[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the meaning of life? Everything seems so hollow and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

What is the meaning of life?

Everything seems so hollow and pointless.

Is there something I'm not able to see?
>>
Joy. What gives you passion and joy in life, OP?
>>
>>19262238
Your life or life itself?
>>
>>19262239
I think finding that is my real will, I thinkg about passion and joy as a road, not an end.

>>19262243
Life itself.

I can enjoy the usual things, but overall, I find everything pretty dull.

It should have a higher way to enlightment.
>>
>>19262246
i am guessing you are a male aged 18-26

and spends most of his time online or on a computer

would I be correct?
>>
>>19262288
Wow Nostradamus over here with that guess. Not like that isn't over half this site
>>
>>19262238
The meaning of Life
Life is the Road we're on.
We move on it endlessly until the end comes for us.
It is only hollow and pointless because our mind is poisoned with despair and depression.
I know well that feeling, the desolation and emptiness that comes from feeling like life just has no meaning.
It is horrible. It blinds you to things you could have seen if you were more sound of mind.
All I can say is that the Journey is full of highs and lows, but... it gets better and while the Meaning hasn't come yet to me.
I find the Journey more worthwhile than the destination.
>>
I just like to live giving to the world what I seek as well a a living to experience things. We have the ability to smell a rose and really think about it and why it smells that way. We can look at nature and life in ways most everything else on this planet can't. I live just being able to feel a nice breeze on summer day. It's what gets me through the day.
>>
Love.
>>
>>19262299

This is the best answer you can hope for.
>>
>>19262238
Money. Whoever has the most wins.
>>
>>19262238
This is none other than the one that you yourself ascribe to it.
>>
>>19262288
You only got the male part right.
>>
>>19262292
so based on this reply I assume you are sketical of everything.
learning to question the foundations of your existance.

You are disillusioned with life because hedonism and escapism into video games, and drugs, and animus only gives you a temporary relief from existential dread.

you have wasted away alone neglecting the social aspects for fear of disempowerment and failure.

you keep everything at a distance but when you are so far away from everyhting it seems like there is little meaning to it. like the daily lives of ants to an 8 year old with a magnifying glass.

You wish life had an easily apprenhendable purposed becuase then it would be so easy to continue on knowing for certain that this is what you are supposed to do.

but if you really want to know the meaning of life without taking that journey.
I will tell you, and it will make you more misable for it.

but life's purpose is too complex and multifaceted to generalize it and say life purpose is to question, to love, to understand, to die etc etc etc

lifes purpose cannot be expressed in words, don't expect an answer you can understand linguistically.

lifes purpose can only be expressed in terms of emotion that all of the paintings and pictures and literature can only tangentially fly by.

be well and enjoy the ride
>>
>>19262238
Dude, get a girlfriend and stop posting this bullshit on /x/
>>
File: FB_IMG_1498482673282.jpg (31KB, 700x769px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498482673282.jpg
31KB, 700x769px
>>19262238
42. You should seek the question. Not the answer.
>>
>>19262238
Everything you're seeing is an illusion, rise above the illusion, realize it's time to start spreading as much love as possible. Create as many love ripples as possible for those that can't see past the facade. If you believe life is hollow, that's because the things that bring people happiness like money are dull, and anything you buy with that money has happiness that wears off as quickly as a new pair of pants
>>
>>19262238

You mistake meaning for purpose

WhAt is the meaning of rocks or atoms that make you up, the meaning of organs, of skin

What you just asked is pseudo intellectual bullshit comminly heard from people who like to hear themselves talk/sound smart so maybe they can do something smart in their underacheiving lives and stop askig questions like this

The fact you only see your own well beimg and not the well being of others around you gives off a selfish impression, and tbe fact you only think about " muh lifes" as a WHOLE without even acknowledging the smaller parts needed to keep you alive indicates you have no introspection or interest to learn anything.

Watch this to get the ball rolling
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iJxgfRZV9n4
>>
The problem is everything that used to give a life meaning (spirituality, family, community, a sense of duty) has been stripped away and replaced with shallow consumerism and hedonism. I don't know if there's much any one of us can do, beyond trying to live right, and hoping others do the same.
>>
>>19262619

WHAT WE DO is study what the Greeks learned and debated about hedonism and learn about where hedonism originated (hint, Libya/Greek Cyrenaica is a huge location where hedonism was widespread and recorded by the Greek philosophers, and also had lots of cross culture pollonation with Indian under Ashoka)

We simply light candles in this darkness and keep doing what we do
>>
>>19262238
One day you will find the answer you are looking for, and it will be unsatisfying for you. Then you will realize the true nature of the self has always been an illusion and you are, in fact, one with everything.
Simply state "I surrender fully and completely to my highest divine self and infinite universal divine unconditional love" with conscious positive intent if you want a boost.
>>
>>19263008

so deep
>>
We are Avatars in this Matrix.

We have a Body, a Soul and a Spirit.

But the Goal is the Completion of the Great Work.

Our Adversary is the Demiurge. He wants to keep us like a Mortal Slave.

He is the Architect who traps us here with our Soul so were are reincarnated into a new body.

