/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on alchemy, /x/. >what is it? >how does it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 22

File: uzHDK6Q.jpg (435KB, 2048x1232px) Image search: [Google]
uzHDK6Q.jpg
435KB, 2048x1232px
Redpill me on alchemy, /x/.

>what is it?
>how does it work?
>is it just drawing silly symbols for fun?
>>
File: 90e1y1e.jpg (200KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
90e1y1e.jpg
200KB, 1024x576px
Can't believe nobody else is on about this shit.
>>
>>19304448
>what is it?

A primitive form of chemistry.

>How does it work?

How does chemistry work? Electrons, mostly.

The silly symbols were instrumental not only for the alchemists to codify and record their findings, but to give them a philosophical and mystical framework through which they could understand chemistry.
>>
>>19304535
Fair enough. So what about sigils? Are they a separate concept or were they just for codifying alchemy?
>>
>>19304448
Alchemy wasn't just a primitive form of chemistry. Many alchemists state that one should not attempt their Art unless they are alchemists themselves. The true alchemists were not materialistic. They practiced physical alchemy but there was also an emphasis on a "spiritual" or inner alchemy in which the subject was man himself. The goal of this alchemy is to finish of the Great Work or the regeneration of the soul of man. The exact process of how this is accomplished is hidden from the profane through obscure symbolism.
>>
>>19304555
sigils are used for remembering things, so organizing sigils around alchemy helped you remember how different chemicals related to each other

this is the same thing they do with magic, like a heavy pendant on a necklace always reminds you that you're wearing it
>>
File: Mercury.jpg (252KB, 445x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mercury.jpg
252KB, 445x720px
>>19304535
This guy is an idiot

>what is it?
a generalized set of rules for changing things, leading to the eventual conclusion that [spoiler]you do so by learning how to change yourself[/spoiler].

It's the art of changing "lead" into "gold". Taking something which is one way, and making it a way which is more desirable to you.

Alchemy is advanced metaphysics, not primitive chemistry.

>how does it work?
by examining the way a particular thing can be changed and then generalizing that knowledge. Chemistry is the most classic course, but there is also Masonry, Gymnastics (fitness), and basically any change-process you want. The alchemical hypothesis is that they all follow the same general principles of change. The foundational text of Alchemy is the Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus, which states that "that which is above is like that which is below, and that which is below is like that which is above," meaning all reality is governed by the same fundamental laws.

>>is it just drawing silly symbols for fun?
No. Sigils are about recognizing that particular ideas actually have some objective structure to them. "Good" is not a human construct, but an extant metaphysical thing which humans observe with varying degrees of accuracy.
>>
Rumplestiltskin
>>
Alchemy: the process of manufacturing your own redpills.
sage
>>
>>19305128
this is unironically a really good description of alchemy
>>
>>19304448

changing the number of protons in an atom to be the same as a gold atom

absolute bullshit, but with modern technology it could become real
>>
>>19304448
holy shit w2c toaster?
>>
>>19304448
These:
>>19277386
>>19277389

>>19303491

Theres more in those threads.
I lost the links to few other threads where it was posted and explained on a bit as well.
>>
File: dude stop.jpg (11KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
dude stop.jpg
11KB, 500x265px
why do you people continually reply to these threads? there is no red pill about alchemy. there is no super secret shit that /x/ knows that can't be found elsewhere.
>>
>>19305910
Dude... the person above you just posted a red pill about alchemy, what are you talking about?
>>
>>19305227
It is real theres a facility that can do it and rents the machine out, thing is the cost of electricity outweighs the return in gold
>>
>>19304448
It's illegal in the US, lots of laws on the books against specific alchemic practices
>>
>>19304448
People wanted to make gold out of other materials, that is where the legend of the philosopher's stone came from, there is nothing magical or supernatural about alchemy, it was just a way for people to experiment with chemistry.

