[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the Earth is flat how come you can't see the land of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

If the Earth is flat how come you can't see the land of other countries across the ocean even with binoculars or a telescope? Could it be that there's... A CUUUURVE?

lol nah
>>
I live in garbage atmosphere California and I can barely see the mountains that aren't that far away.
>>
I live in a house and I can barely function anymore.
>>
>>19281392
If the Earth was flat you still couldn't see far away because of the atmosphere. The only way to know is to create a vacuum tunnel across a vast amount of terrain and just look through it.
>>
>>19281413
Or radar, or any radio/nuclear based aparatum.

Stop being a meme.
>>
>>19281392
BAIT
>>
>>19281392

Stop fucking posting this garbage.

You are fucking cancer.
>>
>>19281392
still haven't figured out flat earth, OP?
that's OK, you'll get there
>>
>>19281392
If the earth is flat why don't ships fall off the edge of the earth?
>>
It's a hypersphere
>>
>>19283434
I actually have a story idea I've been meaning to write explaining that one. Reality warping around the edges so it appears round.

Most Flat Earthers think Antarctica is the edge though. Which would make it suddenly the biggest continent on the planet. It's fucking absurd.

I've still not heard a good explanation for why the sun sets.
>>
>>19283356
>you posted a good rebuttal and I have no comeback, REEEEEEEE
>>
>>19283459
Haven't you heard? Sun spins in circles in the sky. These circles are so large that it only appears the sun sets because the lamp of the sun only shines in a finite circle of light, and thus dissappears at the end of every day.
I didn't say they made any sense.
>>
>>19281392
same reason you can't see through a cloud, smart guy
all air has water vapor in it, especially over the ocean where it's actively evaporating constantly

a cloud is significantly more dense so visibility ends quickly, but over huge distances its more gradual but it DOES eventually add up to where you cant see anything further.

that's why things get hazier as you move away from them until you can't see them, they don't sink into the horizon in full clarity.

use your eyes, not your book learned programming
>>
>>19283725
so using other wavelenghts of light should be enough to see other continents, interesting
>>
>>19283356
Leave nigger
>>
>>19283793
oh sure
those "other kinds of light" they tell you about. the kind only seen by machines run by globalist shills

just another "but the scientists told us...."

I SAID use your eyes
>>
File: 8eFQrVK - Imgur.jpg (93KB, 830x830px) Image search: [Google]
8eFQrVK - Imgur.jpg
93KB, 830x830px
>>19283826
like clockwork
>>
>>19283374
If you travel by aircraft you can literally see the curvature of the earth in all directions.
>>
>>19281392
Then how did Sarah Palin see Russia from her home?

This the part where I say CHECKMATE!
>>
>>19281392
>Flattards. .. . .
>Don't trust science,
>don't trust big money cooperations, >don't trust gubmint

use the internet to spread and learn truth.

Because, YouTube has not become mainstream and /x/ is full of influential peeps.

It used to be cool to say :
We are intelligent.
Now it has been proven some people are so retarded, you'd wish they were right just to save the honor of the human race. They are so fuckin lost.
>>
>>19283942
11th Governor of Alaska

It's called check
>>
>>19283900
No you can't. Planes only fly 39,000ft high and according to google you have to be at least 50,000 ft to see the curvature
>>
>>19284033
This is from personal experience and why would you be trusting Google with information that confirms the earth being round. Go take a trip on a jet and come back to this thread saying the earth is flat.
>>
>>19284094
I fly frequently and there is no curve.
>>
File: IMG_7840.jpg (18KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7840.jpg
18KB, 220x230px
>>19283986
>>
>>19281392
"Muh air density!" is the usual excuse.
>>
>>19283810

>thinks the earth is flat
>calls someone else a nigger

You are a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>19284033
I saw it in a plane once. It was faint, a very slight curve at a specific moment. It made me feel tiny and it was so beautiful.
>>
>>19284128
You can also see planes coming from the horizon appearing to be going straight up but they're not because the atmosphere and earth is round
>>
File: 1487132419525.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1487132419525.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>19283434
there's a wall of ice containing everything
>>
>>19281392
perspective, vanishing point
>>
>>19281392
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo5W7EWPwY0
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.