[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After i began learning about prechristian deities in european

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 413 lower deities 03.jpg (252KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
413 lower deities 03.jpg
252KB, 1200x927px
After i began learning about prechristian deities in european cultures, i began wondering about the Jews and their pre-Biblical gods.
There are referneces to several gods in the Bible, which makes me wonder:
1) Could the entire Bible be discredited as fiction because the Hebrews mixed their polytheistic deities into Yahweh, removing any actual claim to being real?
2) Or, could the fact other gods are mentioned mean that they do exist, but Yahweh, acting as a top god, began Judaism as means to hide their existance or become more glorified?
Obviously i could be totally wrong and looking too much into this or be missing some obvious point, but i think tis interesting.
Thoughts?
>>
>>19309969

its somethign x does not have the attention span or numbers to dive into without going off rails
>>
Ancient cultures were very fond of their gods. Often times a culture would use a god as a 'mascot' of that culture; which has certain social applications like identifying those from a similar culture.
The Hebrews took this idea kind of literally when they wrote the bible. Other gods are typically just metaphors for other ancient societies and cultures (typically those who opposed the Jews).
The Jews incorporated ideas from other gods to make Yahweh. Yahweh is presented as having the qualities of the other gods and yet being superior to them. This is ancient Hebrew 'propaganda' lending spiritual credit to their society and also metaphorically showing their superiority to other groups.
>>
>>19309969
Panbabylonism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panbabylonism

The Hebrew Bible that became the OT was copied directly from the stories in the Sumerian Mythology of the Sumerian gods.

But the Hebrews chose One of the gods of that Pantheon to be their Lord.

So they placed him above the others.

That is clearly a false form of Monotheism.
>>
File: greatpyramidcoord.png (460KB, 513x684px) Image search: [Google]
greatpyramidcoord.png
460KB, 513x684px
>>19309969
>Could the entire Bible be discredited as fiction because the Hebrews mixed their polytheistic deities into Yahweh
>>19310193
>The Jews incorporated ideas from other gods to make Yahweh. Yahweh is presented as having the qualities of the other gods and yet being superior to them. This is ancient Hebrew 'propaganda' lending spiritual credit to their society and also metaphorically showing their superiority to other groups.

"Yahweh" as described by the Pentateuch is nothing like any pagan deity - it's a one way ticket to eternal damnation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfMZmKPEKas
>>
>>19311056

Yahweh is alot like Zeus.

Like ALOT

I could spend all day talking about the Similarities.
>>
>>19309969
Gods don't exist

The Jewish god YVHV was the god of war in a primitive pantheon belief system

The Jews killed and/or absorbed all the other nearby tribes worshiping other gods in the pantheon

Mention of those other gods became illegal/taboo and they faded from memory.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.