[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /x/ I need help finding a real life babadook. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: baba.jpg (2MB, 2592x1458px) Image search: [Google]
baba.jpg
2MB, 2592x1458px
Okay /x/ I need help finding a real life babadook.

I don't know how to greentext.

Be me.
Be seven or eight.
Be at Public Library.
Remember really f***** up book for children.
Had text and pictures. Pictures very much nightmare fuel.
Theme of book consists of getting over childhood fears by recognising that they are irrational.

Striking image of this thing in my head. I can still picture it today. It looks vaguely feminine and has long claws on its hands and it's scraping at the window. Shown to be just tree branches.

Please help me /x/
I need to know what this babadook is called.
>>
>>19246184
>I need help finding a real life babadook
Well you're gonna have an issue here because the thing is, and this is a little surprising I'll admit, but bear with me: movies aren't real
>>
>>19246194
He meant that he thought he saw a Babadook-esque figure in a book and he wants to know if someone remembers the book he means.

I myself don't know what OP is speaking of.
>>
>greentext is this button (>)
also bump
>>
The book is probably "Scary stories to tell in the dark", or one of it's two sequels.
>>
>>19246184
Did the word 'babadook' get recycled into a new meaning based on a movie?

I might have missed a meme: the word babadook is an anagram for 'a bad book'.

I have dealt with bad books. When I was a child, there were two types: one would give you a persistent psychological discomfort; and the other would seem to affect your physical surroundings. Either case seems to have been due to printing methods based on on homespun bionanotechnology.

I label the first type as a 'cognitive psychomimetic', and the second type as 'non-linear catalytic'. The effects are most likely synthesized by combining peptides in oil with microcarbon in ink.

>>19246336
>>
>>19246454
Yo man, I'd call you insane but this is somehow interesting
>>
>>19246454
Just like the bad book in the movie
>>
Do you mean the "From the Black Lagoon" series? If so, you are a major pussy, those books weren't nearly as bad as Scary Stories Tell in the Dark.
>>
>>19246184
>censoring words on 4ch
>>
Fucking newfags I swear.
>>
>>19246488
You must have a neurosis surrounding the word
insane', because I phrased my observations in the subjective case; and it is normal for children to have active imaginations.
>>
>>19246194
>reading comprehension
>>
>>19246184
I used to have this book. Another example of a fear illustrated in there is a monster, but when he turns the light on it's just a coat draped over a chair or something like that. This was a children's book.

I don't remember the title but I'm almost certain is was published and/or distributed by Discovery Toys. Mom sold products for them so we'd get a lot of books and small toys for free.

Maybe this can help narrow it down
>>
>>19246853
I think I remember that book too. Thought it sounded familiar when reading OP and your comment. I'm trying to remember more but can't. Could be false memories, or could be real. Memories from my childhood are always confusing because im never sure if the memories are real or not.
>>
>>19246454
Forgot to take our meds have we
>>
File: scarystories-wallpaper.jpg (100KB, 800x392px) Image search: [Google]
scarystories-wallpaper.jpg
100KB, 800x392px
Are you talking about the Scary Stories to tell in the dark series?
The stories were silly but the pictures were spooky as hell.
>>
>>19246853
>>19246184
i remember this book but i dont know what it was
>>
File: pobrane.jpg (7KB, 168x300px) Image search: [Google]
pobrane.jpg
7KB, 168x300px
>>19246184
>>
>>19246853
>there is a monster, but when he turns the light on it's just a coat draped over a chair
I remember this book, or a similar one but I don't know what it's called either. I don't remember whether there was actually a monster, all I remember is the part about turning on the light and it's just a coat draped on something.
>>
>>19248287
Shit I totally remember this. Bump.
>>
>>19246454
Go see your doctor, they need to up the dosage.
>>
>>19247518
I have no need for medication, but you apparently do so.

>>19248403
You should see your social worker, you are being misanthropic.
>>
>>19247697
OP here. I know for a fact it is not Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, seeing as I have all three volumes of those from those days with the original artwork (not the shitty reprint with artwork done by the illustrator who did the artwork for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events).

>>19246853
I can't remember much, but I definitely remember the window. Oh god the window. I want to say it was done in watercolors, but I can't remember exactly. There weren't memories of bright colors at least. Might be monochromatic.
>>
>>19246184
seek a priest
ask for jesus and protection
>>
>i don't know how to greentext
leave
>>
>>19246184
Lurk moar
>nightmare fuel
>can't greentext
Hey Reddit larp how may I help
>>
>>19246184
>I don't know how to greentext.
How can somebody be so stupid?
>>
>>19248187
funne maymay post it everywhere!!!!!!!! ill be cool!!!!!!!

chill somewhere else
>>
File: 1494014432070.jpg (107KB, 459x581px) Image search: [Google]
1494014432070.jpg
107KB, 459x581px
>>19246184
Holy Cow, as soon as you said it was just tree branches I remembered that book, haha! Wish I could remember what it was called
>>
Was it this book, by chance? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRgC1q2ro-c
>>
>>19250447
No, but the book I remember shares a very similar theme.
>>
If you don't mind me asking,why do you want to find it?
>>
>>19250763
It's just one of those inexplicable things. I want to know what I saw.
>>
>>19250752
Cool. I hope you find it.
>>
your just gonna think i'm larping but this actually did happen to me i was having a dream at prob 3 am and i distinctively remember a face that looked exactly like the babadook similar body as well rattled my 7yr old bones for a week
>>
>>19246184
The babadook is actually a hollywood-esque version of The Shadow. Look up shadow work, you'll find a great deal more about a 'real-life babadook'
>>
>>19246454
What would be put in the dyes? And would it eventually lose it's potency?
>>
>>19248562
>misanthropic

You're on 4ch. I don't know what you were expecting.
>>
>>19252492
Printer's ink have usually been composed of a mixture containing a: protein, a carbon, and an oil. The proteins would eventually denature with temperature, the carbon would oxidize with atmosphere, and the oil would become rancid over time.

Iron was a key buffer in those old recipes, and the sources were mostly like from stochastic nanoparticles. Thereby a superparamagnetic effect can be induced by the energy of breakdown for each component of the mixture. The oscillating magnetic field affects the nervous system of the reader and the ambient conditions of his or her surroundings.

A strong effect depends on the nanoparticles of iron being in phase with each other, essentially aligned by positive and negative ends to generate a potential. The electrochemical system loses potency when the breakdown processes leave all the iron out of phase.
>>
>>19246184
LGBT ruined the babadook. Can't take him seriously after seeing him all over gay social media and pride parades.
>>
>>19248613
Yeah I don't remember the illustrations all that much either. I really didn't read it very much but I definitely remember the scene you mentioned and the one I remember. It didn't have much of an impact on me which is strange because I was scared of almost everything.

Anyway, I just found out that Mom still has many of my old childhood books in her basement. I'll be over there in a few days and see if I can find it. Hopefully she still has it.
>>
>idk how to grern text

Literally type ">" and anything after it
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.