[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I obtain enlightenment? Is there something in this world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 12

File: crowleypyrhat.jpg (40KB, 317x378px) Image search: [Google]
crowleypyrhat.jpg
40KB, 317x378px
How do I obtain enlightenment?

Is there something in this world I'm missing?

Is there hidden knowledge which is only given to the few?
>>
>>19227337
never mind. Forget this thread ever occurred.
>>
>>19227337

Pray a full 15 decade Rosary everyday, you won't go to hell.
>>
>>19227337
Something, Something about teaching slaves to read
>>
>>19227337
there's a lot in this world your'e missing unfortunately its kinda over hyped
most people don't know it not because its some extreme stuff its just because most people are dumb asses
>>
>>19227337
There is no "I". That's how
>>
like here ill drop one right now
the strauss howe generational theory is a micro oscillation between r and K reproduction strategies.and the left right politics most people think of are murky and confusing because its just a vehicle for more r vs K reproduction strategy. in essence people are slaves to biology more than they'll ever realize.and this can be taken advantage of.
>>
>>19227342
Don't listen to this guy, he is just trying to make a elaborate grammar joke about "I being before E"
>>
>>19227337
what was the name of this fella?
>>
>>19227344
you sure it wasn't about eggos?
>>
>>19227345
Alister Crowley

He did alot of heroin and self reflection
>>
>>19227346
Waffles?
>>
File: talk_radio_image.jpg (78KB, 2541x2058px) Image search: [Google]
talk_radio_image.jpg
78KB, 2541x2058px
why enlightenment when you can have full blown autism by way of memetic cognitohazard?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1226681/
>>
>>19227337
Gateway to Rabbit hole you were warned
https://youtu.be/X9aAtJKqLGY
This Man was assassinated for reading
This type of stuff on radio.
https://youtu.be/o__D464kGyY
>>
>>19227348
oh I'm sorry give me back that egg and take an eg in it's place
>>
>>19227337
enlightenment is impossible for the mortal. intelligence is the key. and nothing is more intelligent than a little child, who exists to serve its own needs and experience a total unique... experience.

become like unto a little child, as jesus taught.
>>
samael aun weor and Gnosticism.

having said that you dont obtain enlightenment from a book or idea.
>>
>>19227338
makes me suspect you found it instantly, you better fucking tell me...
>>
>How do I obtain enlightenment?
The Buddha claimed it was by following his teachings.
>>
>>19227347
cheers buddy
>>
heres another hot one
Spengler's assessment of civilizations being born and dying is correct but consider for a second how he assessed civilizations being born
their prime symbol is a way of over coming innate human fears like death. this would suggest that all civilizations are born from a collective subconscious way of overcoming innate human fears.
this means all the rises and falls of civilizations are the collective human subconscious probing for ways to overcome our innate human fears.
and they fall when the collective learns that the prime symbol is not a sufficient way of overcoming their fears. in short civilizations are just us evolving which comes as no surprise.
the surprise is that its actually a quite predictable process. just like Strauss Howe
>>
>>19227337
field shrooms, a lot of them
>>
>>19227337
You don't, there's no such thing.
>>
>>19227344
hes referring to not being selfish and detaching from ego,
shrooms, and a lot of them
>>
>>19227357
I think our current one is like trust and truth/deception and lies. Not sure how we're gonna come out, I like math.
>>
>>19227352
this
the old saying of the wise men knowing how little they know is correct.
if you want the ultimate juicy stuff stop now because it remains outside human capacity for the foreseeable future
>>
>>19227361
spengler called our prime symbol infinity just think about god what does he get described as?
all knowing all seeing everywhere and all powerful
god is infinity we worshiped our prime symbol then when we give up on our societies way of overcoming death we fall apart.
your idea of these archetypal ideas of lies and truth have their own red pill Jordan Peterson is a good source for those.
>>
>>19227337
There are only two types of enlightenment, OP.

Either you rape children for enlightenment, or you hang people from lampposts.
>>
>>19227363
I do love most of Jordan B Peterson's work.

