[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This coin from native iberians, dated at around 500 before Christ,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: SemisCartagonova580.jpg (146KB, 850x447px) Image search: [Google]
SemisCartagonova580.jpg
146KB, 850x447px
This coin from native iberians, dated at around 500 before Christ, shows a creature with wings similar to an angel before Christianism was a thing. What's it, /x/?
>>
>>19307897
>>religion
>>being creative
>>
>>19307897
Fallen angels.

>Genesis 6King James Version (KJV)

>6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

>2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

>3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

>4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Read the Book of Enoch for more on these fallen angels and their giant hybrid offspring (nephilim, gigantes of Greek mythology).
>>
>>19307897
The idea of angels existed before the birth of Christ.
>>
angels don't look like that according to the bible you know, maybe if you added more wings and eyes and whatnot you'd be closer
>>
>>19307903

this
religion, like any other creative work, always borrows from the creators knowledge and influences.
christianity borrowed from judaism, islam borrowed from both, etc etc
>>
>>19307897
Hyperpenis.
>>
>>19307947
Christianity borrowed from a shitload of other religions than just judaism
>>
>>19307897
>He doesn't know christianity borrowed the design of angels
It's a thing all new religions do, they borrow features from past ones
>>
>>19307897
Winged humanoid figures go way further back than christianity, anon.
>>
File: 20170716_150225.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170716_150225.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>sacred stone
>lucky stone
>located in medevil church
>must touch the stone for luck but also to avoid bad luck
>touched the stone
>felt cold but gave me a warm feeling inside
>it is said that the spirits of the clergymen roam the church to protect the stone.
>attempted previous thefts of the stone

I could feel the presence of the clergymen. But they knew I meant no harm
>>
>>19307970

i wasn't necessarily saying they borrowed just from judaism, just using an easy-to-understand example
>>
>>19307897
>coin depicting a winged person is somehow "christian"
>not knowing harpies were a fucking thing long before christianity
That's the only example I can think of, but theres definitely more.
>>
What are birds?
>>
>>19307897
>shows a creature with wings similar to an angel before Christianism was a thing

Whoa, stop the presses!
>>
>>19307897
Obviously...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75zmIj_4LFQ
>>
>>19307897
So what? You think angels didn't exist before Christianity? Pretty sure they did.
>>
>>19307897
Angels are in the old testament, too. And even in older religious systems. So it's not shocking. I love when people try to present shit like this as "proof of (my belief)."
>>
Angels date back to Babylonian religion
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.