[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/. I just got into a heated argument with my dad who, unfortunately,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: thien-duong.jpg (37KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
thien-duong.jpg
37KB, 500x321px
Hey /x/. I just got into a heated argument with my dad who, unfortunately, believes in utter bullshit. He told me that NASA is trying to cover up a castle in the sky (pic related, supposedly "taken" by "NASA Scientists" in 1993) after reading it in some bullshit Chinese newspaper.
I was pissed as fuck when he told me as if it was facts and started treating me like children when I started to deductively reason with him. ("Yeah sure, whatever, I believe you now...") and didn't say a damn word afterwards.

I actually burst out crying. I actually felt like I just lost all of my IQ after arguing with him. I didn't know that my father, a fairly intelligent and kind man would decide to believe in such thing. I mean, this is some /x/ level whacko shit. This has got to be a joke, right? I don't believe it. I think he was just fucking with me, I'm not sure.
>>
File: IMG_9459.jpg (8KB, 325x155px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9459.jpg
8KB, 325x155px
>>
>>19289958
What the fuck does this have to prove?
>>
File: 1AdamtheMiner.jpg (16KB, 500x261px) Image search: [Google]
1AdamtheMiner.jpg
16KB, 500x261px
>>19289946
wha kind of reddit tier fag cries over some shit like that?
go get your testosterone lvls checked,
Nasa does cover up a bunch of shit
>>
>>19289946
You don't know about the sky castle? Dude you can't be serious...
>>
This was the wrong place for you to go to. Too many tin foil hat fucks. I don't know, man. People change. People also sometimes start to believe in things because they feel something is missing from their lives or maybe their just scared or lonely. That's pretty surface judgement, though. I hope you figure it out. If your dad goes senile continue to love him but don't let the bullshit overcome you. Good luck, OP.
>>
There is a castle in the clouds.

I like to go there in my sleep.
>>
>>19289946
People, even smart ones, can believe in some really stupid shit. Such is life.
>>
>>19290170
Hence all of you fuckups gathering on 4Chan. You are all fuckups! Lmfao
>>
>>19290201
That includes you too, friedfrend. We're for support.
>>
OP will you be my gf
>>
>>19289946
Take it like a champ OP. That's what heated conversations with dad's feel like.
I remember I red pilled my dad on something as simple as Earth's axial tilt during a complete revolution stays the same hence the weather change. At first he was adamant that it tilts to opposite side everytime(he had a poor childhood and less education). Made me loose my mind. I was only 12. Yet I proved him wrong with a globe and flashlight. He still wouldn't take it for the rest of the day. I almost cried. We settled late night that I was right. Best childhood memory ever.
>>
>>19289946
That is a shoop of the Battle of LA photo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Los_Angeles
>>
File: BAT1.jpg (23KB, 432x349px) Image search: [Google]
BAT1.jpg
23KB, 432x349px
>>19290404
>>
>>19289946

Really?

It's literally a fucking you dumb cunts
>>
>>19290758
Tell me about a fucking
>>
>>19289946

Your dad just wants to believe in something beautiful out there. He can't put his finger on, or figure out, what that something is, so he places his frustration on the government, knowing that, in his heart of hearts, there IS something out there whether he can prove it or not.

OP. He's your father. He's proud to be your father. My father is the same way. By arguing with them like we do, we not only shame them, but we dash away a piece of their heart. Is it childish of them to believe these things? Yes, somewhat, but only equally as childish as us refusing to let them have their fragile hope.

It's a beautiful lie. I get that. But to some people, people like us, no amount of beauty can outweigh the ugliness of the untrue.

Be patient with him. Do not confirm nor deny. The more you're willing to let him believe in this thing, the more he'll be willing to let you be skeptical.

Somewhere in the middle of all that, you will bond a little, and understand each other better as human beings. We're all just children, after all, no matter how old we get.

I wish what I was saying were an easy way of living. I struggle with it myself. I hurt my dad, too, even though from the bottom of my heart it breaks me to know I cause him pain like that.

I think you'll find that the truth feels like the most important thing in the world, until you suddenly find the love of family outweighing it ever so slightly, little by little over time. The former is the maturity of the logical mind; the latter is the maturity of the loving heart.
>>
>>19290844
This dude speaks words of wisdom.
>>
File: IMG_1790.jpg (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1790.jpg
83KB, 640x480px
>>19290766
>>
>>19290844
OP here. God damn it man you made me tear up ;_;
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.