[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid dreaming thread? Any experiences to speak of? Perhaps tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Lucid Dreaming.gif (95KB, 1200x360px) Image search: [Google]
Lucid Dreaming.gif
95KB, 1200x360px
Lucid dreaming thread? Any experiences to speak of? Perhaps tips to aid in dreaming?
>>
>>19322497
Focus/meditate on your solar plexus every night as you go to sleep. Do this for a few months while making an affirmation of wanting to be aware in your dreams.

Once you are dreaming try to observe your surroundings, but always try to bring focus back to yourself by noticing something about yourself. Like looking at your hands.

As you get better at realizing you are dreaming you can focus less on yourself and more on your surroundings and eventually observe it from a third party awareness, with a first person point of view.

Once you are able to do this the ability to control your surroundings becomes easier.
>>
What does it mean to hold hands with a best friend, yet be unaware of doing so, and only noticed because he force his hand away? It was my right hand if that helps.
>>
>>19322567
You instinctively reached for him...

Or ghosts nshiiiet
>>
>>19322592
Does that mean anything? Why would a ghost do this?
>>
Just sleep belly up, and relax every muscle of your body until it falls asleep. Don't switch positions, don't trip when you start experiencing jerks, or body vibrations, or the dream itself.

Or practice reality checks throughout your day, trying to move things with my mind is my favorite.
>>
I am always dreaming i'm trapped in a vast and irresistible video game (think LSD dream simulator, rainbow matrix)

receiving hyper profound insights will trigger lucidity but I can never remember them so...

once i'm lucid, the fear of dying and losing my insights sets in so i try to escape by not playing, willing tension/screaming and if I can remember... zazen, but I usually dont have a body to sit with

i often try "saving" the game, searching for something to write on in the dream...

as i try to escape, sometimes I can actually keep cool, maybe meditate... when i do, colors and patterns multiply, the game levels get deeper and the "time I will spend in game" stretches, feels like i'll be stuck for decades if I let myself get seduced by the game

plan is to let myself get deeper the next time it happens

any tips? similar experiences? should i look for a "spirit guide" in the games?

(btw I haven't played any video games seriously for 4-5 years, dabble here and there but nothing ever sticks)
>>
>>19322671
How do you meditate while lucid dreaming?
Never tried because I figured closing my eyes in the dream would lead to me waking up, but now that I think about it I doubt you can even close your eyes at all (make it dark), so how do you meditate?
>>
>be me, trying to lucid dream for years
>have a dream where my teeth are all rotated perpendicular to how they should be
>start snapping teeth into place
>as blood runs down my arm, i remember that having weird teeth problems is a common dream
>wonder am i in a dream.jpg
>think nah, this is totally real and go back to snapping teeth into place
>mfw still no lucid dream
>>
>>19322773
oh i shouldve explained

the one time it worked i was in a bed, i sat and closed my eyes then got almost instantly thrown into the deepest "game" i've ever dreamed

so i'm trying to get it to work again but i haven't remembered i can try in a dream since that experience a couple months ago
>>
My couple of experiences happened by pure fluke, I just sorta knew as I was dreaming when it happened. I was just more interested and aware of lucid dreaming and dreaming in general (I usually don't even remember dreams unless I think about it on a regular basis)
>>
>>19322816
So you didn't meditate during the "game". Just before.
>>
>>19322899
yep
>>
>>19322497

I can not tell you how to do it. You are under influence from them. The ones that guard dreams. They take form, any shape they want. They influence your dream reality for you. Keeping you in the matrix.
Breaking this seems to be a self realization that you are dreaming, and in fact, you have the same control methods they do. But they are telepathic and keep you in a daze of accepting weirdness. Ever see bizarre shit in a dream and accept it as perfectly normal? That's them.
I fought one once. Only once did I take over total 100% control of the dream. I was essentially a god.
I made a white marble room. Made food for myself. Pushed a wall of the room away to reveal water I wanted. The thing came over the water. I wasn't making it.
It was round, big and had tentacles. Sometimes it was purple, or white. Then it started changing shapes trying to confuse me. It did something to my mind, and I began to forget. The world around me began to transform into a city street. NO. I pushed back. I began to attack it with fire, lightening, and concrete blocks. I crushed it, I flayed it, it screamed in agony but I could not kill it.
As a last resort it hit me. With something that woke me up.
I hate them. They are dream wardens with rules. The dreamscape is a place. We all go there. We can control bits of it. But they control most of it. I hope to fight one again someday.
They are my mortal enemy. Otherwise? I would lord over it all.
>>
File: 1378606229743.jpg (30KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
1378606229743.jpg
30KB, 373x521px
>>19322497
>Any experiences to speak of?
Sure, got a few good ones
>dbz dream
>spirit wolf dream
>hell fissure dream

>Perhaps tips to aid in dreaming?
Yup
>Good diet
>Comfy and supportive bed
>Lay flat on your back
>Relax everything starting from your toes
>Clear your mind, I visualize an octahedral clear crystal within an all white plane and focus on it.
>Are you FUCKING relaxed yet? Good. If not, chill the fuck out dude.
>Before long you should drift into dream land
>Good luck, and have fun.
>>
If you dream you're an animal it's best not to think as a human or you'll weird yourself out and potentially wake up.
>>
>>19323182
That's interesting to think about. Maybe while dreaming our actions are only motivated by basic instincts.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.