[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fasting isn't about hurting yourself and sacrifice. Almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 1499005791771.jpg (114KB, 625x505px) Image search: [Google]
1499005791771.jpg
114KB, 625x505px
Fasting isn't about hurting yourself and sacrifice.

Almost all of your organs total or partial function are related to the digestive system which uses a LOT of energy, because most of the times in the (distant) past we were on the verge of dying most of the time and we needed to evolve to be predators and hunt animals, hunger was a normal state of being but now you have enough food secured to spent some time without eating and not dying, just enough.

Fasting is about controlling your primitive state of being because you have secured the future. I mean think about the amount of organs needed to digest something.

Now think, other than being "surviving" what other thing is the body programmed to do? by surviving I mean being hungry and digesting food, what does the body is able to do when being in total control of the body when you only organs working are the most essential? what is the brain capable to do? why people seem to perceive more when fasting? why do we only think about fasting as sacrifice to God when you actually would seem capable of enhancing brain power?

Maybe its because I just fastened and feel really good about it

And im very high.
>>
>666

wow really?
>>
>>19262666
Your body switches to fueling your brain with ketones when you are fasting. This process is known as ketosis. Supposedly you become smarter when starved as a sort of evolutionary adaptation, as your brain runs more efficiently on ketones. The fitness community has a lot of good info on long term fasting, and if you are healthy it can be a very good thing for you to do, as it forces your body to kill off shitty old cells, and burns through a lot of the toxins in your cells.
>>
File: Untitled.png (129KB, 339x471px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
129KB, 339x471px
>>19262666
OP is correct, fasting is amazing and has so many benefits but it's been so demonized and everyone thinks it's harmful to the body. You can go a couple months without food (everyone is different though). If you want to go on a long fast, the rule is to fast until your natural hunger returns, after that is when it is considered starving yourself. After the first few days the digestive system shuts down and hunger starts to diminish, allowing the body to work properly and heal. During a long fast, the entire body is detoxified and fully regenerates. Not to mention the effects on the brain.

read Hereward Carrington's fasting studies for more info (pic related)
>>
File: Untitled 2.png (77KB, 314x316px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 2.png
77KB, 314x316px
>>19263056
>>
>>19262701
yes ''really''
>>
>>19263075
sorry, those are two single apostrophes' on each side, NOT quotation marks. The point was to italicize the words, idk why I thought that would work, but I googled something random and hardly read it.
>>
Good for you man fasting is definitely a good thing to do and I like your thought process on the whole thing. Inspires me to fast again. Fasting paired with not masturbating is actually even greater an effect on the body of you want to go even further. Or you can even go the other way and eat all the junk food you want for an extended period of time as I've found it also strengthens the mind to eat good tasting food on a regular v basis. Think about It, everyone is always afraid to eat good cause then they'll get fat but what if you just went for it and ate all the food you wanted? isn't that something that people have dreamed about even in the old days as well: having enough food to feast everyday? Now you can get a pretty decent burger anywhere you want. I'm not trying to break your fast or anything I'm just saying maybe in the future out would be a good idea to try just eating any good food you can get your hands on
>>
>>19263056
>>19263059
thanks for the info, will read further on Carrington's studies

>>19262933
i will ask /fit/ about this, seems interesting

>>19263094
go for it man, im working out a lot, fasting (cautiously because im getting started in this and i dont want to faint in the gym) and i should stop masturbating just to see where it takes me
>>
Mexican intellectual I am looking for a place to hang out in mexico....maybe be a teacher?

...want to kick it?

No nos dejes caer en tentación, y líbranos del mal. <3
>>
>>19263465
teach what? english?

you can come to monterrey, there are a lot of schools where you could get a job easily if you have your degrees with you

cute girls, predominant Catholicism, wages are good for a mexican city and we have a lot of woods and spoopy places and montains everywhere
>>
>>19262666
In case anyone is interested in fasting, I have heard that aerobic exercise and trying to expend energy is paradoxically better than staying still and trying to conserve energy when fasting. If you do such a thing, you will feel your hunger more keenly since it takes longer for your body to kick into using your reserve energy. If you do exercise, however, and move around as much as possible, your body will tap into its reserve energy and you will paradoxically feel less hungry.

tl;dr don't sit around doing nothing while fasting, you'll be painfully hungry, bored, and depressed
>>
>>19263384
yea i think ill do it. ive fasted before but i want to do it again. It really makes you feel good
>>
>>19263094
quitting masturbation was the best thing I ever did, you feel like a god after about 2 weeks. but nah man I'm not tempted by junk food or meat anymore. going vegan was another thing that helped me a lot. I was a picky eater before, but after fasting a few times and going vegan, organic foods just start tasting so much better and most processed foods just taste disgusting to me now

>>19263554
thanks, will try this. regular exercise is the one area I'm slacking in
>>
>>19262666
If you think I listen to a >666 thread you're wong. Begone demon!
>>
File: 1498849768877.png (23KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1498849768877.png
23KB, 240x240px
I really want to start a dry/water fast. Any ways of starting or easing into one? I think I know enough about breaking a fast tho.
>>
>>19262933
I've been pretty poor the past two weeks and only eating once MAYBE twice a day, smallish not filling meals, I notice if I went into work starving of hunger I became more motivated, quickly learned new job aspects and had more energy.
>>
>>19262666
Read fasting as farting. Thanks OP. Very silly post if you change it
>>
File: 1485754322153.gif (805KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1485754322153.gif
805KB, 160x120px
>>19262666
>Farting isnt about hurting yourself and sacrifice
luled and quit reading
>>
File: 1484541363550.jpg (127KB, 1200x856px) Image search: [Google]
1484541363550.jpg
127KB, 1200x856px
>>19265258
>hivemind
>>
Try avoiding all starches, those are annoying to digest. Fish and fruits are fine. Also not eating all the time obviously but every 3-4 hours is good and even necessart when you have high metabolism or you'll trigger stress.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.