[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think if we died? I always wondered, do we see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 1495908184511.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495908184511.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What do you guys think if we died? I always wondered, do we see endless darkness, do we end up living in another time, restarting our lives as babies, or do we even live our eternal lives as a ghost? Redpill me on this topic, /x/ .

>not a suicidal post
>>
This might be hard to comprehend, but I believe we truly just cease to exist. Our brains seem to be our only connection to consciousness, and when those die, we die. However do not fear death because of this. Before you were born you didn't exist either, it wasnt until a sperm and an egg met that you began. Why should there be an afterlife? Humans are simply animals who have developed a higher functioning conciousness.
>>
eternal darkness mostly, it’s like sleeping, you’ll just see darkness.
>>
Hell. Burn for ever.
>>
>>19271077
>Before you were born you didn't exist either, it wasnt until a sperm and an egg met that you began

If you didn't exist at one point in time and then began to exist, there is a definite possibility the same will happen again.
>>
>>19271054
dead for a lil bit, then you come back as a fat gay dude who LOVES avocado
>>
>>19271144

you don't "see" anything. Everyone has nights where they just fall asleep and then wake up without having a dream so there is just some kind of "hole". The night is gone but there was nothing. And this kind of nothing will be there for eternity.
No dream, no "seeing only black", nothing.

It's very hard for me to imagine to just not exist and I'm sometimes terrified of that thought but I have to get used to it because at one point I will stop existing and nothing can stop that.
>>
>>19271159
Sure, however our conciousness is a product of our brain and will not carry over. Each life is a new blank slate, you have no special energy attatched to you that is life.
>>
It's hard to describe how it feels not to exist because all we've ever done since birth is exist.
The closest thing to the absence of consciousness is no-dream sleep, so i think its something like that.
>>
File: 1465452465486.jpg (593KB, 744x1174px)
1465452465486.jpg
593KB, 744x1174px
My cousin just started trying out something other than catholisism and read up on buddhism. Just enough to get himself royally confused. Now he thinks rocks can reincarnate into mountains.

Death is a personal event, not cosmic. And it's an end. There's no soul.
>>
>>19271166
That doesn't seem so bad, I'm pretty sure avocados keep him happy.
>>
>>19271186
clearly none of you have been put under for surgery
unlike sleep you have no sense of the passage of time either, your mind switches off and then back on hours later. aside from the groggy time while you wake up there's no thoughts, feelings, or anything while youre chemically gone

that's more akin to non existence than dreamless sleep. just that you never return from it
>>
>>19272537
You think being put to sleep and meeting your creator on your final day are the same thing? Interesting..
>>
>>19272537
I've had dreamless sleep for 3 years.

You just go in and come back out any amount of time later, I also found alarm clocks to be utterly useless.
>>
I believe we make our lives and time in the afterlife what we want based on our thoughts, actions and emotions. I think you spend time in the afterlife for a bit working to understand your previous life decisions on a deeper level and then you wait and prepare for your next life in which you walk your next path.

I believe there are too many near death and consciousness driven experiences to discount the existence of the afterlife.

It is my hope we also get a chance to reunite with the people we wish to see there and we separate for a time from those we do not wish to see.

Maybe there is nothing. Without 100% proof for myself I do not yet know. However, I've decided to live my life reaching to be worthy of where I dream to go than betting on my existence being limited to one short life.

One man's Heaven is another man's Hell OP. Decide what kind of life you want and live it until you feel like you have a better grasp on your own answer to this question. Don't dig a hole for yourself by following someone else's playbook while you decide whether or not there is a goal.
>>
>>19271175
>you don't "see" anything
This. Except I believe instead of nothing, it's something like slipping unconscious and transcending back to the source to be recycled. Karma may be applied.

But really, I'm sure I'm not the only one on /x/ who has tried erotic asphyxia, I imagine it would be like that: terrifying and euphoric at the same time.
>>
>>19272554
I've been like this for 10 years.
I can tell you alarms are indeed useless for the most part.
I got to have seven consecutive alarms to wake up man.
>>
File: 1493659601799.png (6KB, 330x331px)
1493659601799.png
6KB, 330x331px
I like to imagine we restart our lives from the beginning, same time, same place...And those gut instincts you get are really memories from previous lives and previous decisions you've made.
>>
>>19271175
>Everyone has those nights
I always have those nights. Im not kidding I always thought dreams were a meme
>>
>>19273682
Interesting. It would kinda explain deja vu too.
>>
>>19271054
For me this has been the most interesting series, on reincarnation but also the meaning and also the final goal (reuinification with the creator). This goes very very far beyond what one would expect about stages of evolution (densities) and the different types of bodies one has in each (we are in third of self awareness, for example in sixth density of fusion bodies are supposedly of light).
>LawofOne.info
Pretty crazy series but super fascinating to me. :)
Whether it's true or not I think it's really nice to ponder on this subject, so thanks op!
>>
>>19271054
Lovely pic too.
>>
>>19273682
I've thought about this alot. You ever get deja vu where it starts happening and you actually know what is about to happen for the next five, ten, fifteen seconds? It's really trippy and used to happen to me at younger ages. Every time it happened I'd just wait and watch it all happen and then think "what if I would have changed that?" But was always so astonished by the experience that I just allowed it to happen. It's sounds weird now that I'm trying to articulate it.
>>
>>19271054
I'm not sure I buy the whole ceasing to exist thing, it's not that anything is more or less probable, you cannot put a number on the probability of an afterlife or ceasing to exist.

