[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my grandma said she heard the story of Dunkirk dozens of times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: dunkirk-trailer-image-16.jpg (267KB, 1440x599px) Image search: [Google]
dunkirk-trailer-image-16.jpg
267KB, 1440x599px
So my grandma said she heard the story of Dunkirk dozens of times as skid but she always heard the soldiers were massacred. She grew up in the 50s in Germany and France.

I find it a little fishy.
>>
>>19311487
Wait, what?
>>
>>19311514
My grandma, who grew up in Germany and France in the 50s, was told the story of Dunkirk dozens of times, but the way she heard it, all the brits were killed
>>
>>19311716
people that wasnt there talking about what happened there.

Brits and the french had big casualties, and nazis probably told everyone that they killed them all.
>>
>>19311487
It's called propaganda for a reason, anon. Fake stories spread by the axis that people sticked to.
>>
File: born_to_gondola.jpg (43KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
born_to_gondola.jpg
43KB, 344x344px
>>19311487
>>19311514
>>19311716
>>19311864
>>19311985
I think OP is implying a mandela effect. In his grandma's (original) timeline Dunkirk was a slaughter and defeat for the Allies, while in our (altered) timeline the Allies won, but with heavy causalities.

It would be really easy to win EVERY war if you have a time machine and can redo every battle you lose.

inb4 mhu Korea and muh Vietnam were not wins, implying that the Cabal didn't WANT America to LOSE those wars so that the Cold War could go on for 50+ years while they steal 100 Trillion dollars through the Pentagon.
>>
>>19311487

She must be confusing it with the Dieppe Raid.
>>
>>19311487
why are people having weird typos in the middle of their posts it's a happening me thinks...
>>
>>19312344
>I think OP is implying a mandela effect. In his grandma's (original) timeline Dunkirk was a slaughter and defeat for the Allies, while in our (altered) timeline the Allies won, but with heavy causalities.
Dunkirk was a defeat, though, no matter which way you cut it.
>>
File: Le lagrion camel.jpg (162KB, 630x679px) Image search: [Google]
Le lagrion camel.jpg
162KB, 630x679px
My grandfather served in the French army during WW2 , he shot and bayoneted a bunch of Kraut bitches in Italy ,NA and France. And in a way Dunkirk was a massacre of England pride and Frances sacrifice.
>>
>>19312344
>timeline the Allies won, but with heavy causalities.
U wot m8?

The "miracle at Dunkirk" was a shit-ton of BTFO brits escaping across the channel.

The real question is whether or not the Germans intended to let the brits get away. Hitler still wanted peace with Britain at that time, but Churchill wanted war.
>>
>>19311487

She's partially correct. Dunkirk is the event in which the Allies were getting fucking meat grinded by the Germans so they ran the fuck to the ocean as fast as they could. All the while getting their flanks raped by Nazis. Once on the beach they managed to rescue a sizable portion of the military so we pretended that it was a victory because Germany killed lots of people instead of everybody. Movie is just propaganda of a propagandized event
>>
>>19311487
>>19313431
>>19311716
definitely the dieppe raid, not dunkirk. grandma is most likely senile
>>
>>19315521
Top kek
>>
>>19312344
Stick to looking at gondola memes instead of .. whatever it is you're babbling about
>>
>>19311487
It wasn't Gallipoli.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltAxoW7ltok
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.