[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hear eternal life might become a thing thanks to science, for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1478188191_Ghost-in-the-shell.jpg (115KB, 1280x692px) Image search: [Google]
1478188191_Ghost-in-the-shell.jpg
115KB, 1280x692px
I hear eternal life might become a thing thanks to science, for example replacing failed organs with artificial ones.

My question is if this becomes real what will they do about the overpopulation problem? We already have too many people as it is without stopping the death process.

Also general posts on the subject.
>>
Once we have lived our lifespan given to us they will shut us off like machines.

Idk that's my thought about the whole population thing.
>>
File: unnamed.0.gif (2MB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.0.gif
2MB, 660x371px
>>19307838
People will just upload their consciousness to the internet and do away with their bodies.

Overpopulation problem solved, but there'll be a whole lot more shitposting.
>>
>>19307838
that shit will cost a lot
poor people die, the rich get richer

overpopulation is not the problem op
>>
>>19307838
they could make humans a lot smaller.
>>
Inb4 scythe book series
>>
>>19307838
>eternal life
Enjoy the heat death of the universe then I guess
>>
>>19307863
>Yeah we can all be rich

Get the fuck out you waste of fucking resources. When you no longer have an evolutionary use you die. Poor people can sign on for experimentation or get left behind.

>Hurrdurr revolution

Good luck making it over the mountain of previously protesting corpses in front of my mansion as my robots mow you all down.
>>
>>19307895
>Not tessellating a singularity to create a new Universe after mastering void craft.

Only retards will care to see the heat death

>Hurr hurr hurr death is the REAL answer

Sheeple never learn
>>
>>19307851
Immortal trolls trolling all the future chans simultaneously forever

What a delicious thought
>>
>>19307851
"Eternal shit posting"
>>
>>19307895
Thats assuming eternal expansion of the universe, and theres evidence to suggest that isn't the case.
>>
>>19307906
Hurr durr "higher consciousness" told me so

>Sheeple willingly trust energetic life forms just because they exist.
>>
>>19307838
or isolating the genome that initiates the aging process and removing it.
>>
>>19307863
we already have an overpopulation problem though
>>
>>19308024
next is poor people dying
even suicide rate is increasing. just wait m8 patience
>>
>>19307838
I read somewhere that ageing is caused by the chromosomes on the end of your DNA strand wearing down each time a cell divides. Apparently telomerase can fix this.
>>
>>19307838
why the fuck would one share such a thing
>>
>>19307838
Physical space won't matter, just build more servers for the ai replicants to play in.
>>
>overpopulation problem
Not all lives are equal OP. Especially not to the elites who will make sure they get eternal life first. As far as they're concerned, you and all the other mindless consumers can prop up their wealth or die.
>>
>>19307878
but what about scary animals n stuff.
>>
>>19310005
Nigga if we're talking cybernetic replacement livers for my 90 year old alcohol ravaged jaundiced ass then the least of our problems will be coyotes and bears and shit. When they replace my organs with computers I'll make sure they give me a rocket launcher arm while they're in there. Fukin scary animals my ass eat an rpg you asshole giraffe.
>>
>>19307838
>We already have too many people as it is
False.
1)world population is over states Because third world nations recibe aid per capita.
2)the Earth can easily sustain 100 billions people anyway.
3)about 3/4 of what they tell You about environmental damage is bullshit.
Take the HUMAN pill and be enlightened.
>>
>>19308701
Autists aren't exactly rational. The tech will leak just because the people who understand it will eventually blab.

>>19308035
>Suicide rate
This. Suicide will keep us from having 10 trillion minds hosted on Amazon Cortex4. People will get sick of putting up with shit and will shut down their own instance.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.