[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't have a fear of death as in dying instantly with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: DDF8A-sXUAAlMe6.jpg (29KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
DDF8A-sXUAAlMe6.jpg
29KB, 620x368px
I don't have a fear of death as in dying instantly with minimal pain, or a fear of being dead.

What i have is a fear of dying in a terrible, prolonged and painful way.

The only relief comes from the fact that the mathematical odds of me dying badly are quite low, assuming i refrain from swimming in shark infested waters or going for a stroll through a war zone.

There are however ways of dying badly that we have less control over, such as disease or just a dumb accident.

How does one accept the unpalatable fact that we have limited control and anything can and might happen to us including dying badly without resorting to religion/spirituality or just ignoring it altogether?
>>
I have same fear, it helps me knowing that when I do die, that's it. I won't have to deal with the after affects of what I've just endured
>>
>>19232307
The enduring it is the bad part though, not the after part. I don't want to endure it.

Knowing it might happen, or will happen is entirely unacceptable to me.

It's unacceptable, yet it exists and i can't deal with it.
>>
>>19232359
Enduring it ain't so bad. I have a VERY high tolerance to pain so it doesn't bother me that much. You just gotta stick it through if it happens
>>
>>19232375
So what you're saying is, deal with it?

It needs more analysis than that. Why are we all stuck in this terrifying situation with no solution?

Was it an accident?

Are we being punished?
>>
/thread
>>
>>19232421
>without resorting to religion/spirituality or just ignoring it

You're out of options. But to break the rules of your terms, no it's not an accident, and yes we're being punished.

Life in a sin corrupted world is suffering. That it became that way was no accident and humanity was directly involved in the process.

God offers the way out of this cycle of death through his son Jesus Christ. Your soul will not continue to suffer after death for reason of His mercy should you choose to accept it.

But your life here will remain troubled. Might even get worse. But the great lie that death is 'the end' is only that. Apart from Jesus Christ life after death get's worse than it ever was here in this life and it'll be without end. Your soul is eternal and God's judgement is absolute.

For those who find salvation in God by Jesus Christ, this life we live now is the closest to Hell we'll ever come.

For those who reject God's mercy and opt to face judgement in the next life, this life we live now will be the closest to Heaven that these will ever come to experience.
>>
>>19232525
Why was i made to exist to suffer in the first place?

Surely i couldn't have committed sin during the period before i existed?

What did i do, or rather how could i have done anything to be punished with coming into existence?
>>
>>19232551
You exist because humanity exists. Your parents copulated and you were the result. You were conceived and so you were. You couldn't do anything about it. Up until you reached awareness of right and wrong you were blameless in God's eyes.

Your position as a functioning adult with God is the opposite position Adam and Eve had. Having perfect harmony with God, they chose to follow the deceiver and lost paradise and the corruption of the universe followed.

You and I being born in the aftermath now have a choice of choosing to return to harmony with God by His grace and mercy to us in Jesus Christ or to remain in a state of sin and corruption.

They were born in paradise and lost it. As a consequence everyone after them was born in ruin, sin and suffering but is now being offered paradise.

God doesn't desire that any should perish in sin but to be reconciled to Himself by His son Jesus Christ.

Salvation isn't hard. It's just changing your mind. Agreeing with God and accepting His terms which is believe in the one He sent for you. Living doesn't get any easier here though and the process of maturing in faith is a lifelong one.
>>
>>19232259
You have a fear of suffering. That's completely normal, who the fuck wants to suffer?

How I deal with it is that I just say "fuck it". In the event that someone gut stabs me in a back alley and it takes me hours to bleed out with me laying there slowly feeling life fade; it's still temporary. Eventually I'll be dead and then it won't matter since I won't be around anymore to dwell on it.

So the answer is time.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.