I have a hard time, personally, believing in god. I think when I do see the signs in the sky of his return I will believe, and I do know a lot of the moral lessons in the bible and consider myself a slightly righteous person. So hopefully that doesn't upset god too much, but I'm pretty lukewarm.
I'm not actually super familiar with spengler's writings, so I'm sorry if my archetypal example wasn't really relevant.
>>
>>19227337
Literally just meditate for 20 years... or do dmt for temporary enlightenment.
>>
>>19227366
jordan petersons work seems to point towards the idea that religion is an adaptation for stupid people
basically it helps stupid people grasp at solutions for complex moral situations much quicker which is very beneficial for large societies.
>>
>>19227337
Crowley found it in little boy buttholes.
>>
>>19227368
Yeah I think my plan for now is to take the lessons in the bible as any legitimate philosophy, and in the event of serious empirical proof of god, adapt my views to incorporate him.
>>
>>19227347

He also did a lot of little boy buttholes.
>>
>>19227347
He was also cursed to death by Julius Evola.
>>
give away everything you own..abandon everyone you know. Walk to the edge of the world. If you survive, you'll find enlightenment.
>>
>>19227337
Convert to christianism.

>Is there something in this world I'm missing?
Jesus Christ.

> Is there hidden knowledge which is only given to the few?
Yes, it is called faith.
>>
>>19227370
thats a good idea the bible is a good collection of moral lessons just remember to interpret it the right way in its historical context and check translations
as for god i think that falls into the realm of the unknown since there isn't really a way to test for the existence of god there cant be a way to say if he exists or not.
its like testing for whats at the center of a black hole or whats outside the universe there just isn't straightforward way of experimenting for that stuff
>>
>>19227353
>samael aun weor and Gnosticism.

Pfff, a plagiarist. If you like it go straight to the source then: Gurdjieff
>>
>>19227337

Stop being a meatling and learn how to *think*. Don't react, respond. Asking others is your first major failure, learn to look inside instead of outside.
>>
>>19227372
No he wasn't lol
>>
>>19227337
If you need convincing that there is hidden knowledge out there read Manly P Hall's "The Secret Teachings of All Ages" in its entirety. Chances are you have seen these books of wisdom before but their hidden meaning eluded you. The first step is to learn the language of symbolism.
>>
>>19227407
Who would win in a wizard fight Evola or Crowley?
>>
No one knows. It just happens, when it happens. And it will happen to everyone, in this life, or the next.

Continually ask, "Who am I?" That is the only question.
>>
>>19227433
Crowley, Evola wasn't a "Wizard" he was an esotericist and philosopher. Evola almost never used practical magick and when he did he regretted it.
>>
>>19227337
>Is there something in this world I'm missing?
>Is there hidden knowledge which is only given to the few?

Yes. Here is The Key of Hidden Ancient Knowledge; The ALL/Truth/Reality in a logical art form; The Key to the Universe:

□[-▪------] [-----▪--] [▪-------] [--▪-----] [----▪---]□
[--▪-----] {▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪●▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪} [-----▪--]
□[---▪----] [-----▪--] [-------▪] [--▪-----] [------▪-]□

You most likely won't understand,
But if you do understand it,
You will be able to learn how it ALL works. (By using The Key)

Use logic, geometry and mathematics to analyze The Key.

Good luck.
>>
>>19227466
Interesting. This reminds me a bit of the Law of Octaves (not just in chemistry). I'll look into it.
>>
>>19227351
Suck eggs. I am watching you. You.
>>
>>19227343
how to not be slaves to biology?
>>
Just think. When you find it you'll know it. Its like the last piece in a puzzle. People expect the truth to be some complex, grand piece of information, but when I found it it was so small, simple. I was surprised and just wow. I never knew that just a concept could be so beautiful.

You'll know it when you find it is all I can say.
>>
>>19227594

You're not enlightened. Sorry that you think that.
>>
"God is simple. Everything else is complex."
>>
>>19227623

Why would you think that?
>>
>>19227630

"I'm enlightened man u guise it's so breezy up here in heaven u guise r guna luv it lol"

also the fact that you even replied to my obviously inciteful comment demonstrates your attachment to ego. look at you hanging on to this tab, immediately replying, unenlightened fool.