Now there is also the original alchemy that was a way for people to look enlightenment, I am not sure when or how they went from that to trying to get gold and immortality.
>>
>>19305877

alternative base counting systems need to have their own general on x
>>
>>19304555
>>19305877
>>19305955
>>19305966
>>19307000

does alchemy manufacture repeating digits? One might think so, based on this evidence.
>>
>>19307108

We simply use a base 10 counting system with a twelve month calander based around the earths orbit instead of the moon

computers cunt in base 2, and convert it into base 10 on 4chan so we can comprehend
>>
File: one.jpg (131KB, 1139x549px) Image search: [Google]
one.jpg
131KB, 1139x549px
ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU ALCHEMY IS CHEMISTRY IS AN IDIOT WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND METAPHORS
>>
>>19307129

>theoretically changing the number of protons in an atom to create a gold atom is not Chemistry
>>
>>19304448
Read the Kybalion. Listen to lectures on alchemy. It's ultimately philosophical, and not to do with precious metals whatsoever.

That being said, the alchemists were far ahead of their times in the concepts of vibrations, polarities and application of natural laws to better understand the world around you, and yourself.
>>
>>19307136
>he thinks alchemy is talking about literal lead and literal gold
It's talking about your character you dumb cunt
>>
>>19307142

so the real conspiracy is that the meaning of the term alchamy has been changed over time and repurposed to mean "gold"

or has it been?
>>
>>19307152

its really a catch all term for the occult, before "occult" meant the occult,

similar to esotericism and theosophy, its all different words that need to be better broken down and defined for disscussion
>>
>>19305910
It's (supposed to be) a meeting point for people who have already been "elsewhere", and can exchange knowledge, without having to read some dusty pdf on a cursed file-sharing site, seeking out the forbidden knowledge of haunted youtube channels.

There has probably been a greater exchange of occult knowledge on /x/ than in all the years of The Memebary of Alexandria.
>>
File: magick.jpg (119KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
magick.jpg
119KB, 640x360px
>>19307152
>so the real conspiracy is that the meaning of the term alchamy has been changed over time and repurposed to mean "gold"
No, gold is a metaphor for "something good."

Alchemy is the art of changing things for the better. Literally any things. Literally any kind of change. It's generalized rules for changing ANYTHING, primarily and most importantly yourself.

You're changing "lead" into "gold," not lead into gold.
>>
>>19307168

except in the past people have unironicly tried to do this, and no one ever brought this metaphore up and tried to explain it to others
>>
>>19307152
Not me, but
>>19307168
put it perfectly. It's metaphorical for personal transcendence into something better than you are.

>>19307180
Those weren't alchemists. Those were autismists. Swine that had gotten ahold of pearls.
>>
>>19307184

so where did they get the idea , and is it their fault for thinking it was possible given these metaphores from people who talk a lot of shit
>>
>>19307180
Give the Book of The Words, by Albert Pike a read. I think it's in the Library of Solomon, in /O&MG/, and probably available on google.

Occultists use metaphor to purposefully keep knowledge from getting in the hands of the wrong people and then dumbed down or profaned for personal gain.
>>
>>19304942
>STILLL memeing about how physical, spiritual, and sexual chemistry must be mutually exclusive.

Are you one of the people on here who thinks people like Paracelsus weren't literally trying to turn lead into gold, or create literal physical homunculi?
>>
>>19307215
Oh wait I see now, you're the guy who claims they were just "stupid people who were doing it wrong." Still waiting for your citations for that assertion from, like, June.
>>
File: Tau-and-serpent.jpg (359KB, 1545x1530px) Image search: [Google]
Tau-and-serpent.jpg
359KB, 1545x1530px
>>19307180
>except in the past people have unironicly tried to do this, and no one ever brought this metaphore up and tried to explain it to others
Religions all over the world completely misinterpret the bible as well. People in America completely misinterpret what vaccines are. The vast majority of people are fucking morons.

In fact, the reason many occult truths are "occult," meaning hidden, is beacuse most morons are too stupid to be trusted with them.

>>19307215
He was trying but he was a moron who didn't understand
>>
>>19304942
>alchemy is advanced metaphysics
Do you even know what metaphysics is? Alchemists throughout history were trying to change a material into another material, and it sometimes worked because they got the chemistry right. How is that anything philosophical/metaphysical.
>>
>>19307222

and you come off as a smarmy know it all
>>
>>19307222
>>19307235
>let these two asses be set to grind corn.
>>
>>19307150
No dumbass. People we're actually trying to make gold out of lead. Your interpretation doesn't change history. Magic isn't real
>>
File: 1499717943296.png (2MB, 4824x4856px) Image search: [Google]
1499717943296.png
2MB, 4824x4856px
>>19307235
>Alchemists throughout history were trying to change a material into another material,
see
>>19307184
>Those weren't alchemists. Those were autismists.

