[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/0 6/york_county_suicide_me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: -0a81321aa6904f39.jpg (132KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
-0a81321aa6904f39.jpg
132KB, 960x720px
http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/06/york_county_suicide_megan_vogt.html

>'She didn't know what was real': Did 10-day meditation retreat trigger woman's suicide?

A young woman from Maryland, who considers herself happy, but grapples with anxiety, decides to go on a 10 day meditation retreat (location not in article) and emerges afterwards suicidal and in psychosis. She wrote a note to her boyfriend on a piece of mail: "Please forgive me for doing this...I remember what I did at the retreat. I finally got that memory. I can't live with me." She then jumps off a bridge to her death.

What did she do at the retreat, /x/? Can meditation of this intensity fuck your mind up this bad?
>>
The volunteers at the center didn't say much. When Megan's parents asked if she was taking her anxiety medication, the volunteers didn't know what they were talking about.

The volunteers allowed only the mother to see Megan initially.

"Kris came back 15 minutes later in shock," Steve Vogt said.

>All three of them then went into the room where Megan was, but she would not make eye contact with them.

>Megan didn't believe her sister, Jordan, was physically there. "You're a projection," Megan told her.

>"You could tell she didn't know what was real," Jordan Vogt said.

>The people running the center provided no explanation and shuffled Megan into her parents' car.

>"As the guru and leader of the retreat, she should have had some insight for us," Kris Vogt said. "She could have said maybe this happens sometimes. But all she said was to Megan, 'Be strong.'"

>Megan Vogt tried to bolt back into the center, asking for a knife to kill herself. They got Megan back into their vehicle and starting driving home.

>Vogt immediately began trying to kill herself by attempting to jump out of the moving vehicle. Steve Vogt was driving Megan's truck and could see the doors of his wife's vehicle flying open on the highway.
>>
she did something she considered bad but her mind repressed it. usually a memory gets repressed cause its too traumatic for the brain to handle, so it puts it in a compartment to never be remembered again. she found her repressed memory and couldnt deal with it. couple that with ego death thru meditation and you got yourself a dangerous brew.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.