[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there's a decent amount of results on search engines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

File: Sirikit Dam Meditation.png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sirikit Dam Meditation.png
3MB, 1600x1200px
So there's a decent amount of results on search engines about people claiming that meditation is satanic, the emptying of oneself can leave you vulnerable to being possessed by the devil.
Here's an article https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/06/gop-candidate-yoga-opens-you-to-satanic-possession/276570/

I'm hoping someone can refute that claim as I can't do so myself. I'm too delusion to do so myself unfortunately.

Thanks
>>
>>19281698
They say the same about astral projection.
I think there might be some truth to it. When I was into meditation, astral projection, and lucid dreaming, once I got good at them I became very sick for about 2 weeks to where I couldn't even eat and I was spiritually and mentally fucked for the next almost 2 years.
But when I went back to church and started praying and reading the bible again I returned to normal, and damn did I feel good. Like god himself had helped me it was beautiful.
I don't do any of those anymore, I might get back into meditation, definitely lucid dreaming, ill actually start tonight. But fuck astral projection, i think its just lucid dreaming anyway, the technique is exactly the same as the WILD technique for lucid dreaming
>>
Would you agree that the devil operates through appealing to human greed, lust, anger, and fear? If you do, then know that meditation involves quieting the mind/ego and resisting these impulses, reducing the power they have over you and your perception. It allows you to see things in new ways and in doing so you learn the deeper truths.

What you're describing is just another attempt at trying to control you through fear, it's the same as saying that breathing is actually satanic. It's the endless 'what-if' of paranoia that will teach you nothing.
>>
>>19281698
First you need to understand what they mean by "satanic".
To many christfags, anything that goes against what christianity claims is automatically satanism.
>>
I like to practice filling myself until I well over with my fears and dreams. Maximum emotion, minimum stillness. I think of it as performing for the archons. From what I've heard rumored, emotion is what they like, and pathos especially. I know no reason to hate them. I fret that they might suffer, too. I'm sure they're doing their best, however much I wish their best was better.

Usually I pace as I'm doing it. Sometimes I even dance.

Meditation never made much sense to me.
>>
Of course the devil despises meditation, it is the one escape from his trap.
>>
>>19281698
You're not emptying yourself of anything more than an illusion because anything that you can lose is of the transient nature of life. If it is transient, it is illusory like a dream. One moment it is there, the next it is gone.

What is that which is unchanging? That which is never born and never dies? That which transcends experience? That is what meditation can reveal to you. In realizing what is beyond experience, you realize freedom and peace that is unconditional.
>>
>>19281727
He also manipulates through curiosity.
>>
>>19281698
Refute with what?

Jesus isolated himself and communed with God in a cave for 40 days and 40 nights. That's basically meditation. It's just instead of just focusing inward, Jesus focused inwardly on the Father.
>>
>>19281727
This.

Meditation while enlightened by psychedelics has long been a grounding technique and spiritual rest/reconnect to source energy through love.
>>
>Start meditating two years ago
>Be shit at it, but practice constantly
>Go into first trance 6 months ago
>Receive information/guidance about life from invisible energy beings
>Follow it
>Suddenly able to feel all kinds of energy. From plants to animals to crystals to people, everything is now self-evident
>Two months ago
>Encounter non-physical energy being, this time fear-related
>Pray for help, light-love being intervenes within 40 minutes
>One month ago
>Succesfully projected astrally. Managed to peek into hot neighbor's room
>Be scolded by truth-love entities
>"You just weaponized and corrupted the knowledge you had gained so far. We will not be back until you repent"
>Haven't heard from them since
>>
>>19281744
Depends on the place where the curiosity comes from. If it's a curiosity that comes from a greed for power or knowledge, sure, he will use that to lead you to ruin. But if it's a curiosity that is fostered by a natural desire to know god and be truly righteous, then you will know no evil.
>>
>>19281698
>the emptying of oneself can leave you vulnerable to being possessed by the devil.
people who claim that are already at risk of it, with or without meditation
>>
>>19281794
Pretty pathetic waste
I only say that since I haven't been tempted like that though. Just repent anon, falling for the roastie meme during ascension is giving power to those that refused you. You literally just cucked yourself.
>>
>>19281698
People like to claim a lot of horseshit, and that's all it's worth, too. Horseshit.
>>
>>19281827
Tell me about it. It got worse too: in the last month I've been bombarded with unimaginable materialistic rewards, unbeknownst to my wildest imaginations.
>>
>>19281842
You shouldn't care so much for material that you can't find more than it. There is a much greater perception, much greater possibility out there.
>>
>>19281842
>>19281847
I don't want to preach though, so my man. Sounds like fun. Just make sure you aren't cucking yourself in the long run. Stay on top.
>>
>>19281698
Yes, you literally stop your defenses and demons and fallen angels can influence you or possess you. When you are doing mudras or any position like the lotus you are worshiping those beings. No, this is not a joke.
>>
>>19281853
Can I get some sources anon-senpai?
>>
It's sad to think nowadays people "meditate" for the wrong reasons, you can see celebrities boasting about how they reached a high state of mind and normal people posting about how they meditate to feel better, they do "yoga" to get fit. Some others are worse, they do it to feel better about themselves, like this guy >>19281794 , he deluded himself into thinking he achieved something, it's sad to see something like this and this board is full of people like him.
>>
Meditation gives the body the rest is needs. This brings rest for the mind.

