[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this problem where I think (in words) non-stop. Occasionally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: Spiritual+health+banner.jpg (160KB, 1500x996px) Image search: [Google]
Spiritual+health+banner.jpg
160KB, 1500x996px
I have this problem where I think (in words) non-stop. Occasionally the thoughts are of a suicidal nature. When I try to meditate (to clear my mind), I cannot stop the thoughts from occurring. These non-stop (all day and night 24/7) thoughts have caused extremely abnormal sleeping patterns and other serious problems that prevent me from functioning in society. Has anybody identified any method which will successfully remove the thoughts?
>>
>>19282786
Therapeutic dancing.

Get a method instructor with a weird accent and badass rep, just dance till you faint.
>>
>>19282797
Did that help you with any similar issues?
>>
>>19282786
If you think you can clear your mind of unwanted thoughts, you can. If you think you can't clear your mind of unwanted thoughts, you can't. I'm thanatophobic because I chose to be. I'll stop when I no longer have cause to make that choice. That's the other option, it's worth noting. You can change the conditions of your life so that unwanted thoughts become less valid. The less valid they are, the easier it is to believe you can get rid of them, and the less often you'll have to do the clearing task, too.
>>
>>19282858
Yoga did, but I danced a lot too.

Some things aren't stored in our brain's memory, but in our muscle memory, you can read about Reich research on it.

The use of exercise or massages as therapeutic method it's well known and the overall effects of dancing are beyond obvious.
>>
>>19282786
A white noise machine or a mantra
>>
File: guinea-pig-wallpaper-2.jpg (372KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guinea-pig-wallpaper-2.jpg
372KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>19282786
Its demons trying to stop you from growing up. Tell them they have no chance with a strong and clear direct intent and you will beat them out of your life after a while
>>
>>19283076
Have you been able to successfully eliminate them from your own life?
>>
File: Kunzang-Dorje_2003.jpg (28KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kunzang-Dorje_2003.jpg
28KB, 225x300px
>>19282786
You can not stop negative thoughts even if you tried, because they are the natural radiance of the luminous voidness of mind.
For that same reason it is not needed to stop negative thoughts (with the idea of thereby achieving a good mood) nor is it needed to produce positive thoughts (as a way of producing a good mood).
Since the thought of wishing to get positive thoughts or stop negative thoughts is a thought too (and you can not stop the flow of thoughts with even more thoughts) coming from luminous emptiness of mind. What needs to be done is to see and identify with the playful empty nature of that thought.
The very activity of trying to stop a thought is mental activity (and mental activity is nothing other then that: a thought.)
Since the activity of trying to stop a thought is itself conceptual in character, such activity results in a thought, which is
what it was trying to stop. For this reason it is impossible to stop thoughts through trying to stop them.
(In short: it is not possible to stop a conceptual activity with another conceptual activity).
Since it is not possible to stop negative thoughts, what is one to do?
The point is that it is not necessary to stop them. (with some idea of achieving the state of luminous emptiness), since the very essence of thoughts is luminous emptiness.
One merely has to make the nature or the ground of thought the center of one's attention or focus.
The same goes for positive thoughts. They do not need to be newly created (with the idea that is a better foundation for getting to the natural state of luminous emptiness than if thoughts were negative.)
Since the fundamental nature of all thoughts is awareness, one does not need to insist that thoughts be positive.
From the viewpoint of awareness the essence of both negative and positive thoughts is identical.
Because of that, negative thoughts do not need to be stopped; positive thoughts do not need to be started

Thank me later.
>>
Welcome to real life where your mind works. Thinking all the time dun gotta be a bad thing, just recognize that there isn't much of a point to redundant thought. If you have a thought that's the same or pretty much the same as a thought you've already had, either figure out what the thought is trying to teach you and learn the lesson such that that thought becomes irrelevant/intuitive, or just realize it isn't in you best interest to keep thinking that thought and think something else. What is happening is you are becoming aware of all of the things within reality that need figuring out, it's a lot of shit ain't it? But that's what life's about.
>>
>>19283149
>The point is that it is not necessary to stop them
Not only is it necessary but it has to be possible and in short order.
>>
Are these your thoughts, or does it seem like the thoughts are being projected onto you, or are you hearing voices from outside of you? Could be the beginning of a serious mental disorder. If accompanied by paranoia, delusions, or hallucinations it could be schizophrenia and you should seek treatment as soon as possible
>>
>>19283194
The person who wrote that meditated alone in a cave for over 20 years.
He has analysed and penetrated the most deepest inner workings of the mind.

You can ignore his advice, but it will be futile.
When you see your thoughts (both negative and positive) as enemies and start to fight them. You will be the loser.
>>
>>19282858
think sufis
>>
Wind chimes work good for a relaxing, and distracting noise which can break the train of thought.

If you cant get sufficent wind a fan can work or you can listen to windchimes on yt.

Windchimes are of particular interest for therapy because they are a truly random pattern of noise.
>>
>>19283227
They are not my own thoughts, they are from some external source.
>>
>>19283241
nobody gives a shit about your chinese husbando you queer
>>
>>19283294
bullshit. Nothing exists external from mind.