"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates
>>
>>19227365
this is what total indoctrination looks like.
>>
>>19227645

Lmao at your definition of enlightenment. Enlightenment has nothing to do with the ego. Becoming enlightened Doesent make you some different version of yourself. I you can let the truth change you but it Doesent have to. The Buddha was a dumbass and he got it wrong.
>>
File: 1498538273394.jpg (9KB, 189x292px) Image search: [Google]
1498538273394.jpg
9KB, 189x292px
>>19227667
You sure sound real enlightened.
>>
>>19227677

>the truth Doesent change you

Everybody would like to imagine that once you know the truth you will speak only wisdom and everything you say will be like some divine gift of knowledge to the world. It isnt like that. I can speak however I want to.
>>
>>19227692
I wasn't arguing that. The whole concept of enlightenment is retarded. You only ever get it by not striving for it anyway. And nothing changes apparently. So, enlightenment has always just been a stand in for wisdom/coming to terms with reality. Anyone can get that.

I was arguing that you sounded like a complete assclown who lacks both of those qualities.
>>
>>19227717

>7/7/17
>>
>>19227692

Yup. Another deluded idiot who gets offended when people tell him he's not enlightened.

>b-b-but I know the troof!

Why are you so intent on telling people about your so-called enlightenment? Who cares what us mere mortals think of your lofty throne? You're an idiot. Meditate more deeply, child.
>>
>>19227337
Destroy everything you value and love in order to realize that you are not your personality, your likes and dislikes, and you can make up new yourselves anytime you want, and each time you do that the world around you - your reality, will change accordingly. This is a short path, but its hard to do it on purpose. Better just contemplate and find a smoother way.
>>
Look, you start off as a fucking soul, the soul builds its illusionary awareness, you cannot exist unless your perceived by others who have already gained their awareness, as you're fucking soul sucks up everything it can you build who you are, which is affected by your surroundings. This is how you get isis, this is how you get yay Merica. This is a fucking playground paradise and we quit playing nice. So we're all stuck in the shit we created. So until people learn to start loving again we're torment ourselves until the foreseeable future. Congratulations you're fucking enlightend
>>
>>19227337
Understanding is not agreement.

Not that I read anything in this thread past OP, mind.
>>
>>19227863

haha!

marc maron
>>
>>19227914
I love Marc Maron but I haven't heard this from him. Is their not an original thought left lmao.
>>
>>19227337
Through your life experiences and how well you are able to understand them. The good and the bad experiences. Take some time every day to reflect on them. Try to see them from all angles, from new angles that you don't even know exist yet. Meditate on it if you're into that. Whip yourself up into a manic state and throw yourself down into depression. Experience them all to the fullest.
>>
>>19227925

haha, no, I just randomly inserted marc maron because today for the first time I've really enjoyed him. I insert random phrases/words into things to spread certain subliminal or fully noticeable ideas.

have you seen this set by him? It's fucking way better than anything else I've seen, by a mile! vimeo [dot] clom [slash] six one eight six three nine eight I didn't care for him before I saw this

sorry for weurd 4matting, can't seem to get it past filter
>>
>>19227955
Damn dude I'm so enlightened and drunk right now I can't bring myself to like figure that shit out. You got like maybe a key word or phrase I can use to find it
>>
>>19227717
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>19227974

haa yeah it's 1:11:16 long, it's marc maron at upright citizen's brigade theater. Audio switches around at first but it levels out. He really eases into it with healthy outpouring of repressed anger. Fun to watch
>>
>>19227337

>>19227943
>>19227782

these are the only responses with any merit
Your ego has to die, or at least be weakened to the point of laying silent, mostly forgotten (at that point it'll be easy to immediately identify when your ego asserts itself and dismiss it)

Pervasive truths about the nature of existence and the meaning of things will spring from every experience you have, every day.
It's pretty depressing though as it's hard to reconcile these epiphanies with society and the way people will. I imagine if one experiences total ego death its not bothersome as they can achieve detachment
>>
>>19227466
Please, maths hates me, explaint that to me.
>>
>>19227342
>>19227337
All is one?
>>
>>19227341
>>19227373
These. It can't be given but if you find someone you trust ask them about it.
>>
>>19227374
Christianism? as in Christianity? is there a difference? what is Christianism?
>>
>>19228378

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, ego is developed through interaction, 'ego death' is only ever temporary as a newer more subtle one takes its place. It's why literally everyone that has interacted with humanity in the history of existence that has been considered 'enlightened' have been nothing but egotistical cunts (Especially the buddha) that attract special snowflakes to circlejerk and feel like elites.
>>
>>19227761

Literally im just lmaoing at this point. What are you even trying to do? Are you upset that you meditated every day for a year straight and didn't achieve anything? You should apply for a projectionist position at an IMAX theater.
>>
>>19227577
Cut your dick off and do heroin.
>>
>>19228920
These are the worst and most edgy insults I have ever experienced.
>>
I don't know. Try finding synchronicities and following them.