Christianity can not use that, because, if you are calm and relaxed, where the fuck do you still need to go to church and pay gift for? Why should you follow the anger preaches of the preachers for if you can meditate.
Christianity needs Satan for a reason, to make you feel helpless and uncomfortable. Then Christianity can offer you help, like making sure you know you are a sinner, the end of days are near and your favorite teacher was a false prophet and you probably are doing Christianity wrong, so you might end up in hell anyway, unless you turn around and start to practice the actual Christianity (new style ). And a year from then again you will discover that you again felt for a false prophet again.
>>
>>19281984
Gay bullshit detected.

I don't worship the faith. But Jesus taught love in a hateful world. It was a dualistic way to teach people to be more loving. They used to flog children half to death just to "break them in" to serving at another house away from family to learn good "mannerisms". They didn't even have to do anything. The beating happened anyways.
>>
>>19281993
And today that is called 'joining the military'.
But moral laws don't come from religion, the come from empathy.
If you need a god to teach you right from wrong, you are just rotten from the inside. Get some fuckin friends to learn how to interact with others. No friends? Take regular showers to begin with.
>>
>>19282004
You went full retard. I just said that Jesus taught love in a hateful world. How fucking stupid are you? Please answer this, the depths of your autism from what I can see know no bounds. Where did the morality come from? I never argued from this point. I just pointed out that Christ himself was a teacher of love and that it needed Satan because the retards in the day needed the fear of God and eternal suffering to find love. Just as you state in your post. We aren't even disagreeing. Only on the Position that Christianity can't use meditation.
>>
>>19281698
This is a lie, usually spread by christian fundamentalist preachers and cult leaders. All other religions and religious practices are deemed satanic, so that you couldn't research them and wouldn't form an own view on religion. This how you would be easier to control and easier to be fed with lies of said sociopathic and narcistic preachers and cult leaders.

Don't follow insane people, that only want to manipulate and control you. Research all religions, and don't be afraid to meditate. If something's good for your mind and soul, it's the meditation.
>>
>>19282035
>This

God gave you his own Judgement according to Christianity. So his own faith should be able to stand up to experimentation. As you are sons of God, ye are of God.

>It does btw, the entire book can be interpreted in many synchronicity, metaphorical, ancient misinterpretation of visions, and literally.
>>
>>19282012
Praying is meditation, but you must know, like I do, in the end Christianity has the aim to weaken you, not make you strong.
You say Jesus taught love. I say, do you really think their were no grandparents, widows and those who could not have children, that did not contribute to society in a caring and loving manner? And only one guy in Judea was a nice social person. Get realistic Anon. The agenda of Christianity isn't world peace, it's domination true fear.
>>
>>19282055
I will agree that the institutions that control the Faith do exactly as you say. Thus the majority of the Faith is as you say. Had you read the words of Christ alone though, you would get where I am coming from. Jesus was definitely a good teacher.
>>
>>19282060
>Had you read the words of Christ alone though, you would get where I am coming from.

Look Anon.
Morphine is known for it's working, to great satisfaction, by people in extreme pain and medici alike. Yet, you can not buy it and selling it, it is illegal. And this is for the better. Using morphine the wrong way is very dangerous.