But we have the Divine Spark of Spirit that we can use to Illuminate the path.
>>
File: tumblr_mxngelxHGh1r0f1eho1_1280.jpg (63KB, 598x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxngelxHGh1r0f1eho1_1280.jpg
63KB, 598x960px
Dont let the "other mother" sew on the button eyes.
>>
>>19262238
>is there something I'm not supposed to see?

Yes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cnb8-i4HNP8
>>
The Beldam will trap you in her Matrix.
>>
>>19262238
Don't listen to the magnetic healers
Their unfiltered "positivity" will piss you off
The meaning of life is being surprised
and SEX
Everything is gray as fuck
The universe was just always here
Don't worry about it
Death and god are the illusions
Not life
It's a really shitty movie
>>
We exist only to find out why we exist.
>>
File: 1499402908495.gif (536KB, 480x348px) Image search: [Google]
1499402908495.gif
536KB, 480x348px
>>19262238
To make others around you and yourself feel as good as possible, to leave things better than they were, and to be a decent human being while we are here.
>>
>>19262238
the meaning of life is what you make of it nuff said greentext/tread.
>>
>>19263194
What a shitty existence.
>>
>>19262238
GNOSIS AND HITLER MOTHERFFUCKER
>>
You are a thinking machine that has been under development and reform since the birth of our common ancestor. Continuous generations offering more prosperous thought patterns and analytical expertise survived to create an almost perfected variety of man that has come to dominate the Earth with his advanced form of recognition and awareness about the world around him and how it works to suit itself and him.

Life has been under the radar of man's watchful eye for thousands of years, perhaps even longer than our own time. The basis for all of life's continuous operations, the meaning of life, has been under tense scrutiny and contemplation by scholars, philosophers, and even presocratic thinkers. Answers have likely been found but lost to the passage of time, either due to the destruction of knowledge or the apprehensiveness of the dark ages to all intellectual processes. As it stands, man is under the burden of having to come up with answers to his existence only to have them washed away by the sands of time or the torches of his fellow brethren.

The real meaning of life has been hidden for many years because of the continuous battle between man and his inappropriateness when considering fact. We are not allowed to have such information about the fundamental aspects of life because we simply aren't well equipped enough to deal with the weight of such facts.
>>
File: 1499482489868.gif (804KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
1499482489868.gif
804KB, 500x715px
>>19262238
>everything seems so hollow & pointless
That's where you are wrong kiddo
>>
You gotta give it meaning.
>>
>>19262353
are you talking to me? I'm not that faggot but it feels like you're talking to me holy shit
>>
>>19262238
To live love. Love is the meaning.
>>
>>19262238
The meaning of life to to procreate.
>>
>>19262246
Life is evolution/changing states. For the purpose of attaining perfection. I assume the end goal as far as our perspectives can see is Godhood.
>>
>>19262238
The meaning of life is to keep the never ending cycle of life to keep moving hence have kids
>>
>>19262238
It's all just a simulation anyway, so who gives a shit.
>>
>>19262342
>benis
>>
>>19263924
don't take it too personally, as all that is pretty universal to the human condition and applies to all of us
>>
>>19262238
>Jesus Christ is God.
>He died for all your sins on the cross.
>He was buried.
>He rose the third day.

Believe (trust) this and you're saved forever.

www.holytext.org/gospel

You will have this hole and "want" your entire life, until you get sealed by the Holy Spirit. Guaranteed, I know because that's what happened to me.

And if you do not believe me, that's fine. Simply pray to God.
>>
>>19262238
When you talk about "life", you are really talking about "your" life. I don't think you can help it.
That being said... your life is like your house, if it looks empty and boring it's because you didn't do anything to make it look any different.
Or did you think that someone else was supposed to?
>>
There is no meaning to life anon. Give it meaning, give it a little excitement and do your best to believe in it.
>>
File: X.png (973KB, 1328x796px) Image search: [Google]
X.png
973KB, 1328x796px
>>19262238
Enjoyment

You're doing it wrong.

Meditate good.
>>
>>19262238
To paraphrase Solomon from the book of Ecclesiastes:

The sole duty of man is to fear God and keep His commandments.
>>
>>19262238
You create the meaning. If it seems hollow and pointless, it's because you're hollow and pointless. Work from the inside out, Op... Don't think, feel.
>>
If you can't find one, either make one or get over it.

I'm sort of just coasting now, but stuff tends to just sort of work out so I'm pretty content I guess.
>>
>>19262238
No, sorry. There's nothing. The universe doesn't give a fuck about us. We're an accident, and there's no comfort for any of us until death. Does that make you feel better?
>>
>>19268023
i mean yeah, i think he got it
those better be turkey feathers though
>>
File: behappypls.png (164KB, 239x329px) Image search: [Google]
behappypls.png
164KB, 239x329px
>>19262238
dude.
you need to read a shit ton, listen to podcasts, find the tug from something, whether it be a woman or a vine
>>
>>19263324
Thanks man
>>
>>19262238
>>
File: Q0K.jpg (59KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Q0K.jpg
59KB, 480x480px
>>19262238

Your reality reflects who you are. If it seems hollow and pointless, then it is because you are hollow and pointless. If you wish reality to be more, then you must be more. Ride the tiger.
>>
>>19263324
This.
>>
>>19262238
Listen to some Alan Watts.
Shit always brings my mood up when I feel hollow inside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCs0qP39djk
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.