/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlightenment is the realization that thoughts are produced through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: enlightenment1.jpg (241KB, 598x566px) Image search: [Google]
enlightenment1.jpg
241KB, 598x566px
Enlightenment is the realization that thoughts are produced through realization of anxiety

Thinking always has the purpose of solving something

Develope no-thought
>>
>>19284270
Dualism

That isn't it.

It's not about attaining no thought or all thought. It's about balancing the dualistic states and achieving true knowledge through a tertiary thought pattern form. It's why achieving mental balance is so important. Just because a concept is really abstract doesn't mean it's enlightened.
>>
>>19284270
It's about realizing all is one and duality is an illusion.

Are two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>19284283
A tertiary thought pattern?
>>
>>19284283
word salad
>>
>>19284283
Tell that to The Kabbalists and Yogis.
>>
>>19284283
Seeing beyond duality is only the first step
>>
>>19284270
Stop. No you don't know what you're talking about. Why do you pretend that you do? Just stop. Go figure out the real thing first instead of rping on /x/.
>>
>>19286274
You can't think enlightenment into being, you have to experience it, to know it, to be it. Only way is through meditation, the slowing of thought, the welcoming of knowing.
>>
>>19286298
>You can't think enlightenment into being
That is precisely what you can do. That's the whole damn point. It just turns out that people have a very poor grasp of the concept of thought and often need a ton of meditation to process all those emotions they thought didn't matter.

The thing is, thoughts are way more powerful than we think. Some thoughts can be no less expressed than they can be experienced, and in those cases simply hearing the thought described isn't always the same as experiencing it.
>>
Can enlightenment actually be obtained though. I don't trust anyone that says they are and most people that claim they are have the biggest egos of all.
>>
>>19286562
what would prove to you that someone you were talking to was enlightened?
>>
>>19286562
Of course it can be obtained. It can also be maintained. But if you think purely in terms of the former, you'll miss the meaning of the latter. As you've noticed in others already.
>>
>>19286593
ite lets do this fakobais,
>once you obtain it you don't have to maintain it
>>
>>19286605
>if at once I was unbiased
>then forevermore I am unbaised
Now, even if we were to assume against all reason that this logic were valid...

Were you at once unbiased as an infant? Before you'd learned anything about the world?
>>
>>19284651
true wisdom is and it isnt and both is and isnt at the same time and neither is or isnt
>>19285479
this
>>19286298
this is not the path
>>19286316
neither is this
>>19286562
it is not possible to obtain enlightenment, because it cannot be grasped, gained or talked about
>>
Just be
>>
If you see the Buddha on the road. Kill him.

Enlightenment is a state of mind that you cannot conceive. You might think having a clear & complex (((understanding))) of 'enlightened mind' gets you closer but no it doesn't mate.
Only practice. use the vehicles that are useful to you at the time to make the journey.
If practice gets deeper you probably wont be posting on /x/ about it.
>>
>>19287486
>If you see the Buddha on the road. Kill him.
What is that? I like it.
>>19286573
>what would prove to you that someone you were talking to was enlightened?
Good point. I don't think an enlightened person is going to be talking about it.
>>19286298
>Only way is through meditation, the slowing of thought, the welcoming of knowing.
I don't think this is true. Yeah, meditation can be useful for every one, but it doesn't reliably produce that state.
The closest I ever got was in December on my last psychedelic trip. Chicago is a couple hours away and a sentimental place for me, so we planned our trippy trip a month in advance. It's like I could feel the trip coming from a month away. Like that feeling you get right after you've consumed mushrooms or acid, but a month away. My girl and I took mushrooms and acid together in a fasted state. The first part was very psychological. Like therapy. Processing repressed thoughts and feelings, working through things that I didn't even know were bothering me. After maybe eight hours we were up and walking around again, eating veggies and being playful. We thought it was about over, so we smoked some weed. She began to freak out. She jumped off the bed ran into the bathroom. I just thought it was funny until she came out and tried explaining to me what was going on. I looked into her eyes and saw terror. I started going into what felt like an anxiety attack. I had been meditating for a month or so before this trip, so I began focusing on deep breaths. The anxiety grew stronger. I realized that fighting it would do nothing and all of a sudden I was outside looking in. The panic was still there, but I wasn't experiencing it. I was watching it. And I was blasted into into a profound mystical state. Keep in mind this was after we pretty much after thought our trip was over. There's more to it but I feel like I've typed too much.
>>
All is one!
>>
File: waitingforhalflife3.png (257KB, 387x345px) Image search: [Google]
waitingforhalflife3.png
257KB, 387x345px
>>19284270
Nah.

The behavior of modern neural nets seems to indicate that thought is mutational, random patterns that are reinforced when "useful".

They do not have purpose.
>>
>>19287708
You are not your thoughts, you are not your feelings, you are not your body, but they are your tools.
>>
>>19287726
That's a nice sentiment. Utterly devoid of meaning, but nice.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.