, that's correct.
>That fact alone destroys your argument
Uhh...how so?
>You can just say then when you die you will experience that nothingness again
Yep
>and be reborn
Nope.

We're back at reincarnation being retarded because the number of humans and/or the number of living beings isn't constant.
>>
>>19350729
>We're back at reincarnation being retarded because the number of humans and/or the number of living beings isn't constant.
You're implying that I think every human has a unique consciousness. I can say everyone is one with the same consciousness and you're talking to "yourself" right now.
>>
>>19332216
Nah, it's done just GG, no hell no fire. That teaching isn't even in the Bible Pagan religions just use hellfire to scare people, the lake of fire in the Bible is representative of destruction. Meaning eveything that will be destroyed by god along with Satan. Destroyed. Not Tournamented for all eternity for a bad life of 80 years, wouldn't make sence. Plus, the Bible says, the wages sin pays, is death, not hellfire forever, you just die
>>
>>19350755
>You're implying that I think every human has a unique consciousness
Yes, because that is part and parcel of reincarnation.

>I can say everyone is one with the same consciousness and you're talking to "yourself" right now.
Sure, you can say that, but it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>19350729
>We're back at reincarnation being retarded because the number of humans and/or the number of living beings isn't constant

Not saying this to be insultint but you should research more before being so certain. Every religion/philosophy that included reincarnation has a framework that includes other realms or planets, more than earth. And some don't accept the existence of a soul, so there would be no static population. Your line of reasoning is very specific and I doubt you could find someone who it would apply to
>>
>>19350760
This.

"Hell" in the bible is an intentional mistranslation of three different things.

-Gehenna, an actual existent (but shitty at the time) place.
-Sheol, the state of being dead (eternal rest, no thought, etc.) that will end when the messiah comes
-Tartarus, a part of the belief system of the pagan greeks who thought it was a deep dungeon where the evil dead are punished and the titans are kept locked up (sound familiar?)
>>
>>19350775
>Every religion/philosophy that included reincarnation has a framework that includes other realms or planets, more than earth
That introduces far more problems than it solves, anon.

>Some don't accept the existence of the soul
Your soul can't reincarnate if you don't have a soul.
>>
What happens before you're conceived?
>>
>>19350800
Ok this is where it's good to research more instead of relying on thinking through what info you have, for example Buddhism accepts reincarnation but denies the existence of a soul. instead the idea is that the mind stream persists after death but doesn't constitute a soul. If you read more eastern texts you'll see that these traditions have spent decades thinking and trying to explain. You don't have to agree or accept but you're not doing yourself any favors being so sure that you're right while not reading the traditions
>>
>>19350827
>it's not a soul it's a mind stream!
Semantics. That doesn't change the argument.

If the best answer you have to the problem of the non-static number of thinking beings is "there really is but it's just some other plane of existence or maybe another planet" you don't have a leg to stand on.

All real knowledge comes from observation.
>>
>>19350827
The reincarnation in buddhism is that of one's karma, not one's "mind stream," whatever that is.

If you think about it in western philosophical terms, buddhist reincarnation is hard to deny, if Karma is considered simply to be the cause and effect of one's consciousness, which upon one's death still ripples through time.
>>
>>19350800
Well it depends on how you look at it. Does the amount of video games we have to choose from dictate how the other work function? Of course not. Their plots/mechanics/physics are entirely isolated from each other but simultaneously still influenced by each other. Very similar to how our reality may work. Resident evil 4 and and dead space may not be the same game, but dead spaces mechanics would probably be different if RE4 didn't change the paradigm. Don't get too caught up in the metaphor, I'm just trying to use abstracts (influence of art on itself) that are more tangible than other realms/densities/dimensions/etc
>>
>>19350862
>Well it depends on how you look at it.
What depends on how you look at what? Pronouns require nouns.

>Does the amount of video games we have to choose from dictate how the other work function?
What? Was this supposed to be a sentence that made sense?

What the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>19332205
You:
Reality splits at the fifth definition if a way out of death is possible.
You conciously decide a new reality by decision, faith, or uncertanty; all based on your understanding of probability defined by fears and belief.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.