[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian scientists working on the Mayak satellite - which is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Mayak satellite.jpg (29KB, 634x398px) Image search: [Google]
Mayak satellite.jpg
29KB, 634x398px
Russian scientists working on the Mayak satellite - which is set to be the brightest 'star' in the night sky - have announced that it is nearing completion.

Engineers have crowd-funded around $20,000 (£15,400), which is enough to build and test the satellite which is due to be launched in a fortnight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4654084/Russia-set-launch-brightest-star-night-sky.html

So, what are they trying to hide from us with this spooky pyramid?
>>
File: Science.jpg (61KB, 634x399px) Image search: [Google]
Science.jpg
61KB, 634x399px
They have a cow and pick up truck in this pic for no good reason. Anything going on in the Taurus constellation?

Also, Mayak means 'beacon'. Aliens abduct cows, don't they?
>>
>astronomers have slammed the creation, which is no larger than a rugby ball, calling it a 'nonsense' project that could 'ruin' dark skies for everyone

>so what if there's getting an absurd amount of junk in orbit threatening the life of satelites muh one object will be visible while it troes to clean up

Thank you astronomers for standing in the way of science and helping geo lock us here on earth.
>>
I'm so fucking mad holy shit

A bunch of shithead "le scientists" are sending a large piece of trash made out of mirrors that have the potential to ruin the night sky for literally everyone

And all "because we can LOL"

Fucking humans
>>
>>19228205
Is that a Twister reference? I don't get it.
>>
>The team is planning to place the spacecraft in a sun-synchronous orbit 370 miles (600km) above the ground

at least have it as close as the ISS so that it just whizzes from horizon to horizon.
I hope this shit burns at launch
>>
File: 1496673403023.jpg (661KB, 958x775px) Image search: [Google]
1496673403023.jpg
661KB, 958x775px
>>19228935
>tfw a federal aeronautics commission will only be developed after the need for it is over

>tfw those "meddling russians" will be the ones catching the shit
>>
>>19228981
To me it seems like a cold war era meme. It's to mock the Americans. They just send a pretty diamond to the sky to tease everyone. It's a fashion statement, a status symbol, that nobody would have thought of therefor they brag about it. It's pure dickwaving. Think about how difficult it is to launch anything at all for North Koreans and Russia just launches orbital jewelry for the blyat of it. It is a symbol of the current state of space exploration. The paradigm of it being a difficult scientific endeavor is being broken. Space is going to be commercialized. The next step is turning the orbital space into a highway. Lots of other objects to accommodate a sense of public space will follow if the debris is cleaned up. It's like a statue on a dirty medieval square.

Russia takes the first actual step of the next phase of space exploration. It really puts all the big talk and ambition from US entrepreneurs to shame until they actually do something.
>>
>>19229002
Even worse is that it's not even Russia doing the project

Just some geeky fucks with access to internet
>>
thats a fucking
>>
FUTURAMA
>>
>>19228138
come on even Skrillex's satellite actually told you what constellations were in your timezone and stuff. Does this thing have any functions?
>>
>>19229002
Except humanity is going to do absolutely none of that. The current products of our combined efforts are with our resources strained to the very max with the economy about to commit sudoku.

We are just doing dumb shit. The reason anyone besides morons do dumb shit is they get paid. The only reason people get paid is to cover something up/limit access to it to make other groups of people feel special.

Why oh why would the country least concerned with dick waggling in comparison to the cheeto in chief, with already strained and highly necessary military forces pour so much into an "apparent" boondoggle?

I have always wanted to use that word
>>
>>19229086
Eloquent as you are this satellite will be a painful reminder of what has come to spaceflight if it doesn't evolve anymore beyond this. It's a statement that begs for competition just for how silly it is. I see it as a comma, you see it as a period to end what would have become an awkward sentence. This chapter is not finished.
>>
>>19228138
Hopefully it fails. The money could have been better spent instead of some space vanity piece.
>>
$20000 seems awfully low. That's half of what a new vehicle costs off the lot.
>>
>>19229118
It doesn't take much to put together a few panels and give it to daddy russia to launch into orbit
>>
>>19229102
Oh itll go somewhere sure. Just not anywhere noble or productive
>>
Crowdfunded science will be the death of mankind

Mark my words
>>
>>19229193
Marked
>>
>>19229199
Thanks. Nice dubs
>>
>>19228138
Has anyone read anything about what the Hopi believe?

Seeing this is very, very interesting in that regard.
>>
>>19229250

>durr hurr some people believe something
>in thousands of years of human history, it happens

can't be a coincidence, right
>>
It's probably to intensify sunlight for central Russia during the winter. Most people (especially kids) have to sunbathe with a UV light, this due to the lack of sunlight and moonlight.

Just a rational guess if anything.
>>
>>19229258
If you've been privy to what they currently believe, and how they have acted with the modern world by such beliefs, you might recognize a fun connection.
>>
>>19229268
Well then explain their modern beliefs to us unknowing ones and stop being a sack of useless shit
>>
>>19229260
lol at pic
>>
R.I.P looking at the beautiful night sky
>>
>>19228138
That's the type of fireworks you celebrate with when you know you won the Cold War.
>>
>>19229260
i agree. this might be a way to reflect more light in areas that receive very little during the year. this might help with crop production but it could cause earlier warm spells.
>>
Tha looks dope as hell. You can make a small man made object that is brighter than the moon? sign me the fuck up.

>but muh muh black sky

Lol who cares you gay nerds
>>
>>19231073
It won't be weaponized at all. Russia.
>>
I think it is just a high altitude balloon, like the ISS people say they can see sometimes. This looks a lot bigger though, to be the third brightest object in the sky. Maybe they are launching it to signal the global reset?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.