People who read the bible and think it literally means there is a man in the sky watching you are making the same sort of mistake.
>>
>>19307238
He is. You'll notice,
>>19307219
>STILL WAITING FOR CITATIONS
Also,
>calling Paracelsus, Newton, Bacon, Magnus (and that's just the West) "morons," "stupid," and "idiots."
>yet cannot provide any citations for his personal assertions
>but CAN provide a heaping helping of feelpinions
>>
>>19307251

>autismists

way to make up a word

fuck you
>>
File: 1366031584425.jpg (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1366031584425.jpg
20KB, 200x200px
>>19307258
>>calling Paracelsus, Newton, Bacon, Magnus (and that's just the West) "morons," "stupid," and "idiots."
>thinking any of these people were intelligent
>>
Don't try. Don't cast your pearls before swine. Let the unworthy be rightly sorted by the veil stronger than any locked door, determining justly who may open it.
>>
>>19307251

>yfw you need a metaphore to help yourself better understand metaphores and seperate yourself from stupid people

Alchemests everyone. real smart people
>>
>>19304532
Those are beautiful. What are those?
>>
>>19307288
>the metaphor is about the metaphor
Now, we're just replying to taunt you.

>>19307308
Sacred geometry. Associated mostly with the Kabbalah.
>>
I have a book on it, but I haven't read it yet. I'll let you know when I do.

I know that, at least today, alchemy is more about changing yourself than changing lead into gold.

You're welcome.
>>
>>19307276
This dude gets it. If you don't understand it's because you're not capable of understanding.
>>
>>19307274
Shit, you can't even provide one (1) citation after having been given months to do it. Can you conceive of gravity in a more accurate manner than did Newton? When are you going to make greater contributions to science than Bacon or Newton? When are you going to surpass any of these gentlemen? Should have happened before you turned 18, considering how dumb they are, and how much you really have it all figured out.
>>
>>19307308
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were replying to
>>19307251
>>
>>19307318

thats so Crunchy
>>
>>19307319
If the veil functions in exactly the way this anon asserts it does (I'm fighting the urge to ask *which* veil), then casting pearls before swine would be EXACTLY what you would do, and let the "veil" sort it. How do you and the other anon not realize the first sentence directly contradicts the second? Holy assfucking retard.
>>
What are some books on it?
>>
>>19307333
Because you don't understand the veil. Again, you're taking literally, like the gold thing. Try drinking mercury. All the most enlightened and powerful alchemical masters do it.
>>
>>19307320
>Can you conceive of gravity in a more accurate manner than did Newton?
You know that Newton literally thought gravity was literally just angels carrying planets around, right?
>>
>>19307346
Which veil though ? Nefesh? Paroketh? The Abyss? The veils are cast upon the Otz Chiim by the three emanations of divinity. Typing cryptically doesn't make you seem smarter.
>>
>>19307339
The Kybalion. There's also a ton of lectures on YT explaining the overall theory and history of alchemy. I'm sure there's alot more to it but I was mostly interested in the overall theory and concept, rather than getting into specifics more than I needed to.
>>
>>19307350
You know we see you keep ignoring requests for citations and avoiding answering questions by trying to gradually change the subject, right?

> Newton literally thought gravity was literally just angels carrying planets around, right?
[CITATION MISSING]
>>
>>19307354
You realize you only needed to read one book to avoid this entire sperg-out, right?
>>
>>19307364
Please, tell me what book it is? (stifles laughter)
>>
>>19307339
Check out the works of Fulcanelli and Philalethes. Though still veiled, they reveal the secrets of the Work with greater clarity than most. You should also read the Compass of the Wise. As the poster above said Alchemy goes back to ancient times and Eastern traditions teach it in a more straightforward manner.

If you are just getting into esotericism read "The Secret Teachings of All Ages" by Manly P. Hall.
>>
>>19307361
>> Newton literally thought gravity was literally just angels carrying planets around, right?
>[CITATION MISSING]
>being this uneducated

I'm not going to read your books for you. This is well documented. Anyone who has read principia knows this. Go read it yourself.

