[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, here's the story of one of the weirdest / unnerving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: kookaburra-dandenong-ranges.jpg (311KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
kookaburra-dandenong-ranges.jpg
311KB, 1024x683px
Hey /x/, here's the story of one of the weirdest / unnerving things that ever happened to me, when I was 17 years old.

>be ausfag
>staying at a friend's house, gaming, pulling an all-nighter
>it's around 2:00am and we ran out of cigarettes
>gas station is about 2k's away, so we set off
>we take the same path we always do
>this path cuts us through the neighbouring heritage bushland, and crosses us over a bridge
>this bridge stretches over a small creek / swamp, and is surrounded by trees in dense bushland
>it's absolutely pitch black and silent
>we always aptly referred to it as the 'scary bridge', as even during the day it's dark, silent and eery
>we cross scary bridge, continue on our way to the gas station, everything goes as planned
>get our smokes and begin to walk back, all is well
>we get to the scary bridge and notice something resting on the post at the entrance of the bridge
>cont.
>>
>>19266887
>we ran out of cigarettes

Stopped reading there

Smokers are jokers
>>
>>19266887
>be ausfag
8spoopy16me
2 scared to continue
>>
File: kookaburra.jpg (136KB, 980x788px) Image search: [Google]
kookaburra.jpg
136KB, 980x788px
>>19266887
>it's a kookooburra, just chillen there
>we're interested, say 'hey buddy!' and approach the kookooburra, expecting it to fly away
>it doesn't, it just sits there staring at us
>we get closer and stand an arms length from it, as it just stares
>I wave my hands to see if it flinches, it doesn't even move
>I want to try and touch it but get the feeling that it's best not to
>strange, we marveled at the ballsy kookooburra, and after a few minutes commenced our trek across scary bridge
>half way across I look back, and the kookooburra is still sitting there, staring at us silently
>we cross scary bridge and walk the pitch-black dark under trees so tall they cover the sky and block the moonlight
>you literally struggle to even see your legs
>my friend and I both notice flittering shadows above the trees, covering the entire sky
>we stop and look, and after a few seconds realise that it's a flock of what must be 200 to 300 birds silently gliding overhead
>we watch in the complete silence for a few seconds, and continue on our path
>we get to the beginning of a street, and as we approach the first street lamp we notice a kookooburra sitting on it, staring at us
>cont.
>>
File: 1497939640202.jpg (139KB, 654x794px) Image search: [Google]
1497939640202.jpg
139KB, 654x794px
>>19266901
i require resolve
>>
>>19266901
Fellow Aussiefag here, I can testify that's no ordinary kookaburra mate, that's some aboriginal spirit in bird form I reckon'
>>
>>19266901
pretype please
>>
File: streetlamp.png (547KB, 1259x943px) Image search: [Google]
streetlamp.png
547KB, 1259x943px
>>19266901
(pic related, it's completely reminiscent of the lamp, the grass bordering the bushland, and the pitch black night)
>we both remark at the coincidence, and how it's weird that the kookooburras are so active and particularly courageous tonight
>as we approach the next street light on the road, another fucking kookooburra glides in from the bush and lands on it
>it sits there, and stares at us
>we look at each other and say what the fuck?
>we look back at the first street lamp, and that kookooburra is still sitting on it staring at us
>laugh, but a little uneasy
>as we continue up the road, we approach the third street lamp
>ANOTHER FUCKING KOOKOOBURRA GLIDES IN AND LANDS ON IT
>it sits there, staring at us
>we both audibly announce how fucked and strange it is, and try to shoo the kookooburras away by throwing some small pebbles at the closest one
>doesn't flinch, the three kookooburras continue staring at us
>I say 'fuck it, let's keep on'
>as we're walking, we discuss what unusual behaviour it is. I've been in the bush my whole life and never seen kookooburras act like that.
>as we cross the street around 100 metres from home, a thought pops into my head
>I imagine as we're walking, a dog strides up beside us and trots in front of us
>as it's about 3 metres in front of us, it launches into a phenomenal sprint
>it completely sails at 100kp/h straight up the road, over the hill and out of sight
>that thought freaked me out, and I asked my friend what he would do if that were to happen
>he says he'd shit his pants
>this is where it gets real fucked
>cont.
>>
>>19266912
I dunno mate, there's a mob that sit on my back fence and don't give a shit about humans. Where do you live, OP ?
>>
Mate you shoulda left the kookaburra ya pack of durees or what ever you got, that spirit wants a smoke badly..
>>
File: street.png (2MB, 1393x917px) Image search: [Google]
street.png
2MB, 1393x917px
>>19266950
Yeah my friend who lives in the city has a few who he feeds every morning, and they all gather round at dawn.

But this is remote WA. I've never seen more than one kookooburra within a square kilometre of another, unless they're mating or fighting. And in this region, I've never seen them just chilling so calmly with people closer than 20 metres from them.