Your thought that your thoughts are external is hallucinating.
>>
>>19282786
I'm going to have to be the first to suggest you seek professional help?
>>
I find focusing on physical pain helps clear my mind so what i do is lay down and stretch my leg or arm behind me or something really painfully for a long time.
>>
>>19283149
>>19283241
You are both wrong. I stop concepts with concepts all the time. It's not even hard. The hard part was years ago convincing myself I actually could. It's like... once you get over that ledge, you're not in much danger of falling back. Because it's not that hard to keep doing it once you've done it at all.
>>
>>19283335
Why do you think I am on /x/...

Obviously, given that no one knows of how to deal or cure this problem, we are dealing with a phenomena that has not been scientifically studied before.
>>
>>19283101
Never had any. I heared tom campbell talk about it. Hes the most wise man ive ever hear speaking.
>>
>>19282786
I used to have this problem. Initially I used alcohol with great success for many years. Unfortunately, my body got to a point where it could no longer tolerate the self-abuse. Now I take an assortment of antidepressants and anxiety medications.
>>
Lexapro and weed. Alcohol for the really bad days.
>>
>>19283354
>You are both wrong. I stop concepts with concepts all the time. It's not even hard. The hard part was years ago convincing myself I actually could. It's like... once you get over that ledge, you're not in much danger of falling back. Because it's not that hard to keep doing it once you've done it at all.

only right answer
fight the voices with your own words of Truth.
>what truth?
you are loved.
>by who?
Jesus Christ our Lord and saviour
>b-but anon....i'm an athiest!!
then commit sudoku.
You've denied God and have no salvation (your end is in eternal death) unless you repent.

my mom told me a phrase that her mom used to say.
We should pity the poor, because when they life they suffer and if they aren't saved when they die they suffer twice.

in your case, if you haven't found Jesus Christ, the Son of God, our Lord and creator, then you'll always be on the losing end.
>>
>>
>>19284193
Drinking started causing this problem in me the following day. Unfun.
>>
>>19282786
I've suffered from PTSD since kindergarten due to turning deaf overnight, getting beaten by my dad +++ more shit lasting into my early adult years. The last few times seriously bad things have happened I would get intrusive thoughts, mental images and memories of sensory impressions from the events. Last time was ~6 months ago when my family split apart on Christmas. At that time my symptoms got so bad I had to take a semester off university. I haven't been dealing with the symptoms as much in the past 2 months though.

Condition yourself to always distract yourself with another thought when the bad ones come. Can be anything like a mantra, mnemonic etc. While doing this try to focus on something around you to get your mind on that instead. Takes a while to get used to doing this, but the intervals between the intrusive thought patterns grew big enough for me to function way better in just a few weeks.

Having people around you and socializing helps a lot too, especially when you re-learn to not be socially hyper aware and anxious (assuming you are because of "it prevents me from functioning in society").

Physical exercise, breathing techniques as well. If the thoughts provoke a physical response like heightened heart rate etc it's possible to either vent the anxiety through training or bring yourself back to a relaxed state through proper breathing. There's scientific proof of the latter, in case you think it sounds silly.

Therapy can help a lot but don't expect it to "fix" you right away. You might get bounced around between different places before you get in contact with a therapist equipped for your specific case.

Godspeed OP, I've been to that place a lot and really understand how horrible it can be.
>>
>>19285572
This is why I pretty much quit alcohol. Anxiety from hangovers makes it not worth it.
>>
File: you are gods PC.jpg (80KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
you are gods PC.jpg
80KB, 564x564px
>>19282786
Mindfulness Meditation.
youtube it.
It does something like this:
-Sit still, close eyes, and observe the sensations of your breath - how it tickles your nostrils or how your belly moves.
-After like 2 seconds you'll find that you are caught up in a thought and no longer observing the breath. Be aware that you are in thought, and now let that thought fade away as effortlessly as it arose while you direct your attention back to the sensation of the breath at the nostrils.
-This is all that you do: observe the breath, notice that a thought took your attention, notice the breath again and let the thought fade away.
-Do not resist thoughts or fight your way back to the breath. You can move your awareness effortlessly from the thought to the sensation of breath without trying, without forcing it, just will it so.
-It is impossible to stop the thoughts from arising, but it is possible to develop a powerful habit of noticing them for what they are and then deciding to let them go and going back to the breath.
-Do this for 20 minutes morning and evening and in two weeks your thoughts will quiet down, and you will have developed a level of detachment from them that you now have the freedom of choice as to whether any of your thoughts affect you in any way whatsoever!
>>
>>19286933
>youtube it
Is not the common vernacular "google it"?
>>
File: sustatinable autism.png (2MB, 1140x1128px) Image search: [Google]
sustatinable autism.png
2MB, 1140x1128px
>>19287018
google it on youtube
>>
>>19286933
I will do this and inform you of the result
>>
>>19282786
One day you will die. Thank me later
>>
>>19282786
Do you touch the sun? Do you have a relationship with it? DO you live in a dark area?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.