[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it that /x/ believes so much in the Jewish God? Seriously,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

How is it that /x/ believes so much in the Jewish God?
Seriously, what makes his mythology superior to any other? Is it cause the Bible is full of pretty Metal stuff? Cause Nordic or Hindu Mythology are metal as fuck also.
>>
>mythology
Using that word makes you a slave to the ideology of the kike.
>>
>>19227979
>why does /x/ do x??
autism is always the answer
>>
>>19228007
I don't think God is /x/ related, seems pretty normie to me.
REEEEEEE
>>
>>19227984
explain
>>
>>19227979
Because it's the only tradition that /x/ accepts to hold the concept of an omnipotent person as the Absolute Truth.
>>
>>19228128
Not that anon, but mythology directly implies those aspects to be chalked-up fairy tales.

Why would a Nordic saga be mythology and not the Bible?
>>
>>19227979
Personally I'm an agnostic, but I dabble more with Germanic mythology than the imported sandgod as I feel it's closer to my own cultural hertitage.

Germanic/Norse mysticism is a niche, whereas Christianity is incredibly widespread. That fact that it's universal throughout most countries probably counts for the prevalence on /x/
>>
>>19228407
The Bible is mythology, but it is more. I consider mythology to be the stories of a tradition, theology to be the tradition's analysis of our consitutional position and purpose, and cosmology to be the hierarchy of realms/existences and personalities. All religious traditions will have one or more of these, but often is the case with older and superceded religions that the theology and cosmology is pushed out and all we're left with are the stories - the mythology.

We can glean a lot from the stories, but they aren't the same as laying out "This is who you are, this is where you are, this is what you should be doing." or "Here's all the places you can go, the shit you can get into, and the people you'll meet along the way."
>>
>>19228407
I wrote mythology for the Bible as well, read my post.
>>
File: OTcosmos.jpg (210KB, 1425x952px) Image search: [Google]
OTcosmos.jpg
210KB, 1425x952px
>>19228453
For example: the story of Job is Jewish mythology, the Ten Commandments is Jewish theology, and pic related is Jewish cosmology.
(Note: cosmology can be metaphorical, literal, or some mix of both. Religions are weird.)
>>
>>19228467
Interesting anon, please continue
>>
>>19227979
Well it seems that the influence of a True God outweighs the "comparative coolness" of fairy tales of dead cultures.
>>
>>19228480
what makes it a true god? because he's famous nowadays?
you think our culture won't be a dead one someday?
>>
>>19228477
I didn't have much more to say on it; just giving an idea of the differences in my connotative lexicon.

We don't have anything I'm aware of that regails the theology of Greek traditions, but their mythology is well known and offers a lot of insight into their view on pride, fate, and certain taboos.

Stories/mythology sticks in the head easier. It's easier to adapt to our own views and motives, less admonishing in the way theology is. Cosmology is often dropped first - especially if it purports eternality/unchangeability or worse ineffability (perfection).

Put simply, cosmology is abandoned first when it's considered "wrong." Theology is next - which we see as modern understandings of ethics and governance come into power. But mythology can stay for long after the other two have disappeared or altered to the point that they might as well be gone.
>>
>>19228490
For sure, my (american) culture will be dead, or fractured, or mutated into something else someday, but Christianity will persist, as it has through the deaths of so many cultures, languages, and empires.
>>
>>19227979
probably because jews, surprise though - aethiesm is also jews. I'm sure they still sniff glue behind closed doors but they run this shit.
>>
literally because they wrote it all down, that's it.
>>
Obligatory.
>>
Chrisitanity is pretty metal. All the abrahamic faiths are. What religion can you think of that has had some many murders committed in its name. The Crusades, the Jihad of the Arabs, terrorism, the Spanish Inquisition, colonialism, the protestant reformation. And Abraham's god condones all of this in his three part series the Torah, the Bible, and the Quran. I think that the abrahamic faiths are so sticky is because they masque true human nature with guilt and shame, so people can act virtuous and behind closed doors still act according to their nature. Pagan faiths , especially from Europe, seem to force people to face their true nature, and embrace it. That scares people, which is why pagan faiths are portrayed as barbarians. How many religions from the elder days can you recall used their beliefs to subjugate millions?
>>
File: christcuck.jpg (472KB, 1136x1499px) Image search: [Google]
christcuck.jpg
472KB, 1136x1499px
>>19228620
t.christcuck
pagans want europe to go back to paganism. that means germanics worshipping germanic gods, greeks worshipping greek gods, etc.
and there are non christian source that describe the gods