Religious teachings can have some wisdom within. Yet, it is used more to damage and control people , then to bring them actual wisdom. Just like morphine, religion should be illegal, because history has proven religion can be used to really, really, really fuck things up.
>>
>>19282104
Morphine shouldn't be illegal. If you want people to learn to be responsible, let them make mistakes, including ferocious ones. They will learn not only from themselves, but even from each other, what truly does and does not work. When you cease to try to rule people, you learn that they do not need to be ruled at all.
>>
>>19281698
The devil is an asshole that visits sometimes and you just have to beat him thats all
>>
>>19282104
You yourself need healing anon. You continue to fall for the trap of duality. If you cannot find the good in Christ, then you will only ever witness the bad. You claim a is worse than b, since random numeric value. On the path of wisdom it doesn't matter what the world takes of truth. Christ and his words are a good. As I stated, if you had read just his words you would understand. He called men Gods in a very indirect way. Which basically meant center of reality. He was elaborating on Universal Truth.
>>
>>19282104
>>19282112
To further elaborate, to just dump Universal truth on violent torn souls would only hurt them more. They truly did just need healing back then. Not truth. There was starvation. Genocide. Slaver raids. Slavery. Fighting pits. Plutocracy and endless disease. No hope for the future. You can talk of things with such niceties now. But as what they were, truth would not have helped them in the slightest. But the truth was given in a way that when one is ready they would find it. A true Master.
>>
>>19282108
Agreed with the learn yourself approach.
But killing should also be allowed or stealing?
I think the world would be better without Christianity and Islam. Again upbringing should focus more on empathy and intellectual development then on sports and religion.
>>
>>19282124
The bigger picture, what I want to keep in mind is, what if more and more people start saying the biblical moral is good?
It becomes more logic for youngsters to follow religious leaders. And so more become helpless victims of control freaks.
So if I can choose to support of rebel against religion, I chose to not support it.
And if there turns out to be a God anyway, that God knows my motivation. If that is not good enough, fuck God!
>>
>>19282141
I have a weird suspicion re: killing. I think it might be a functional extension of the principle. If we didn't try to stop each other from killing people... there would be a temporary surge of violence, and then it would quiet again. What would happen is that there would be a surge of attempted murders. Some of them would work, some of them would fail. In any case, the act of killing would tangle the involved parties into sudden deep convulsions of pain. Not their own pain... AT LEAST NOT THEIR OWN PAIN FIRST.

Perhaps you see? The wages of sin are death.

I don't advocate for the legalization of murder, because I worry that the "temporary" in question might look like historic timeframes. The long run doesn't look very tempting when it's such an odd suspicion and so far out of sight. Ugh, I'm going to be annoyed if after this whole "Earth" business alone it turns out to have been a Civics 101 lesson for young souls. I think I'll have to drop out of the Angel Academy if that's what's going on. I disapprove of this method of pedagogy.
>>
>>19282167
I agree 100% I'm not arguing about religion, just Christ.

I really think people should test their faith more. If it doesn't hold up, it obviously isn't of God. Or you obviously hadn't developed your faith enough. If you read the word of God but didn't truly come to understand it. Did you really ever read it?

Beyond the Monotheism crap. The major problems with Big Faith is that it's that same stark difference between mom and pop versus corporations. It became solely about power/profit. It's why the Big churches rarely if ever even acknowledge each other exist. Even if they are all of Christendom.
>>
>>19281727
spbp
>>
>>19281727
spbp

>>19281744
He also manipulates through my anus. Don't forget women who don't have children and live alone. They hate Childrens and thus humans. Must be witches.
see
>>19281727
It's that same paranoia you just dredged up. Just walk with God. When Jesus was studying in the Temple it was out of a desire to know more. Curiosity.
>>
>>19282188
That is what I am saying. But you, with all due respect, are also just 'another church' ,promoting Christ in a 'new' way. So it is not helping either.

And why can people not acknowledge Christ is biblical, and the bible will forever be a control tool.

Why? Because the bible tells you to keep the law, follow your government, listen to teachers and prophets, thus be numb to your own judgment and experience in the end (so why live and think at all).
And weak people, who really want to do the good thing, are a very easy target if they want to know Christ better.

However, when they don't seek 'the Lord', they will face actual society and learn to live life, how ever hard that may be. They will produce stronger children and some do not survive (as is the case now anyway).

Time by kill religion and stop feeding it. If anyone, God should understand the Jesus-story failed. As has the Mohammed-story.