He had no explanation whatsoever for gravity, and simply posited that angels were moving objects around in accordance with God's mathematical laws.

The guy was LITERALLY an autist. Take a look at any biography or even his wikipedia page and you'll clearly see he was autistic if you have any reading comprehension at all. He was a savant at mathematics but utterly useless at every other form of thought.
>>
>>19307375
This is a good post.

Manly p. Hall gives a great foundation on the overall theory of alchemy, magic, metaphysics and so forth, so much so that I'd recommend anyone even remotely interested in the occult begin by listening to his lectures, or reading The Secret Teachings of All Ages, before attempting to learn the practice of magic or decipher the meanings of seemingly bizarre or nonsensical occult knowledge.
>>
>>19307381
>Can you conceive of gravity in a more accurate manner than did Newton
>You know we see you keep ignoring requests for citations and avoiding answering questions by trying to gradually change the subject, right?
>>
There's some tripfags making several troll threads and smaller troll posts. He turned off his trip, I see.
>>
can people on x please relearn high school math before commentign on shit like this
>>
>>19307364
>ignore thousands of years of Qabalistic Wisdom
>lel just read this New Thought piece of trash that doesn't even live up to its own expectations DUDEBROLMAO
>THE VEIL MAN
You know the alchemists had a functioning knowledge of Qabalah, right?
>>
>>19307421
>still not getting it
>>19307418
also this
>>
>>19307364
Mind pointing in the right direction? Discerning between worthy and worthless texts is probably the most important skill. Often the most valuable texts are ignored because their exoteric nature can be misleading.
>>
>>19307413
>asking for citations for common knowledge

I'm not avoiding your request, it's just fucking stupid so I don't care about it.
>>
Now, you can see the profanity of knowledge in clear example, here in this thread. However, the metaphor and "veil" does its work in protecting the purity of knowledge, and seeing the sad attempts by the profane to replicate it, as a direct example of why we conceal, why we hide, and why the most important secrets were always hidden, albeit many times in plain sight.
>>
>>19307428
What's the "One Book" ?
>>
>>19307440
"Not giving a citation for the fact the men known as great alchemists in the past were actually "stupid" "morons" and "idiots" because it's common knowledge" makes you sound like a low-functioning tard.
>>
>>19307421
No, now I'm just going to taunt you while you rant about gold.
>>
>>19307428
>which veil though?
>Typing cryptically doesn't make you seem smarter.
>>
File: this tbh fam.gif (161KB, 921x155px) Image search: [Google]
this tbh fam.gif
161KB, 921x155px
>>19307450
This is basically occultism.

There are two fundamental reasons why texts are esotericised

1. People are generally extremely stupid and fundamentally cannot be trusted to handle truths they are not capable of understanding. The truth needs to be hidden or they will misinterpret and misuse it.

2. These truths are actually too complex to express using explicit language. It's actually ONLY possible to explain them using occult obscurantism, and letting the intuitive mind do the understanding rather than the explicit mind.

An esoteric or occult text is, by definition, encoded. That's what occult means. It means that the literal meaning of the text is not actually the meaning of the text. The actual meaning is hidden.
>>
>>19307474
How the fuck would you even cite something like that?

Do you know what citations even are or have you just heard people win arguments by using that word before?

If I'm not quoting anybody I don't need to cite shit. I'm the source.
>>
>>19307476
I don't much care, because if you have no functioning knowledge of Qabalah your views on alchemy are less than worthless.It's probably the Kybalion or some equally bullshit book. Kybalion is practically responsible for things like vague references to "the veil."
>>
>>19307481
The real truths are incommunicable, in obscurity or otherwise.
>>
>>19307489
You would reference period texts indicating they couldn't care for themselves, constantly shit their pants, couldn't figure out how to work simple tools, couldn't apply language properly, etc. The same things that make anyone "stupid."
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
>>
>>19307498

That's the cosmic joke, even if someone told you flat out you wouldn't understand. Words are useless in trying to describe the First Matter.
>>
File: connection.jpg (350KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
connection.jpg
350KB, 720x720px
>>19307466
Emerald Tablet of Thoth. Absolutely every other book on Alchemy is just a commentary on or reiteration of the emerald tablets.
>>
File: download (85).jpg (11KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
download (85).jpg
11KB, 208x242px
>>19304630
What do people like Terence McKenna means when they refer to things being "alchemical" in nature, like the "alchemical dream" etc.? I always learned alchemy was some silly precursor to chemistry which revolved around turning lead to gold. But it seems to be much more than that.
>>
>>19307507
>You would reference period texts indicating they couldn't care for themselves, constantly shit their pants, couldn't figure out how to work simple tools, couldn't apply language properly, etc.
Lol wut? Nobody said they shit their pants, just that they msunderstood alchemy.

