[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any esotericfag help me with this? I cant find any instances

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: a_92922753.jpg (20KB, 200x312px) Image search: [Google]
a_92922753.jpg
20KB, 200x312px
Can any esotericfag help me with this?
I cant find any instances of these symbols in any kind of dictionary or book, i found it in an illustration and triggered my curiosity, alas, it can be merely fictional symbols
>>
>>19271312
Unless AoT suddenly shows up, you're kind of fucked on any actual occult help. Let's try a summoning ritual...
>>
Where did you find the symbols? They contain some known occult symbolism but so far nothing specific, so itd be interesting to know the source
>>
ALEISTER CROWLEY WAS THE GREATEST OCCULTIST EVER

VOODOO AND AFRICAN MAGICK ARE JUST OOGA BOOGA SUPERSTITION

INDIAN SPIRITUALITY IS FOR DRUGGED UP HIPPIES
>>
Continue chanting in this fashion until he appears.
>>
>>19271312
absolutely ALL magical symbols of this kind come from Islam, some come from Iceland (the arabs enslaved a ton of Icelanders) and there is a combination of Kaballah, Gnosticism and Esoteric Islam during the 12 century with Alphonso X. German pamphlets competed with each other mixing and matching these visual designs until the popular ones emerged around the 18th century with the Vodun practices of Hati and the Pennsylvania Dutch "pow wow" tradition.

I've studied them all and can clearly tell you: this shit is nonsense with little authentic background. Kinda like the symbols of the Simon Necronomicon, just a graphic designer's fantasy.
>>
>>19272747
>INDIAN SPIRITUALITY IS FOR DRUGGED UP HIPPIES
kek Aleister Crowley did drugs and yoga dumpass
>>
>>19273966
He also partook in Afro-Carrib derived praxes IIRC.
>>
>>19273959
What do you mean "ALL magical symbols of this kind"? What kind, specifically? How the hell does the lineage you just outlined qualify these as having "little authentic origin"? Even the very latest origin/emergence you referenced is from a legitimate tradition, from over 300 years ago...?
>>
>>19273992
all like this, which includes basically everything

of course it's more complicated than that but the history of 'magic symbols' ALWAYS ends up as Persian in some way or another. Islam exacerbated this with their iconic codes (no realistic visuals of humans or angels, gods or demons). They infected Africa before Europe could and stole Icelanders who had a long tradition of runic magic.

You can trace any legitimate magical 'symbol' or 'seal' to Islamic talismans, but not OP's they are obviously just modern artistic sigils.
>>
File: islambasic.jpg (246KB, 771x646px) Image search: [Google]
islambasic.jpg
246KB, 771x646px
>>19274023
simple as pie - all vodun vevers, solomonic seals, etc. Come from this style.
>>
>>19273959
Islam? wtf I hate magic now
>>
those are galactic federation
>>
>>19274039
probably predates Muhammad (Zoroaster + Babylonian symbolism) but whatever.

Islam is insanely important to modern magic symbolism, even the Kaballah tree of life doesn't exist without Islamic magic.
>>
>>19274023
So you're just asserting that "All magical symbols are nonsense with tenuous authenticity? Care to cite that assertion, or particularly, provide us with documentation that all magical symbols are Persian derivatives?
>>
>>19274062
>all magical symbols are nonsense

not what i said. Some symbols in old German pamphlets or like the Sixth and Seventh Book of Moses are 'ancient' or based on something (probably works during Alphonso X's reign bringing together Kabbalists Christian and Islamic mystics) and these particular symbols infected the magical traditions of the Pennsylvania Dutch and the Vodun vevers along with the Icelandic 'magic staves' tradition. There are TONS of magic traditions that can trace their ancestry from 100 to 2000 years ago.

Not OP's stuff though. It's basic stylized Osman Spare stuff. Not based on more than the author's imagination.
>>
>>19274081
I asked which kind you meant by "ALL of this kind." You said
>all like this, which includes basically everything
(STILL not defining what you mean by "like this").
And back up top we see you saying:
>I've studied them all and can clearly tell you: this shit is nonsense with little authentic background. Kinda like the symbols of the Simon Necronomicon, just a graphic designer's fantasy.

I will, for a third time, request that you provide us with links, sources, valid citations of ANY kind to back your assertions. If you ignore me 3 times, despite indicating you clearly read my posts by the fact you responded to them, there is nothing for it but to assume you are full of shit.
>>
>>19274097
sigh,

ok, first - these symbols ARE authentic in the Osman Spare sense, someone invented them for some reason, that is valid in many magical schools.

By authentic I meant Ancient and I'm sorry about assuming that the non-ancient = inauthentic. Magic is whatever people feel is magic, so that could be any symbol at all.

I mean that these symbols have no connection to any ancient system I know of. There is a little pentagram in the third symbol and a swastika in the last symbol but these are common symbols. The diacritics of dots and 't' symbols are also common, as well as crosses and circles.

What I'm saying is that none of them fit any ancient symbol or system of symbols that all tend to stem from ancient Persia and writing systems like cuneiform, Phoenician systems (Greek-Roman-Hebrew - Arabic) and indigenous pictographs.

None of these symbols have any kind of history. They're just some guy's invention. Doesn't mean they ain't magic, just that they don't mean anything in any common understanding.
>>
File: D-onStage-sm.jpg (14KB, 326x300px) Image search: [Google]
D-onStage-sm.jpg
14KB, 326x300px
OP HERE WITH NEWS

This symbols, as i first seen them, was from a piece of art which i found interesting to print and use as decoration, but the symbolism was quite intriguing, as i do not know neither have seen any of this before. Anyway im not questioning their authenticity from both parts as i will explain here.

The link of the art:
(http://fleshpress.storenvy.com/products/1747375-ssii-vlad-impaler-of-flesh-woodcut)

Alas, i reversed searched those symbols individually, and i was mindblown to the fact that it appears on some russian vfk user public31512771 dating 2011 beside the woodcarving art.

The vlad's piece dates more recent i believe.
So i came up to three possibilities:
1 the author of the vlad's piece used those symbols and woodcarved the art in the style of the symbols (some sort of soft plagiarism), so the author of the symbols was this russian blogger.
2 they are the same person, which i don't think it is possible.
3 vlad's piece is older than the blogger but kinda improbable because in his blog there are other four symbols in the style

Now the fact: in the drawing they are upside down.

Am i missing something? I will not be astounded to the fact that these symbols mean nothing in occult symbolism, of course i would want to believe that it means something. But what about this only other instance of it's occurence?

I have some sort of occult library on my PC and i passed overnight to come up with an explanation or some sort of similarities between data. But im kinda giving up by the time.

Addendum: the square like symbol is quite close to the alchemical symbol of the year, with some changes, fact that can lead us to think they are merely fictional.
>>
>>19274118
>has the audacity to "sigh" after repeatedly contradicting self from post to post,
> then obfuscating and refusing to cite sources after 3 REQUESTS because
>"Well, I didn't actually *mean* what I said before"
Never change, shitpostchan
>>
>>19274081
>along with the Icelandic 'magic staves' tradition
This is kinda stupid considering runes predate Islam.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.