If God really is love, the best He can do is not letting us know He does exist, so we will do what WE think is good and become what He always wanted. Children who discover life our own way.

A father who keeps reminding his kids his will isn't loving, he is selfish. So if we as people not turned out as God planned, He should acknowledge His bad, not make us repent the fact we want to live life the way we thing is the most fun. And a real father would understand. He might not like it, but our joy and mistakes should make him feel good, because afterall, life is a big adventure, not a military parade.
>>
>>19282236
Nah, you just don't get it my man. I'm not promoting Christ. I'm saying his words were good. You can follow his words and still be your own. It's part of the Freewill aspect stressed in the Bible. As for doing things our own way, it's why you literally never see the hand of God. Old folks meditated deeply learning Universal truths and tried to disseminate that information using sorely lacking scientific understanding and outdated language models. You keep trying to say it doesn't work. But it does, what point do you assign life? Should everyone be forced to follow it? There is nothing wrong with the church and yes they can meditate. If someone just wants to live life smoking a bowl. It produces as much as anyone else will in the end. Because we aren't even a drop in the ocean friend. You keep thinking about all these human understandings. You keep concerning yourself with them. Walk as Jesus walked and refuse the world. Let those on their paths walk it, so you can walk yours freely. It's not like you can truly escape existence anyways. You can just pretend you do.
>>
>>19282246
>>19282236

As for what God wants, if he wanted anything it would already be manifest. Thus all is right with the world. Eventually all energetic forms across Time and Space cancel each other out and return to void. The Language of Math and Probability tell us this.
>>
>>19282246
But I am like Jesus. I think about existence, rebel against the church ( which in these days is Christianity / Islam ironically ) and tell people to look inside their own heart.
And I get along with all kinds of people, philosophers and mine workers. Mail delivery men and school teachers. As an know atheïst I have interest in all teachings and religions, I just don't feel the urge to follow any one of them. Discover all, don't get lost in just 'the one'.
>>
>>19282271
I also agree with this statement. I just believe that one can learn a lot from Christ himself. I must stress through all of this. I am not endorsing any faith. I am endorsing his teachings.
>>
>>19281960
What is a good reason to meditate then?
>>
>>19282276
There are also things you can learn from Hitler. As long as that does not mean the same as becoming a paranoid dictator, we might be on the same page here.
>>
>>19281698
Akshually, in eastern traditions, meditation is often used to ward off otherworldly entities. There's a scene in the movie "Zen" where a prince is being haunted by the ghosts of his ancestors, and Master Dogen teaches him to dispel the spirits by quieting his mind.

That said...
>GOP candidate is ignorant of eastern religion.
WEW LAD you don't say?
>>
>>19282280
Do you know what meditation is?
Then there is your answer.
If you don't know, 'etymology' is the word you are looking for
>>
>>19282280
Not him, but do some research on Zen Buddhism.

Meditation is an end in itself, not a means to an end, and the perceivable benefits of the practice are merely its side-effects.
>>
>>19281698
That's fucking retarded. Did you know they also cinsider such things as video games and Harry Potter to be the work of Satan? You cannot be this much of a fucking moron PLEASE.
>>
>>19282503
The Devil is the father of all lies, their for the greatest work of the Devil is making people believe God exists. The Bible is the Devils work. Yet people fail to see it.
>>
>>19281698
Things like meditation is what every religion is based upon. Meditation is the main method of actually connecting with 'God' instead of mindlessly going to physical places like churches.
>>
>>19281698
Deep breathing has been a most go practice for all saints/adepts/buddhist for ages, we can searh from east to west and many will have come this conclusion.

In biological terms while breathing we get calmer, release tension, dispose of any stress and guess what we end up ´´emptying`` our minds and relaxing.

It this emptiness lies a secret door way to heaven.
>>
>>19281698
>I hope someone else will do it for me
doesn't work that way.

Garbage in garbage out, etc. This applies to meditation. It's not about what can "get you" or "posses" you, but what you allow to get inside of you or possess. Those thing are here influencing your very being whether your meditating or not friend, meditation only brings our inner demons to light. Either you face it or become all consumed.

I mean this equally allegorically and literally. Sometimes demons will manifest as.. demons, and other times they will manifest as other things. From addiction, personality complexes etc to full blown possessions and bad drug trip levels of fuckery.

