[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are mirrors so unnerving? Have you tried staring into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Why are mirrors so unnerving? Have you tried staring into one for half an hour?
>>
Just take acid and try to look into your own mind lol
>>
Because of animistic nature telling us something's wrong, that's why animals get aggressive at seeing themselves in the mirror.
>>
>>19330047
Whats wrong?
>>
Because I'm ugly
>>
Bitch I'm beautiful
>>
>>19330021
Mirrors are awesome, and not unsettling at all. I love to stare into them and just let my imagination loose. I like to imagine that it's actually a window into the closest-neighbor parallel reality, where everything is totally identical to ours except mirror-flipped. When I'm feeling silly or over-romanticizing my sci-fi imaginings, I even try to communicate with my mirror self sometimes. It's foolishness, of course, but it's fun to pretend.

In the dark, though, mirrors can fuck right off. My imagination has enough to terrorize me with when I just can't see shit, but when I can't see shit except the two eyes staring into my soul from the blackness, I lose my goddamn mind.
>>
>>19330021
They may bother you because of how everything is backwards of how you're used to it, or because you're thinking your reflection should be a separate person and isn't behaving like one. There could be other reasons.

I've never had half an hour that I thought couldn't be spent better than staring at the wall.
>>
>>19330047
Not really. They get aggressive because they can't spell this new "animal" they're seeing so they are confused. Only some do this, many animals are aware of their reflection.
>>
>>19330356
*smell
>>
>>19330356
yup, once they realize it's their reflection they don't give a shit anymore
>>
>>19330021
>Have you tried staring into one for half an hour?
No, I'm not a narcissist
>>
>>19330021
Because they turn reality inside-out. Literally.
>>
>>19330021
>Have you tried staring into one for half an hour?
why would I? What did you expect to happen? Mirrors are for selfish, cocky persons.
The only mirror you should look into is called "reflection" ...the mirror of your inner self and what you were, are and be.
>>
File: mrorr.jpg (28KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
mrorr.jpg
28KB, 600x625px
>>19330021
Not so unnerving. Rather useful. I use mirrors as sanity checks. I ask the mirror if im crazy, and it never says "yes". =)

The day it does ill be afraid.

Very much afraid of the mirror.
>>
>>19330021

What a waste of time
>>
Your brain filters out constant stimulus. That's why you're not always seeing your nose, feeling your tongue in your mouth, or feeling your ass touching a chair you're sitting in. So if you stare at yourself in a mirror long enough your brain will start filtering parts of your face out and it'll start turning grotesque. It's actually really fascinating how the brain works.
>>
>>19330177
>two eyes staring into my soul from the blackness, I lose my goddamn mind.

You! Must! Chill!
>>
>>19330599
>Your brain filters out constant stimulus
How to control this ??
>>
>>19330552
Not because you aren't allowed in the other side means that we, the pretty ones, can't watch ourselves for hours to no end.
>>
File: 1494713982226.jpg (10KB, 203x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494713982226.jpg
10KB, 203x300px
>>19330599

How long does it take to see the ugliness?

>Longer for some than others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqmIMvWnIV8
>>
>>19331519
I don't think you can. It's an automatic function of the brain. Your eyes also have built in blind spots that your brain basically interpolates information into. What you're seeing is also a small fraction of a second behind what's actually happening because the light has to enter your eyes and go through the process that actually allows your brain to "see" the information.
>>
>>19331519
Enlightenment, void awareness. Never take the obvious for granted, because it's what's obvious that you want to restore your awareness of.
>>
>>19330021
Mirrors are unnerving because it reminds your soul that it's trapped in an elemental s.hell.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.