[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /x/, how do I go back in time? I don't mean the back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1379825224678.jpg (382KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1379825224678.jpg
382KB, 800x800px
hey /x/, how do I go back in time? I don't mean the back to the future way, I mean more like rewinding time.
>>
>>19275864
You more than likely can't. Time isn't linear, it all probably happens "instantaneously" . It's a physical dimension we are bound to, and to escape it would mean you cease being human as we know it.
>>
Play Angels with Scaly Wings. Oh wait no, that's only a simulation of a time rewinding. Oh well. At least we get virtual distractions from the world of mechanistic existential horror.
>>
>>19275874
Would that be bad? To be alive without time might be interesting, although I'm not sure I'd still be technically alive.
>>
>>19275934
>Would that be bad?
Depends. When we talk about "eternity" we don't mean lots of time. Eternity is existing outside of time, being able to look at time like looking at a parade from a helicopter, seeing the start and the end. It really depends on where you spend your eternity on what you experience, and it's kinda difficult to comprehend.
>>
>>19275864
its not possible.
>>
>>19275864
If anyone here knew how to do it, he'd have undid the mistakes that led to him wasting his time on 4chan in the first place.
>>
File: IMG_4283.jpg (81KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4283.jpg
81KB, 500x437px
>>19275864

Sorry dude. I only know the Back to the Future way.
>>
>>19275864
Life is Strange made time travel look shitty, don't do it
>>
>>19275864
You already have gone back in time; you just don't remember.

How did last week go for you? How about yesterday? Remember those things that happened, those details where you can form a specific linear causality that will ensure the moment you are in right now exists, with all the things exactly where they are around you?

No. No, you don't. That chain of causality is so infinitely complex that there's no way that even if you superimposed your consciousness onto the imagined point from now 24 hours ago would you be able to find your way back to now. Your present moment is built on such ridiculous levels of complexity, from the wind blowing in this precise way to the degree of dust surrounding your glowing monitor right now, that you don't even consciously acknowledge all of the things that have been required to occur in order for you to exist.

Sure, you think you can narrow it down to some idea of "choices" you've made... those *important* "choices," even, the major "life decisions" that you negotiated like some cosmic board-game where you elected to take some option or go down some road less traveled by... okay, shoot: what were those decisions, and once they are removed from the equation of your present moment, what do you think would have occurred without them that you would "fix" or "correct" by changing?

[1/2]
>>
>>19276730

Do you really think you have that much understanding? I mean, I hate to be a debbie downer here, but if you're framing the idea of time travel in such linear consistency, then you are forgetting something:

You have been sent back from the moment where all is one; where we arrive at omniscience as a singular consciousness, and you are remembering how to get back to that infinite source. You're already in the past. The future is an exponentially increasing expansion of access to information on every level of semiotic media, resulting in an asymptotic singularity of the recognition that at some point all timelines are lived out, and all wave functions are collapsed, and this is an orchestrated dance, all of us constantly challenged to maintain a perspective that will carry us to the future we imagine as best.

Remember everything. Remember the future. Entelechy is the only logical conclusion.

You already know everything you need to know.

You are already wherever you think you need to be.

Forget everything that has ever told you that you are not everything you need to be already.

Fuck self-improvement; fuck life-coaches; fuck religious institutions; fuck "principled stands;" fuck logical positivism (specifically, the historical ideological shift toward the primacy of empirical senses - we have reached the limits of that perspective, and we absolutely must acknowledge the irrational basis of thought - its mere existence is not explainable through rational means, after all...); fuck everything but the gnostic journey of transcending your physical body through whatever means necessary and exploring the pathways of consciousness that lead you toward the ineluctable conclusion that all sentient beings are part of a one, nameless, limitless experience, and you can and always have been participating in that experience, and you can remember everything - beyond your bodily life in this dimension - and you can access the ever-present omniscience...

[2/2]
>>
>>19275864
You already have, idiot. You rewinded yourself, too; your memories and personality reverted back to one which would be interested in rewinding time.

Seriously, cut it out, this is like the fifth time.
>>
>>19276746
>fuck "principled stands;"

Whoo, found the guy who is using his very special woo to justify being a narcissistic coward who bows to every pressure rather than retaining principles. It's so nice when you people expose yourselves directly so everything else you say can be neatly wrapped up and discarded.

Really divine insight doesn't have shitnuggets in it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.