You're "in it" whether you are meditating or not. The meditation just helps boost awareness of the situation you're in
>>
File: 1482437986390.gif (185KB, 768x368px) Image search: [Google]
1482437986390.gif
185KB, 768x368px
>>19282522
This is essentially right, if by Devil you mean PEOPLE.
>>
File: Candle.gif (577KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Candle.gif
577KB, 500x700px
>>19282276
Thomas Jefferson wrote a version of the Bible that included no supernature, it treats Jesus as the Philosopher he was rather than a son-of-a-god.
Check it out! Or just read about Zen, which is better. Remember Jesus was influenced by Buddhism during his travels and basically adapted it for his audience, poorly.
>>
>>19282559
People created the Devil, as much as they created the notion and idea of God.
Should make you wonder though,
What is it people experience when they think they had a visit by God.
Good quetioning often leads to the honest anwser they had a dream or haven't had eaten for a long time, which should make you skeptic about them being in a clear state of mind at the big moment.
>>
>>19282571
Was not. Jesus wasn't at all. However, those who made the story up did include such teachings in their fictional mascotte Jesus.
>>
>>19281733
What a bizarre post. Posts like this make X worthwhile. St. Vitus' dance.
>>
>>19282295
>Muh hitler meme

Seriously just go fuck yourself. If this is all you could dredge up to combat the Word of Christ. You have truly failed. This argument is beyond the last resort of the stupid. Because at least the last resort of most stupid isn't to make comparisons to totally different things. It's usually just and I failed but I hate you and refuse to admit defeat.
>>
>>19282571
Will do anon.
>>
>>19281698
OP, it is as simple as this: people will always fear that which they do not understand.
Meditation will clear your mind of ignorance and fear.
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 201x251px
>>19283633
It's okay Anon. You defended Christ, so peeps won't take you seriously anymore anyhow.
>>
File: 1473416623022.jpg (656KB, 1198x944px) Image search: [Google]
1473416623022.jpg
656KB, 1198x944px
>>19283842
Yeah, people are fairly autistic like that. You show them Good words. From a good person.

>B-b--bbbut muh people around the good guy are bad. So you can't say the good guy is good.

This is actually what the dredges believe.
>>
>>19283855
If the bad guys hang around the good guy, there is more bad then good for you to find if you start hanging with that same good guy. Especially if that good guy is kinda *!Never Around!*
>>
File: 1481521646631.gif (174KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481521646631.gif
174KB, 300x300px
>>19283903
>I'm too stupid to use a filter

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS ARE TOO FUCKING MUCH
>>
>>19281698
Actually true, emptying yourself in terms of the New Age ego death is exactly this. You shouldn't be emptying your body of it's spirit only it's materialistic desires, that is how you rise above temptation.

Doing so makes a weaker spiritual self, less of an identity makes you more susceptible to attacks or possession.
>>
>>19281721
i once sat cross legged and focused on my breathing counting from 1 to 10 over and over. 5 minutes later i was literally possessed by satan himself, had to spend 10 YEARS in a catholic psychiatric hospital before the nuns could exorcise The Deceiver out of my soul.

Meditation, not even once.
>>
>>19283905
Nah, don't feel the need for Jesus at all. I enjoy drugs and sex too much.
>>
>>19284189
Okay my dude no problem. Just pointing out that Christ isn't "bad". That's is only a matter of perception.
>>
>>19281698
So there's a decent amount of results on search engines about people claiming that [any mystical or occult or religious practice that isn't going to the church of a certain Christian denomination or praying to Jesus] is satanic, the [trying to search for religion in any way besides Christian dogma] can leave you vulnerable to being possessed by the devil.

Here's an article https://www.bullshit.com/
I'm hoping someone can refute that claim as I can't do so myself. I'm too delusion to do so myself unfortunately.

Thanks
>>
>>19281794
>not gonig inside Coca-Cola's secret vault
you don-goofed!
>>
>>19281698
It's the dumbest shit I ever heard. At best they are blundering idiots who don't understand the subject. At worst, they have an agenda to keep people from seeking spiritual ascension...gotta keep that church attendance high, yaknow!
>>
>>19284245
t. Satanist Edglord emofag666
>>
is OOBE supposed to be an accomplishment or easy?
some websites peddle it as easy,other as a hard learned skill
>>
There's nothing to refute. I don't like buddhism and the concept of ego death, but there's no correlation.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.