[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get why people get anxious/depressed by the thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: nietzsche.jpg (20KB, 301x232px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche.jpg
20KB, 301x232px
I don't get why people get anxious/depressed by the thought of nihilism. Life serves no purpose but the purpose you give it. There is no God, just nothingness leading to inevitable death and nothing after that. You will be forgotten forever over time.

This philosophy makes me feel relaxed. There is nothing you should do, nothing to achieve. Your life is just one of billions and billions in a unending galaxy that doesn't care.
>>
Nihilism is ironic
>>
>>19263881
why?
>>
>>19263808
I actually find it very comforting.
>>
>>19263808
nihilism is retarded because its like a thought stopped half way. yes all the meaning that is in the world is self made by men. The point is to ask yourself how much do i care for myself, what else do i care about and what kind of game i want to play in this life, and then just go do it, and not just whine that there are no orders from above.
>>
I agree to a certain degree, but its just faggots use nihilism all the time in an edgy way.
What really grinds my gears the most is when these fucking cunts think Nietzsche was a nihilist which is an extreme misrepresentation of what Nietzsche actually was as a man.
Looking at you, OP.
>>
>>19263808
Absent a manifestation, your choices are a faceless uncaring universe or a faceless needy universe that can't just accept that you don't feel the same way about it.

Way more comforting if it doesn't care.
>>
>>19263808
>muh nihilism
>posts a photo and quote from Nietzsche
Nietzsche philosophy and thinking was to overcome nihilism.
Bet the poor bastard would be rolling in his grave if he saw the amount of kids using his philosophy as an excuse for being loathsome human beings.
>>
It's not the meaningless that bothers me, it's the suffering
>>
It's less those people who misunderstand what Nihilism is than it is yourself.
Nietzsche was not a nihilist. It was a term he used with disdain. He argued that religion itself was often nihilistic. It denies the value of the world, denies life itself. The Christians denounce life as a prison sentence, as if this cannot possibly be their true lot in the universe, and their just deserts are on the way. The Buddhists insist that this world is merely a dream, trivial in the grand scheme of the universe, that their very existence as humans is an illusion.

Nietzsche rejected both attitudes. He wanted people to affirm life and take control of it, master the chaos around them. You have a purpose. It's making the world your bitch.
>>
>>19264541
Take it all in. If there were no cloudy days, you wouldnt even notice the sunny ones. When you suffer just think of it as of swinging a pendulum. This side may not be too fun, but because of it your pendulum has the energy to get to the other. Think where drive and willpower comes from
>>
Nihilism is basically cutting off your nose in spite your face.

I get the general impression that the modern version of, which is taken out of the philosophical context of its period, nihilism is just the means for uninspired people to not try to make a difference within there selves.

I feel that, as I once was in it, that nihilism is just a intellectual trap to make one to "give up".
>>
>>19263808
nihilism is a defeatist attitude Catholics and other dogmatic individuals dislike because they think in victorious or defeatist ways like the nihilists.

truly understanding the world requires a philosophy built around the world's processes, not purely philosophical trains of thought
>>
Why is this in /x/, other than a possible troll?
>>
>>19264584
Not talking about having shitty days, I'm talking about extreme and obscene human suffering - starvation, torture, genocide. To describe it as a pendulum is dishonest, life is total suffering interspersed with brief and illusory moments of happiness.
>>
>>19265270
Not OP, that's why I like it, I can waste my life on vidya and not feel bad.
>>
>>19263808
Nihilism says life serves no purpose, and that purpose can't be ascribed to it due to its uncaring nature.
I'm pretty sure you're thinking absurdism or someone told you wrong.Other than that, I feel ya. Very comforting.
>>
>>19263808
The fool says in his heart, "there is no God."
>>
>>19263808
Yeah but I really really want to know why we are here and how
>>
>>19263808
Nietzsche's nihilism isn't the best philosopher to read regarding making your own meaning.

One really should read Albert Camus and his "The Myth of Sisyphus"
>>
>>19264584
This is ignorant nonsense. Negative experiences degrade positive ones. Suffering saps drive and willpower. Have you ever actually suffered, or are you some rich idiot babbling about philosophy from sheer ennui?
>>
>>19263958
Because there's no point in it.
>>
Stupid quoting Nietzsche, OP.

Try Emil Cioran. He was a real nihilist.
>>
"It is not worth the bother of killing yourself, since you always kill yourself too late." -Cioran
>>
>>19268518
>>19270625
>>19270632
based camus
based cioran
>>
Jdjqiebrh9220eidhsbwpe9f0ej3fidjroeoror0wo2krie0w. Roeprjf dkx. ÷£#¥÷;39#&÷; jdkwoejdb
>>
File: faggot identified.gif (126KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
faggot identified.gif
126KB, 720x480px
>>19263808
>Talks about nihilism
>Pic about Nietzsche
>>
>>19264502
yes. nihilism itself is a thought-virus and it can fuck people up big time
>>
>>19265287
not him, but yeah it depends how sheltered you are, or how sheltered you choose to be at least.
>>
>>19268058
nihilism and existentialism mean the same thing when you're in high school
>>
>>19269506
btfo
>>
File: 1481205051905.jpg (31KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481205051905.jpg
31KB, 682x600px
>>19263808
>says there is no god
>thinks his opinion is it all relevant

atheists are hilarious.
>>
>>19271804
peepposting
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.