>>19266941
>we both have horrible, horrible vibes
>really feel uneasy, and I tell him that the only other time I've felt like this was when another friend and I got chased by this car at night after we accidentally discovered a meth lab in the bush (that's another whole story right there)
>he says he literally wants to jog the remaining 50 metres home
>I tell him to chill and just walk
>he's so uneasy that he starts jogging anyway, says he'll quietly unlock the front doors so we don't disturb his family when coming back inside
>I say fine, let him jog home
>just before he starts jogging, I notice a distinct noise
>I instantly recognise it as the sound of a dogs claws scraping on tarmac
>it's the exact same noise my dog makes when he's walking on the road after I've worn him out with a big run
>I shoot my head around and look behind me where the noise is, there's nothing there
>I still hear it, and it's close - as in no more than 5 to 10 metres close
>I'm desperately trying to look for whatever dog is following us (in my mind I'm thinking 'fuck, someone's left their pitbull out and the cunt is going to attack us') but I can see nothing
>the pattering and scraping of claws gets closer, I get increasingly freaked out
>start jogging home, too
>I get to my friend's driveway and slow my pace so I don't wake up his family
>he opens the door and pushes it in, standing aside so I can walk through
>he turns to me to beckon me in, and his face completely drops
>he's an easy-going, chill kind of guy who never stresses
>but the moment I saw his face, my stomach dropped
>I've never seen him with such panic
>cont.
>>
>>19266992
CLIFFHANGERZ

Atmosphere ruined.
>>
File: night.png (82KB, 1088x611px) Image search: [Google]
night.png
82KB, 1088x611px
>>19266992
>he says 'ANONGETTHEFUCKINSIDE'
>I didn't even bother looking behind me, I just ran
>he slams the door, his dogs go absolutely wild
>he says (yelling, even though we'd tried to be completely quiet as it's now like 3:00am) 'IT WAS SO FUCKING CLOSE TO YOU MAN WHAT THE FUCK WHY DIDN'T YOU RUN'
>I asked him what the fuck he was talking about, and what was behind me
>he explains that he saw a MASSIVE, black dog
>his words were 'the biggest fuck-off huge dog I've ever seen'
>he's literally angry at me for not noticing, can't believe I let that 'fucking monster' get so close
>literally says it was an arm's reach away from me, trailing behind me down the driveway
>I never saw or noticed a thing
>I told him he was a fucking liar and asked him to describe it
>he said it was just a 'huge, fuck-off black dog with its ears pointed, and it was coming for me'
>I asked how tall, and he indicated that it's head was like my chest height
>I told him that's fucking impossible and he was yelling loudly saying that was exactly his point, he couldn't understand how I couldn't notice such a huge fucking animal coming towards me
>I made him swear on his mother, his sister and his grandmother's lives he wasn't lying
>he emphatically did
>I made him swear on his grandfather's grave he wasn't lying
>he did, emphatically
>years later (now) I recounted the story to my girlfriend
>she was skeptical, so I called my friend and asked him what he remembered 'about that fucked up night with the kookooburra's and the-'
>he interrupts and says 'and the big fuck-off dog that you let get so fuckin close to you?'
>he recounted the entire story word-for-word, completely mirroring mine
>girlfriend now convinced we picked up some bad shit through the bushes

I have no idea what it was. Nothing bad happened before / since. Not sure if paranormal, or just some crazy nature shit. Part of me thinks that we perhaps somehow trekked through some old aboriginal land or something like that. Thoughts?
>>
This story sucks and shouldn't of been more than 2 posts long
>>
>>19267015
Bush spirit, you mighta stepped on something with out knowing and the land got mad summoned a spirit dog, ya mate sounds like his more connected to the land than you, like I said shoulda left some smokes and said sorry, throwin the stones at the kookaburra also prolly didn't help..
>>
Bit long for 4chan but I like details. Sounds like some sort of loose demon giving you the willies because you decided walking through its land for smokes was all that.

Basically, demons get bored/fed up with "Hell" (we'll stick with generic terminology) and make a great escape, just to live the high life in the boonies somewhere.

I say "willies," but it's more than that. Those things drive men crazy if they let them. Don't seek it out again. Younger me would've asked whereabouts you saw it exactly (like streets, towns,) but no more for me.
>>
>>19267015
I remember, i mean, I know what this is
Here where I live the cowboys call it the wild dog. I've never seen it myself but it's a really fucking big dog, some people says it's black, that walks around the woods at night.
I don't know what it does or doesn't do and I can't find anything on Google about it, but that sounds exactly like what a.friends father told me about how when he was younger his horse suddenly stopped on his paces. It was night and the road was dark, he tried to make his horse cooperate but couldn't and suddenly.he saw it, a big fucking dog, really, really big just walks out of the trees at the side of the road. He crosses the road whitout even noticing him and disappears between the trees.
>>
>>19267114
OP here; thanks for this. Doing some googling / research now to check it out.
>>
QLD anon here. Similar experience I've had on suburban streets. Except in my case it was like this weird fluffy goat thing in the dead of night standing under a tree. It was gigantic, and had the body of a goat but was way fuckin bigger. Scared me stiff as I was walking home and I kept walking didn't look back once.
>>
File: 1472350709756.jpg (107KB, 1015x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472350709756.jpg
107KB, 1015x720px
bumpin cunts, this is intriguing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.