Are you actually an autistic person? Are you even completely literate?
>>
>>19307509
This is guy is right. You can just listen to it on audiobook on yt.
>>
File: Tetragrammaton-Tetractys.png (10KB, 602x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tetragrammaton-Tetractys.png
10KB, 602x600px
>>19307517
see
>>19307168

an alchemical dream is a dream that fundamentally changes who you are
>>
>>19307519
Well, I have watched you in various threads call them "stupid," idots," and "morons." So yeah, that's saying a lot more than "they didn't understand alchemy."
As for your assertion that "they didn't understand alchemy," the way to cite that would be simply to find alchemical documents predating the existence of these men that explicitly agree with your assertion.
>Are you actually an autistic person?

No, but they say autistic people cannot tell the difference between the literal and figurative. So, in something such as the occult, such a person does not possess the psychological subtlety required to parse the symbolic from the literal, and will therefor declare one of two things:
Either
>"It's all meant just as it's written, anyone who thinks it's symbolic is stupid"
OR
>"It's ALL symbolic, anyone who thinks it is meant literally is stupid"
In other words, autistic people literally do not possess the ability to distinguish between the symbolic and the actual. I feel like I just had to explain this recently to someone who came across very much like yourself, claiming "ritual tools in texts and grimoires are all symbolic, and anyone who uses a sword, lamp, wand, etc. in ritual is stupid and can't read symbolism." I would place a hefty wager on that person having been you.
>>
>>19307509
I think you mean Emerald Tablets of Hermes. I know Hermes and Thoth are generally equivalent, but depending on which name you use there are 2 different texts. The one known as "...Hermes" is ancient. The one known as "...Thoth" is almost beyond a doubt a fraud.
>>
>>19307537
What are the numbers in your pic supposed to mean? Those aren't the regular numerical attributions of the letters (it's usually He=5, Vau=6, Yud=10)
>>
>>19307610
I mean, I see the attributions in there, but where do the other numbers come from? The position of the letters from left to right? I'm confused as to the correlation between that specific set of numbers and that particular arrangement of letters, in other words.
>>
>>19307517
The alchemists believed that everything in nature was in the process of "becoming" or had the potential to change from a lesser discordant form to a greater harmonious form. It's the idea that everything, whether it be mineral, vegetable, or animal in nature, contains a "seed" of metal or divinity within. The goal of alchemy is to separate this metal from the dross which surrounds it so that this higher nature may become known.
>>
>>19307660
Excellent summary. Hence why Physical, spiritual, and sexual alchemy are not mutually exclusive, but rather harmonious and in keeping with alchemistic philosophy. Even the modern methods for creating certain synthetic diamonds or gold function on alchemistic principles.
>>
File: davini_mirror.jpg (181KB, 604x374px) Image search: [Google]
davini_mirror.jpg
181KB, 604x374px
>>19307670
>Hence why Physical, spiritual, and sexual alchemy are not mutually exclusive
They're not exclusive because "physical" and "sexual" alchemy are just spiritual alchemy.

Everything is spirit.
>>
>>19307509
The emerald tablet itself is still veiled though. The luna and sol of the alchemist reference the sun and moon described on the tablet but where do these terms stem from? Eastern practices?
>>
>>19307681
I guess that's another explanation. Personally I thought
>It's the idea that everything, whether it be mineral, vegetable, or animal in nature, contains a "seed" of metal or divinity within
Was the best way to say it, and reiterating it in a lesser way kinda took that thunder away a bit.
>>
>>19307705
extra-terran practices
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 173x291px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 173x291px
>>19307708
Taking the thunder away from things is a good thing. Once something seems mundane and boring, then you know you've got a good handle on it.