also

>implying paganism died out

kek

butthurt christcuck
>>
>>19227979
>How is it that /x/ believes so much in the Jewish God?
I think it's just a common thing in paranormal literature, so it comes up often. Also Christians are weird about the occult, so it's only natural that they'll shit up a board like this.
>Seriously, what makes his mythology superior to any other?
Not much, m8.
>Is it cause the Bible is full of pretty Metal stuff? Cause Nordic or Hindu Mythology are metal as fuck also.
Norse mythology is far more metal. The best you get from the Bible is Revelation, but the Norse have shit like valkyries, giants, dragons, the undead, and Thor being a hammer-swinging badass.
>>
>>19229071
so many things wrong with the image, but I still agree, christfags need to leave the pagan nations to the pagans.
>>
>>19227979

>/x/ has one singular belief or agrees on anything

Go back to /pol/
>>
>>19229071
Paganism is pretty dead compared to Christianity.
>>
>>19229364
I'd say Jesus' destruction of the temple market was pretty metal.
The comic !Hero by Stephen Lawhead made it look pretty awesome at least.
>>
>>19229703
Christianity is clinically dead, paganism is just comatose.
>>
>>19227979
Jesus kept his word. Only the wicked are left. Yes, that means YOU!

me too....
>>
the biggest reason as to why the abrahamic religions are favored over paganism and other religions like Buddhism or taoism. is because the abarahamic faiths were forced onto people. Christianity and Catholicism as well as islam which is one of the abrahamic faiths requires unconditional obedience without question. in these religions you are taught that you are weak and evil and only believing in that lord can save you were as in paganism you ask the gods not for what it is that you seek, but the strength to seek it out on your own. this idea was dangerous to early christianity because it was a sense of self empowerment and it is much harder to control and manage a people who think and rely on themselves.
>>
>>19229701
Implies many people on /x/
are you that retarded or do you just pretend because you want an argument
>>
>>19227979
Because schizophenics are often obsessed with the judeo-christian religon.
>>
>>19227979

Because they are sons of the devil.

They think it is the bible, but it isn't, it's gnosticism, they exist and there is a heaven, but it's not the same religion.

So they rp a lot but miss the point entirely.
>>
>>19229364
Half of the Bible is a fucking war.
> God was so Metal he sent his enemies to Hell to burn forever.
> God was so Metal he told Satan he was coming back after he takes over the world to fuck him up.
> God was so Metal he made a guy who could kill 1000 men with a jawbone.
> God was so Metal he invented everything, including Metal.
> God was so Metal he crafted a dimension to put the ones who betrayed him.
Still think God isn't Metal?
>>
>>19228407
>Not that anon, but mythology directly implies those aspects to be chalked-up fairy tales.

Only to idiots. The academic/correct usage of the term "mythology" simply means a body of religious stories - it bears no implications of the veracity of the stories.
>>
File: pagancucks.png (134KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
pagancucks.png
134KB, 500x522px
>>19231020
>t.varg
Read the Gospel heathen
>>
>>19228411
This. Also consider the fact that Judeo-Christians "won" Europe, North and South America and have huge enclaves in Asia and Africa. It's ingrained in American culture even if the founders envisioned a separation of church and state.
>>
>>19228407
Not O.O but he clearly stated

"His" referring to the mythology of the Jewish God. Brush up on your reading comprehension before you call somebody out you dumb cunt.
>>
>>19228571
>my religion is popular because of indoctrination and is therefore the right one

Kill yourself, kike.
>>
>>19232840
>a dude that can do literally anything without any effort whatsoever creates people that he knows will do things that he doesn't like, and with the snap of his fingers creates a dimension to make them suffer for eternity