I just think that there is another layer, and when stripped of this layer, questions like how can something exist at all, how far does the universe go on and what is anything make a whole lot more sense.

But if I do just cease to exist then no harm done, in my final moments i'll be expecting some fucking crazy revelation rabbit hole red pill waterslide and dying like that is far better than dying knowing i'm about to slip into the void, or to phrase it better cease to slip into anything.

Anyone else thing with things like the cosmological constant that it really is possible this crazy train has more to it than just the absence of life?
>>
>>19271159
>If you didn't exist at one point in time and then began to exist, there is a definite possibility the same will happen again.
Alan Watts?
>>
>>19271054
You stop existing. You do not experience anything anything at all. It is just a our selfish minds that for some reason cannot contemplate its own non-existence. It will be as before you were born. You are not there.

This might be depressing to some, but nature doesn't give a shit about our feelings. Make something of your life while you have it.
>>
>>19271159
No. Why should the same neural pattern be created again, and would it even be you if there was no continuity between the current you and some future baby sharing your initial brain patterns. It's experience won't be the same either. Nah man, when your dead, your dead.
>>
Non fui, fui, non som, non curo

I think it would be nice if something did happen but if I return to not existing I guess there isn't anything to do about it until humanity is post singularity and maybe not even then.
>>
Maybe if there is such a thing as an afterlife, it's probably something even more horrible and incomprehensible than life itself- being locked in flesh probably negates you the experience of true good, but also shields you of true evil.

Maybe, if there is a god, he is so incomprehensible and aloof that it can only be worse when we are closer to him. For all shit that life might be, maybe it's a cage that binds us but also keeps us safe from him and that other world.

I try to be the best I can be, as a neighbor and as a person, without many religious musings, because I know life is hard for everyone and we are all in the same boat adrift and alone desperately trying to row to some imaginary safe spot that always seems further away "by the sweat of our brow". No heaven nor hell, and no grand design.

Most people pray there is an afterlife, I kinda wish there isn't. If there is a god, my most sincere apologies, I misread all the suffering wrong. It just makes more sense if there isnt.

But to answer your question OP, I don't think anything supernatural happens after we die. I think our brain loses its food and shuts down and our consciousness (what we experience the world in relation to, and in this way, the I) being a byproduct of said brain, shuts down and dissapears too. Kinda scary thought but reassuring too, releasing. I might be wrong. God knows.
>>
>>19273939
Maybe deja vus are literally brain glitches. I read somewhere that when we are experiencing something, this experience passes through different "levels" of our mind, like, the present experience and then to the memory part of the mind.

When this "glitch" happens, the something, a moment in the present you are experiencing right now, passes straight through these layers without the input "leaving a mark", and goes straight to the memory part: in microseconds you experience that moment with the flavour of a memory. Sometimes it feels like it lasts longer because that "memory" creates a logical sequence of actions (potentials avaliable in the moment), and because the notion of "time" is very elastic to the mind.

Shit, I don't know if I was able to explain it but when I read that explanation (more or less like this) it made sense
>>
You're supposed to go to the spiritual universe.

There are, however, some people here who are cursed to live on earth for eternity, until they can learn to break the cycle.
>>
>>19271077
Before I had a house, I didn't have a house. After I had a house, I didn't want it to burn down. You didn't actually give people a reason not to fear, you retarded memetic abortion.
>>
>>19271054
you don't "see" when you're dead, you don't even "be".
>>
>>19271054
>>19272554
Try Sonic Alert with bed shaker. I've been using it for several years and, though not perfect, it's the only clock that consistently works.
>>
File: 1499532742468.jpg (27KB, 600x600px)
1499532742468.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>19274541
Was this supposed to be this funny?
Legit loled out loud irl
>>
>>19274511
This might be the explanation for the NPC's we have had threads about recently, husks of human beings that seem to be vacant and just consume instead of interpret.
>>
>>19273755
Try melatonin, its the only way I dream
>>
>>19271054
you'll see nothing because you cease to exist.
>>
>>19271054
things get worse as time goes on from childhood, to youn adult hood to old age and this process continues after you die, after you die you remain concious but it is all black and you go mad for all eternity trapped in your own madness becoming part of the dark energy that fuels the universe apparently it is possible to escape this state somehow through serious meditation and preparation before death but only a few individuals will ever be able to do this
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.