[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with Seth? He was the third son of Adam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: seth.jpg (250KB, 1200x1488px) Image search: [Google]
seth.jpg
250KB, 1200x1488px
What's the deal with Seth?

He was the third son of Adam and Eve, his name means "appointed" because he was born after Abel was murdered. All of humanity today stems from him today. Not much about him is said in the Bible or in apocryphal scripture.

However, certain sects of Gnosticism are obsessed with him, claiming he received some sort of secret knowledge. Where did this idea come from?

To further complicate things, the Egyptian god of evil is also named Seth, which is at times shortened to "Set." What's the connection, if there is any?
>>
>>19266106
and "Ted" rhymes with "Dead". Is he trying to tell us something?
>>
>>19266264
And Jim rhymes tim and Kim
Wich rhymes with Grimm
What shall they do with a party of three
They should go and climb a tree
Oh noes
>>
it only echoes that mythical disobedient of man.

What did the fruit of knowledge contain, really?
>>
>>19266106
>All of humanity today stems from him today.
The bible isn't real
>>
>>19266304
Study more.
>>
>>19266106
Adam and eve had like 55 kids.

Check out pre adamite on wiki
>>
>>19266411
Study what? A book written by goat fuckers who didn't know where the sun went at night? What's it like being an adult who still believes in fairy tales?
>>
>>19266583
Like the man said, study more you ignorant child.
>>
>>19266592
What is there to study ?

A self contradictory piece of fiction.
>>
>>19266592
I'm actually a historian who specializes in ancient history. In college my thesis was about the rise of Christianity in pagan Rome, and how it was unknowingly perpetuated by the emperor Nero. But yeah, sure. I need to go study because I'm soooooo "ignorant". Nothing like being called names by an adult who believes in talking snakes and donkeys. Fucking adorable. Thanks for the laugh, anon, I enjoyed it.
>>
>>19266641
I'm sure the little fedora tipping atheist is just some 16 year old with no concept of any thing
>>
>>19266304

Go to /b/
>>
>>19266648
Far from the truth, anon. But I'll tell you what is true; you being triggered after I made fun of your invisible friend. Lol
>>
>>19266304
*Rolls behind you*
Pfft, nothing paranormal, kid.
*Tips fedora*
>>
>>19266641
>unknowingly perpetrated
Cool, I guess all those christfags they threw into the Colosseum for promoting a religion that the state feared would usurp them, must have been totally made up by literally no one.
>>
>>19266106
>Where did this idea come from?
Read the Revelation of Adam
>>
>>19266711
At that time, Rome wasn't worried that Christianity would usurp it. Actually, it never usurped it. Usurp means to take illegally or by force. Christianity spread very peacefully in its early days, and didn't have a major effect on how the government operated. Basically, Rome just swapped one religion for another. "New boss, same as the old boss", kind of thing. In general, your comment was pretty dumb. But it was a great example of how little you really know.
>>
>>19266454
this is common knowledge

but the line of humanity stems from Seth
>>
>>19267628
Proof besides 'bible'?
>>
Man this thread has bunch of niggers. Sorry op.
>>
>>19267628
Wait, so what were her other kids? Like bigfoots and shit?
>>
>>19267628
but who was the mommy?
>>
>>19267764
Humans.

Adam and eve were sent here to upstepping the human race to be closer to God's intended form.

We are still on the evolutionary path; we, humans on earth, are the lowest of the free will creatures
>>
>>19266706
Best post of 2017
>>
>>19267778
One of Seth's sisters, a daughter of Adam and Eve

>>19267756
This thread is based on the biblical idea of seth, if you don't like it find another thread man

>>19267764
Nope they we just regular people. Where'd you get that idea?
>>
>>19267758
it's okay, it was expected

this is /x/ after all
>>
>>19268103
It is based on the biblical Seth. You're correct, little fella. Very good. However, since this is /x/, I can also ask questions, point out fallacies, and overall be skeptical. Deal with it.
>>
>>19268265
Why go into a thread if you don't want to discuss the topic
>>
PEETAH WE'RE IN THE BIBLE
>>
>>19266106
Seth is an egyptian god.
>>
>>19269408
read the whole OP next time
>>
>>19267764
The Bible already has a Bigfoot creature in the form of Esau
>>
When you reverse peter griffins farts they all say "Repent for your sins,then you shall enter Gods kingdom"
>>
>>19266106
There probably is no connection. Also, mankind is not literally related to the children of Adam and Eve. They are mythical figures. It is like saying that people are related to Odin.
>>
>>19266106
We descend from Cain as well
>>
File: 1495455325225.png (280KB, 646x595px) Image search: [Google]
1495455325225.png
280KB, 646x595px
>>19266264
>Ted
>Ted Talks
>Dead Talks
F-fugg whats going on guys?
>>
>>19266648
Not him but way to make all Christians look shitty. Fuck off
>>
>>19266641
>actually a historian
sure bro, Im a tomb raider
>>
>>19266304
then gtfo from this thread nigger
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.