[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "magick" actually real? Does anyone have any first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1498747685188.png (217KB, 329x461px) Image search: [Google]
1498747685188.png
217KB, 329x461px
Is "magick" actually real? Does anyone have any first hand experiences with it that wasnt bullshit?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>19268021
Yes it is fucking real, it's basically just thoughts and spiritual energy manifesting into physical form.

It's no big deal, it all literally starts with your thoughts, the Universe is mental, there is no actual solid reality as in the illusion we perceive.

Once you realize this, you can start creating your own reality and there's where MAGIX comes from
>>
>>19268021
Results of magick are sometimes hard to discern. Often you won't know it's done anything until you have hindsight of the whole situation. Even then, it can be impossible to pinpoint how your result occurred.

You're doing magick all the time subconsciously. Every thought you have is 'magick' in one way or another, because thoughts culminate and eventually inspire action.

I don't know; nobody can really convince your of something like this. It's something you have to do yourself. Of course, any magician worth his salt even struggles to convince himself.
>>
>>19268021
It is something you have to do and experience yourself while taking a respectable approach to it.

When people sent the first platypus to the public people thought it was a fake.
>>
>>19268093
How does some learn how to do it?
>>
>>19268055
>magick is real
>your thoughts are magick
>your mom is magick
>you think it's not, look again
>magick all up in this bitch
>>
>>19268118
"Magick without tears". It's a collection of letters between Crowley and a student. This is kinda the only place where Crowley gives some insight into what some of his core works actually mean (the reading in these is dense as fuck and may as well be a schizo language of its own. The more you read, the more it makes sense).
>>
>>19268146
Sry double post;

Magick without tears won't teach you magick practices... it'll kinda help turn you on to what magick practices are, and what makes them Magickal. Then you'll have your bearings and you'll have an idea of how to perform your own works.

Magick isn't necessarily about doing rituals. It is, but the rituals are done to achieve a specific effect on the mind. Crowley stresses that anything you put your emotional energy into can be a magickal act; therefore, there are no hard and fast rules for this. He actually goes as far to imply that thelema is bullshit and you should make your own brand of it.
>>
>>19268146
>>19268180
Thanks, ill look into it
>>
Are YOU real? What does real mean...

Witness.
>>
>>19268021
It's not "actually real," but it's real the same way placebo is.
>>
so where would one go to actually learn magick parctices? as in learn to do it on command/control it somewhat
>>
>>19268021
Yes. I have experimented in it a bit, but I stopped because I realised that I was playing god.
>>
>>19270311
playing god is the word
checked also

but if you want to continue to play god what happens is you get integrated into god's process and become part of god

he may consult with you before a thunderstorm but you may have to consult with him before you take a shit

if you go down this road, it's like being a young japanese executive employed in the kingdom of heaven

there are highs, there are lows. you may be invited to some true debauchery that doesn't hurt anyone and feels really good, and drink that raw sweet nectar of straight pleasure from the lotus of god's hand.

but then, maybe you fuck up a major assignment you didn't even know you could fuck up because you dont know the rules of this game.

then as par for the course, as a simple spiritual executive, you simply get sent to Hell. you lose your divine vision, become existential and solipsistic, and plummet in terror. that is when you split off and start your own startup divinity which eventually gets bought out by the big guy leaving you with a nice sum of money and a rare reputation.

this is the god game. anyone can play any game if you have the balls. if you want to play in the big sandbox you better have a big set. you want to be able to look at your life and think that there's no crazier motherfucker. the other day I was thinking of sticking a screwdriver in my ear, but Shiva told me not to.
>>
>>19270189
Try

http://bluefluke.deviantart.com/gallery/52627976/THE-PSYCHONAUT-FIELD-MANUAL

Or read Liber Null. Have fun.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.