There goes a story about the disciple of the Buddha, a guy named (I think) Keijo. Keijo complained to the Buddha, saying: I keep only having flashes or short experiences of the buddha-nature. How do I obtain it?

The buddha answers: Is it Keijo who has experiences of the buddha-nature, or is it the buddha-nature who has experiences of Keijo?
>>
>>19228911
guy got dubs

Enlightened people sit and giggle and if you ask them things they say "it doesn't matter!" and keep on giggling. If they attained that state naturally, they never leave and die where they are sitting while happy. If they used drugs to reach that state, they go back to normal when the drugs wear off.
>>
It happens when you realize you are nothing, but also everything. That you are cold, but also hot. That you are scared of what will happen, but also excited to see a new day. That you are alive, and you will someday be dead.
Look around and begin to realize the truths and the things that really matter.

The answers you seek are within you.
>>
File: 1450036077864.jpg (100KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
1450036077864.jpg
100KB, 500x717px
Take about 600mg DXM and have an out of body experience then Take a bunch of shrooms and go in to the forest and on the comedown go home and watch The Holy Mountain. THEN take a bunch of LSD and listen to DSOTM, and all of Alan Watts talks, you should also learn about Kundalini and attempt the Kundalini meditation while on the drugs. DXM works best for the meditation but try it on all three substances. Also, try watching Samsara, The Quatsi trilogy and network. All while tripping, of course. Weed also helps a lot.

A

Enjoy becoming a wizard of infinite power and potential!

>STAY THE FUCK AWAY FOR OPIATES/OPIOIDS!!!
>>
>>19229044
do not drink the koolaid
>>
File: Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>19227365
>>
>>19229046
Because once you realize (or believe) that drugs are the only answer in life you will be the most reliant, productive, enlightened yet down to earth person ever.
>>
>>19229064
>NIICE!
>>
File: dream_6039044b12.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dream_6039044b12.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>19229064
Im not saying it the ONLY way, it was just how it happen to me and I wasn't even trying. Im not saying do them all the time either. You can space that shit out over years if u want to.
>>
>>19229079
>the embodiment of calm and tranquility can be attained via shortcuts

Sure guy
>>
I found enlightenment a while back and then immediately became christian. I cant tell you how because i dont know how it happened. I was working very hard on my college classes, to the point of exhaustion, and at one point i got up and stepped outside for some air, and i was enlightened.
>>
>>19229095
Its not a shortcut, it's more like using a rocket car to get to that destination. Its the same road, you just experience it faster and harder, but because you are going so fast might not fully absorb everything, so you do it a number of times, absorbing different thing every time, going back and forth until your reality becomes the destination. IDK if that makes sense but, I dont feel like I cheated myself out of anything with this method. Im wiser, more patient, not as easily angered as i used to be, my intuition is in overdrive and ive developed mild psychic abilities (emphasis on the MILD). Everyone has their own path, im just sharing mine on the off chance it might also work for someone else.

>"You can go your own way" - Fleetwood Mac

Peace and love /x/philes!
>>
>>19229095
Psychedelics will take you from A to C, but you are B.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-28-11h52m01s961.png (1MB, 1200x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-28-11h52m01s961.png
1MB, 1200x738px
Go on a 40 day water fast, OP. Rent a cabin somewhere away from everyone in the process and do nothing but meditate.
>>
>>19227337
All things are just manifestations of your own consciousness/awareness. Just watch your consciousness and you will understand.
>>
>>19227337
Qabalah, Yoga, so-called "magick" and "mysticism," study of comparative religion, academic pursuits in general, take up a sport or some kind of physical activity and become as best as you possibly can at it, take up writing or painting or playing an instrument or building and become as good as you possibly can at it, experience as much variety and 'exotic'/unfamiliar things as you can, travel as much as possible, learn other languages...
>>
>>19229420
Or if that's your shtick, have an office job, a wife, two and a half children, lead a mundane life, get involved in the everyday of your community.