Being a dick != being metal
>>
>>19234992
>>19234992
>productive
Is that why the strong majority of people in jail, people on welfare, and dirty trailer fucks are Christian? Most of them incredibly so?
>anime and open
Are you implying that most Christians give a fuck about open? And that there aren't tons of Christians that watch anime?
>bad theology
A constantly self-contradicting theology that makes you feel bad about being human is bad theology, cucklord.
>western civilization
K you got me there
>humble
I'm not even fucking touching this one.
>straight, respects women
I know churches that still don't let women take prominent roles in the church, teach girls to be subservient, and Christians are among the most likely to abuse women. And most Christians don't care about homosexuals... which they shouldn't. How do you know God didn't make gay people to curb population growth and help with orphanage overflow?
>last one
Is this a good thing? Seems more like a neutral thing.
>>
What the fuck is this thread?
Get back to /pol/ you demented fucks.
>>
>>19232840
>Half of the Bible is a fucking war.
Some pretty boring war.
>God was so Metal he sent his enemies to Hell to burn forever.
Only at the end of time though.
>God was so Metal he told Satan he was coming back after he takes over the world to fuck him up.
Which part was that? I don't remember that.
>God was so Metal he made a guy who could kill 1000 men with a jawbone.
Why a jawbone though? That's not metal.
>God was so Metal he invented everything, including Metal.
Lies. Also, the invention of metal is not mentioned in the Bible. Also, not that metal.
>God was so Metal he crafted a dimension to put the ones who betrayed him.
Not portrayed as a dimension in the Bible, but an actual location on Earth.

Your arguments are terrible.
>>
File: fedorago.jpg (104KB, 511x896px) Image search: [Google]
fedorago.jpg
104KB, 511x896px
This whole thread
>>
>>19228126
>entirely based on unsubstantiated claims
>not /x/ related
>>
File: average maga.jpg (88KB, 511x896px) Image search: [Google]
average maga.jpg
88KB, 511x896px
>>19236688
>>
>>19236782
>entirely based on unsubstantiated claims

Wait, I thought we were talking about God? Why have you brought the Holocaust up?
>>
>>19234992
>Read the Gospel heathen
You mean the gospel that says that women are worth half as much as men, is largely "Then we genocided this tribe, and then God wiped out these people because reasons, and then more murder happened...", and also had God murder a bunch of children via bears because they mildly insulted someone at one point?
>inb4 Old Testament doesn't count, except when it does!
>>
File: 1489916450466.jpg (1MB, 345x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1489916450466.jpg
1MB, 345x5000px
>>19236812
>Pretending the Old Testament isn't entirely Jewish

So it's a Christian text when it suits and then a Jewish text when it suits? Hmm, where I have seen something like this before...
>>
>>19236835
Called it. Why include it if it's evil Jew shit, then?
>>
>>19236835
Funny how you people will still cite it when it has something that supports your argument.
>>
>>19236899
Dubs of truth. Checked.
>>
>>19235130
>my religion was BTFO and can't indoctrinate anymore because the superior religion made a laughing stock out of it and put it in their kid movies as comic book characters
>>
>>19227979
Because of fucking global Xmas.
The story is widespread
>>
File: hEY.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hEY.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>19227979
Final vision of Daniel. Try debunking that
>>
>>19234992
uh anon, most niggers are Christians
>>
File: baal2.png (271KB, 272x759px) Image search: [Google]
baal2.png
271KB, 272x759px
>>19228595
>I'm sure they still sniff glue behind closed doors but they run this shit.

In their delusions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXDL2hQ76tU
>>
there is literally nothing wrong with worshipping the God of the Bible. there's nothing wrong with worshipping the Norse, Hindu, Mesoamerican gods either, and it shouldn't bother you whether some people worship one or the other.
>>
>>19227979
Let me just ask you this: What year is it?
>>
>>19238402
Because could it be that it is 2017 a.C.?
2017 Years after the Birth of Jesus Christ, of which we all base our measure of time on as a planet? I mean honestly, I'm not a christian or anything, but they have owned us. They won. It's 2017 after Christ and they've won and established their superiority.
>>
>>19238363
> sniff glue behind closed doors
Like the Oracle at Delphi?
>>
>>19238411
You have not read an academic text lately, have you?
>>
>>19234992

I've read it. That's how I know it's bullshit.
>>
>>19238411
I see you also saw that Louise C.K. bit.

Don't think regurgitating his funny point makes you relevant.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.