"Magic" is the feeling of poorly understanding something.
>>
>>19307722
I don't think invocation or evocation will ever feel mundane and boring. Nor will many occult practices I feel I understand. Like, just because I understand the mechanics, symbolism, purpose, function of the LBRP doesn't make it feel mundane or boring, even though I have long since mastered it. I would say the same about playing instruments, andmany other things. I am of the mind that if ANYthing in life feels mundane and boring, you're not doing it right.
>>
Seriously a thread full of monkeys.
The only post( >>19305877 ) giving you real alchemy almost completely ignored.

The rest are full of so much stupidity its nauseating.
The Universe doesnt care about ethics nor morals.
"Good" and "Bad" are all the same for the laws of the universe/nature.
"Good/Bad"(/morals) are points of view made up by humans to ease their own life, for their own benefits, which sometimes go against the order of nature.

Alchemy is the practice of studying the laws of nature(/universe) to be able to Synchronize with these laws, and by doing so, control/bend these laws.

Inner Alchemy is the practice of studying the laws, Synchronizing with the laws in the way your brain system works to control your body, eventually by comprehending the way it works, gaining conscious control over all of your body/organs/cells/bio-chem reactions/nerves(bio-electricity) processes, granting you actual physical immortality.

Outer Alchemy, is studying studying and controlling the laws and processes of nature outside own body.

Insights gained from outer alchemy can be applied to inner alchemy.
Insights gained by inner alchemy can be confirmed by outer alchemy before applying any change into the way your inner system works, as to not harm/cripple/kill yourself by adding a wrong process/pattern into your system.
>>
File: 9150079007_84b324db32.jpg (38KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
9150079007_84b324db32.jpg
38KB, 500x289px
>>19307843
I think you are performing alchemy every second of every day and so is every other thing and every other idea around you. Any act of doing whatsoever is alchemy. This post is alchemy.
>>
The fact that people are still talking about their centuries-old books is proof they were successful alchemists.
>>
File: uh.jpg (2KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
uh.jpg
2KB, 126x126px
>>19308609
>The fact that people are still talking about their centuries-old books is proof they were successful alchemists.
Is the bible proof that hebrews were enslaved in egypt?
If Fox News' stuff gets preserved is it proof that Obama was a muslim nazi?

People can be wrong and still become famous my dude. The judgement of the free market is generally pretty bad.
>>
>>19307308
I'm not entirely sure. I see pictures of sigils all the time, but never the context to understand them. Then there's Tumblr where they think they can mean whatever you want them to. Makes it hard to find the truth.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMUlPI9n8jc - Manly P Hall - Alchemy
>>
Just read the Emerald tablet. It's very short and in some translations seems to reference two other works which detail the full understanding. Does anybody know what these two works might be?
>>
>>19309545
I researched it. It's someone's digital art on DeviantArt.

http://ennoea.deviantart.com/

So just some emo kid's sigils...they are beautiful though.
>>
>>19309741
Very beautiful, but kinda goes with my comment about making it hard to find truth.
>>
>>19309673
Could you point to the translations that reference these? There are quite a few out there.
>>
>>19309846
http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/emerald.htm

There are several different translations in this link. The first one, instead of interpreting three principles, it says the rest is explained in "two other works".

Further down the line it seems one of the books' author is in the translation. Not sure if it is right or not. A lot of the translations seem to identify the last work as some solar work.
>>
so this is really just a self improvement thread

ok
>>
>>19309888
Thanks. I haven't looked into any of the works by the Arab authors. I'll check them out.
>>
>>19309904
It's the postmodern watering-down of all religions, anon.
Alchemists were really just trying to 'transmute their souls', not literally looking for gold
Witches and druids were peaceful nature-worshipers, not brutal shamanistic blood magicians
Jesus wasn't literally the son of god who walked on water and rose from the dead, he is just an example to live by to make you a better person
>>
>>19309970
>Witches and druids were peaceful nature-worshipers, not brutal shamanistic blood magicians

its kinky fetish forplay for LGBT and crypto pdos
>>
Alchemy is about turning a lead soul into gold it was guised as chemistry because it was a spiritual teaching. It was only supposed to be understood by enlightened minds who wished they could ascend higher spiritually through the power and understanding of the 3 number representing creativity and imagination. There was a 12 step process each step associated with each zodiac sign
>>
>>19309888
Is there actually a book of Galieni Alfachimi? I can't find any historical references to that name other than the tablet.
>>
>>19309970

Jesus was an Alchemist.

