[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What cryptids are most likely to exist/have the most evidence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 20170716_041318.jpg (439KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170716_041318.jpg
439KB, 2560x1536px
What cryptids are most likely to exist/have the most evidence behind them to support their existence? (Pic for attention, just a possum I saw one night)
>>
File: 1376524950556.jpg (215KB, 759x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1376524950556.jpg
215KB, 759x1024px
The kraken and dwarves. The norse sometimes just exaggerated a lot of real stuff.
In terms of modern cryptids, aliens are likely, and a lot of cryptids that are literally just a type of animal, such as sasquatch/yeti/mongolian worms/mokele-mbembe/etc. aren't far fetched to exist or have once existed.
>>
Bigfoot and hopefully Mokele mbembe
>>
>>19325131
>The kraken
Then explain why there's no giant squid attacks on vessels?
>>
>>19325123
None, we've discovered everthing there is with Science.
>>
>>19325123
I think Bigfoot or wood apes may exist, but every time I say so some jackwagon trying to summon a succubus or whatever a tulpa is throws a hissy fit
>>
>>19325240
New species are discovered yearly anon..just nothing exciting
>>
>>19325238

I actually know the answer to this.

1. Squids are highly intelligent, and a giant squid or schools of them would stopped preying on larger ships by the time Steel hulls became widely used.

2.Because modern boats are significantly louder and larger, and by this point they have figured out that they aren't worth attacking. Any modern fay kraken encounter would more likely occur with a traditional non-motorized vessel

3. Kraken attacks were most likely cases of mistaken identity on the squids part. Older sailing vessels would have seemed more similar in both shape and sound to Whales, their prey.

Someone i know swore he saw a kraken next to his destroyer once. He said that it had an eerie almost psychic presence, like it was letting them know it was intelligent. When this happened, supposedly radio equipment went on the fritz until it dived back into the depths. He reasoned the radio malfunctions were the results of magnetite, like carrier oidgeons have. A squid the size of a ship and a strong enough cluster of magnetite could have easily interfered with equipment. As far as the psychic asoect goes, i kept probing him for info but he seemed like he was holding something back. When i asked about if it made " contact" with the crew, he became visibly unsettled, and said " oh no it just watched us and let us know it was there." Before changing the subject.

As far as official verified reports, you woukd be hard pressed to find any significant evidence of a kraken attack on a modern ship were one to happen. It would be either misidentified or dismissed as a ship lost at sea.
>>
>>19328280
Your buddy is probably a pathological liar. Navy vet here. Everyone Ive known who claims to have seen something at see is, coincidentally, a shitbag.

Not saying spoopy things dont exist but Im yet to run into anyone (personally) reputable who has had a sighting of any sort.
>>
>>19328320

Anon pls. Your skepticism is healthy but impractical. Personal incredulity and anecdotal evidence is a poor measure for determining truth. If it is a lie or not isn't something you or i could determine without presupposing that we have special knowledge or insight. Unless we were there on his ship, we will never know.

Sure, maybe he lied, i wouldn't be able to know either way, so of course that is possible.

It is also possible he isnt full of shit, giant cephalapods with a sophisticated level of intelligence, live in the ocean and have a hereto uknown electrochemical system that screwed with his ships equipment. As the creature assessed the ship as either food or a threat and anything related to psychic phenomena was merely a placebo effect from seeing a giant fucking squid.

at the same time your limited, though authentic experience with charlatans and frauds recycling the kraken trope isn't universal, or useful for determining if the experience was authentic or a lie.

Now please explain why you doubt the existence of Something science has known about since the 1800s, and why deep ocean cephalapods can't grow to giant proportions and attack row boats, sail ships and other vessels in a case of mistaken identity.
>>
>>19328443
You want me to tell you why I dont believe psychic krakens are real? Or is your reading comprehension so poor that you think I dont believe in squids
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.