No need to travel to Macchu Picchu or Tibet, become a parachute instructor or a yoga guru. Just follow a path, any path!
>>
>>19229095
>>19229064
Sometimes it's necessary in an overly corrupted world, and ancient religions and shamans have used plants and herbs as drugs for thousands of years
>>
>>19229283
Worked for me too, as long as they believe we're just getting fucked because it's just drugs they won't give a shit. They don't understand the concept of lsd being anything negative was something they were taught and buy into it
>>
>>19229446
The anon is asking about enlightenment, not "things to distract you from your immanent mortality."
>>
>>19227337
Anyone here know the meaning of Crowley's hand position in this photo?
>>
>>19229510
LSD arguably saved me from killing myself. Shrooms gave me a sense of direction. I'm taking a hiatus from psychedelics for awhile so that I may instill the lessons I have learned from my trips, but I plan to trip again eventually.

Psychedelics can save the world. We just need to start helping the stigma surrounding them by being open about our usage.
>>
>>19229521
What is enlightenment?

What is this life?
>>
>>19227337
Mechanicality of your own "self". Mechanical body-desires, mechanical emotions, and mechanical thinking. Everything you do through your life, you forget that you are the one doing it with your body, your emotions, and your thoughts. ("Your" and "you" is being used for convenience here; really, "you" and "I" is just an "it" like anything else). There is no fundamental distinction between the animate and the inanimate, everything is just a matter of scale. Everything is "alive" or, conversely, "inanimate", it's all the same, including you. You are just one object in the universe, your "self" is just another object, your body, your thoughts, your emotions ---- are all just objects.

Learn to detach from yourself and to REMEMBER yourself, to observe not just what you observe, to not just do what you do, but also to observe yourself while you're observing something else or doing something. This will create something like an objective, impartial observer, and then you will have glimpses of "enlightenment". You don't have to meditate by sitting down, you can meditate when you're doing anything you want by just objectively observing yourself that you do it.

Learn how to stop reacting to everything outside of you, to be sad and especially to be angry; realize other people are as mechanical as you, and that they, too ,"forget" themselves while they do what they're doing, that they're not even aware of what their bodies, emotions, and thoughts are doing. Get rid of inner anger, even if sometimes you must appear angry to others to gain their respect.
>>
>>19229522
("O")The sign of Vir. Pater. Amoun. Attitude of Pan/Bacchus. Grade Sign of 7=4
>>
>>19229522

Channeling
>>
>>19229531
Yup lsd did the exact same thing for me. I'm pretty quiet about what I actually use it for. The people that know I use it have no idea about my meditation and quest for spiritual enlightenment. They crack me up. My friends that do use it can't even go into a gas station because of unwarranted fears. I walk into that bitch like I own it, its shown me how much of this is truly in your mind that there is literally nothing to fear if you don't want to fear
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (192KB, 818x723px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
192KB, 818x723px
start here

http://www.lawofone.info/
>>
>>19229553
Let us Analyze the Keyword!

N, The Sign of Orus
O, The Dance of Asi
X, The Joy of Iaccus
The Light of the Holy Star!
>>
>>19229765
Just checked it out. Super interesting and will through it but can u give me a quick rundown/some general info of it?
>>
File: 1498403732388.gif (366KB, 900x2216px) Image search: [Google]
1498403732388.gif
366KB, 900x2216px
If you meet a man that says he can show you the path to enlightenment, kill him. -old Buddhist joke
>>
>>19230105
Thought it was "if you meet Buddha on the road..." Same difference, anyway
>>
>>19229849
>Can you spoon feed me anons?

No. You need to kill self if this is not a habit you are willing to abandon right here and now.
>>
>>19230120
Lawofone is bullshit anyway. Would you like a block of wood to help dismount from that high horse?
>>
>>19230120
Skimmed through it and got a general overview of it while i waited for a reply. I expected it to be more broader that it was.

I agree with your statement and am more than thankful for the link
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.