And at the Last Supper he showed us the Philosopher Stone.

Do you know what the Great Work of Alchemy is ?

Jesus is the Capstone.

He came to give us the Eucharist.

The Bread of Long Living and the Elixir of Life.
>>
>>19310002
Chimie is French for chemistry. It could have come from an older root word. Also the Latin name for France is Gallia.
It's possible that this is just a really old reference to "French book of alchemy" or similar.
>>
File: r5mNRdN.jpg (30KB, 448x467px) Image search: [Google]
r5mNRdN.jpg
30KB, 448x467px
>>19309673
pure conjecture:
>RGB
>ruby tablet
the "philosopher's stone"
>emerald tablet
the text we've all read
>blue tablet
The bible?
because jews wrote it
and jews are atlanteans
and atlantis is blue
>>
a bunch of pre-science entrepreneurs trying to make gold out of shit that isn't gold. it's impossible, as you'd know if you passed your sophomore chemistry class
>>
>>19310153

We have made gold. It just takes more energy then its worth.

We know how to do it. But its not economical.

Maybe the old Alchemists had a way.
>>
>>19309888
Are the two works you are talking about the ones by Geber? Those explain alchemy but use the same vague symbolism as every other alchemical text.
>>
>>19310198
Maybe? I'm pretty new to all of this. Hence why I made the thread.
>>
File: AYY.png (693KB, 686x683px) Image search: [Google]
AYY.png
693KB, 686x683px
THE DRAGON PILL

STEP 1: FUCK A KID

STEP 2: TORTURE THE KID

STEP 3: EAT THE KID

STEP 4: USE THE KID'S EMOTIONS AS FUEL

STEP 5: CHANGE REALITY

dragons do it and the will they choose to use the kids' energy for becomes the natural laws our universe holds. Inertia exists because a dragon fucked a kid and ate him
>>
>>19304532
>>19304630
>>19304942
>>19305128
>>19305877
>>19307129
>>19307142
>>19307318
>>19307450
>>19307681
>>19307912
>>19310008
wise, listen to these

>>19304535
>>19305227
>>19305910
>>19307072
>>19307235
ignorant, discard opinions

Learn to separate the wheat from the chaff. It is the only way to true understanding.
>>
>>19304448
op i can tell u anything about it for a price.. u listen?
>>
>>19311593
Price?
>>
>>19307184
sometimes i wonder if there would even be swine if the pearls weren't hidden so far up fags asses
>>
File: alchemy_tree.jpg (308KB, 793x1000px) Image search: [Google]
alchemy_tree.jpg
308KB, 793x1000px
>>19304448
No, that's absurd.

Alchemy is part protoscience (the forerunner of chemistry) and part spiritualism (by transforming materials, you transform yourself).
>>19304942
Chemistry came RIGHT out of alchemy, dude. They even share the same root word. The only difference between them is that chemistry went for a more materialistic approach than self-improvement.
>>
>>19312037
>dick pic
>>
>>19314138
Seems sketchy
>>
I don't know anything about that bullshit spiritual alchemy, but if you're just talking about transmuting matter into other matter it's possible scientifically. It just takes enormous amounts of energy so it isn't currently worth it. If we had easy access to space we could create machines that used the sun's energy to "transmute" matter into more desired materials by shifting around the building blocks
>>
>>19314904
Thats alchemy 101. *thumbs up*
>>
A bunch of old, outdated pop culture.

Like it or not, modern pop music has more "alchemy" to it than all that old mythological shit.
>>
I can tell you that there was no such thing as 'spiritual alchemy' in the west, before the 19th century. Fools will protest this because they think that watching youtube videos makes them an expert on the subject. Ive been engrossed in alchemical literature for a good part of my life, and i can tell that since Ancient Greece (Zosimos) to Fulcanelli they all do practical work. If you manage to decode the names of the substances, you will see they are describing real chemical reactions that you can check in a lab. People gotta remember the fact that until recently we didnt know that it takes a star to produce a metal. Suddenly alchemical beliefs dont seem so far fetched and "spiritual".
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.