[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm fairly sure that this isn't the proper board to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: VHS.jpg (114KB, 550x314px) Image search: [Google]
VHS.jpg
114KB, 550x314px
I'm fairly sure that this isn't the proper board to ask this but I had an idea for a movie and I want to know if a movie like it exists so I can watch it, and I figured this place would be likely to contain people who'd know what resembles what I'm looking for. The idea is for a movie where it's generally calm or peaceful, like a slice-of-life but throughout it, there'd be something ominous that wouldn't be too noticeable at first but over the course of the movie, becomes more prominent, causing the movie to get weirder or freakier, like a sound or a person or creature appearing in the background.
>>
thats so vague, but I would imagine theres a movie like that.
>>
>>19291293

Your life and your impending suicide
>>
I think it's a solid idea. Something subtle that gradually becomes more and more ominous as the movie goes on. But would you actually want to reveal it at the end, or just let the viewers walk away with a discomfort they can't place.
>>
>>19291312
I'd prefer the latter though I'm fine with the first.
>>
That's a bit like The Shining film, but more subtle.
>>
can't think of any movies offhand, but some of muriel spark's novels are like that. if you're up for a read, try her book memento mori.
>>
>>19291328
I'll keep her in mind. Thank you.
>>
I guess an example I can think of is this Adult Swim short, "This House Has People in It".
>>
>>19291347
Pretty much anything Alan Resnick has made.
>>
>>19291355
Yeah, though I'm sure there are movies that deal with it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.