[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of your favorite found footage style horror films?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0192.jpg (25KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0192.jpg
25KB, 350x232px
What are some of your favorite found footage style horror films? Ive seen most of the popular ones and some not so well known. I'm trying to find something new and truly traumatizing
>>
>>19285168
August Underground series is pretty good. I don't see it talked about much either. Very sadistic and really fucked up.
>>
>>19285168
I actually enjoyed Devil's Pass. I thought it was different enough and dealt with some past weird happenings in an interesting way.
>>
>>19285185
If you thought that series was good, you're either retarded or haven't actually watched it. It's not scary nor does it have any substance. It's just a try hard edge-fest like A Serbian Film or 120 Days of Sodom. Fuck you.
>>
File: trolljegeren-hans.jpg (70KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
trolljegeren-hans.jpg
70KB, 600x900px
Trollhunter. More dark fantasy than horror, but my absolute favorite found footage movie.

For something I don't hear about much, maybe try Afflicted?
>>
Rec
The Last Exorcism
As Above, So Below
The Tunnel
Grave Encounters
>>
OP here. I just finished Apocolyptic (2014). That shit was actually really good. I really dig cult and ayy lmao type found footage.

Wasn't there some found footage made about some Asian cult that summons some demon with a bull head or something? Anyone know the name and it's any good?
>>
>>19285168
The absolute best film in the genre is "The Taking of Deborah Logan"

i would advise not googling it as you could very easily spoil the best part.
>>
>>19286754
That one was good, I was glad when I randomly stumbled upon it on Netflix three years ago. Lake Mungo was also great for it's particular scene and build up. I'd recommend that to anyone who likes The Taking of Deborah Logan.

Some other recommendations of my personal taste:

>The Tunnel (2011)
>V/H/S
>V/H/S 2
>Banshee Chapter
>Noroi: The Curse (Japanese)
>Final Prayer (2013)
>As Above So Below
>The Blair Witch Project is obligatory
>>
>>19286830
>The Tunnel (2011)

Nowhere near as scary as CHUNNEL
>>
There's a hell of a lot of very poor suggestions here, and some good ones which I've also enjoyed. My all time favourite...

>Lunopolis
>>
>>19286625
That was one of the segments in one of the VHS flicks. I forget which, but it was the best segment in the movie.
>>
>>19285168
>>19286423
the first REC movie was quite the experience
>>
>>19286104
For those of you that are from the UK, Devil's Pass features two actors that are in the soap 'Emmerdale' Lol.

I did enjoy it though.
>>
I like Lake mungo, it's like a documentary
>>
The Poughkeepsie Tapes
>>
V/H/S movies are unforgivable irredeemable shitfests
>>
Willow Creek had me shook
>>
>>19289579
THANK YOU
>>
>>19289579
Why don't you tell us what you like before you talk shit on one of the greats?
>>
>>19289798
>greats

Kek. Noroi and REC come to mind. The V/H/S shorts are fucking garbage
>>
File: 1499074712422.jpg (131KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
1499074712422.jpg
131KB, 864x864px
VHS 2!!!
For the asian cult. My all time fav segment! Shit is to lit.
Watch all three VHS movies.

Also try the Banshee Chapter. Also try Devils Pass.

And I assume you've seen Blair Witch and Quarantine. If not... then you fucking up son.

Have fun! I love me some found footage. Havent seen August Underground... just seems like snuff stuff. More fucked then scary.
>>
The Houses October Built, not sure og that is the name, but I enjoyed this one a lot
>>
>>19289866
Yes! The Asian cult! How the demon called the guy daddy at the end. Good god.
>>
>>19285168
Found footage is played out like creepypasta, but good while it lasted.

Blair Witch and Alien Abduction are pretty crappy but they were the pioneers
>>
one of my favs is UFO Abduction, or the McPherson Tape. i watched it for the first time when I was like 11 and it scared the shit out of me, especially when I read that it was a "fake" film made to obscure the existence of a "real" abduction tape. It's probably total shit in hindsight but I don't think I'd seen any other found footage films at that point so it freaked me the hell out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUPqnOlvZk
>>
Cloverfield.

Humanity isn't meant to know what the creature really is.
>>
File: 1497408234068.jpg (57KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
1497408234068.jpg
57KB, 550x733px
Try cannibal holocaust
it's one of the first found footage movies
>>
>>19290552
and it sucks. Nowhere near as cool as its reputation.
Banshee Chapter is good.
>>
The possession of michael king.
>>
I know it's kinda boring to say, but I really loved the Blair Witch Project. I first watched itwhen I was 13, it was the early 2000s and I genuinely couldn't sleep for a week (I live right next to a heavily wooded area). The Taking of Deborah Logan was pretty good, that fucking head swallowing scene at the end man.
>>
>>19286830
Lake Mungo is one of the worst movies ive ever seen, and i like shit-tier low budget stuff
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.