[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some good imagination. Figured I'd shill here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: souls.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
souls.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
Looking for some good imagination. Figured I'd shill here.
I'm looking for some spooky cards to add to a card game I'm making.
I just want friends with card ideas... That's all
/tg/ is full of fancucks
>>
>>19225883
What exactly do you mean? Are you trying to make an entirely new game or remaking one with sp00py cards?
>>
skellington mermaids
>>
>>19225883
Like creatures or lore to add? Or just straight up paranormal cards that already exist?
>>
>>19225893
Making a whole new card game.
I like /x/ because /x/ is creative. I don't want to derail the board, so let's just keep it spooky for now.

>>19225907
fucking this.

Skeletal Mermaid
{Song}(Seashell-OceanLife-glyph)(Death-glyph){Song}
Cast a _Water_<-+Song> card
>>
>>19225945
I'll get to my idea making in a second, but I want to know what the game is about so I can better understand what exactly you'd like.
>>
>>19225883
Try the tarot card designs, they're creepy AF (not saying copy them exact but to design some like them)
>>
Accidentally posted something in x that was off topic. Got that IP b&

Anyway
>>19225983
The game isn't about anything. It's just this diverse world of imagination (like yugioh, an example I hate to use)

There is competitiveness in the game, but that doesn't necessarily have to revolve around "combat"

There are no "numbers" in this game that represent "framework stats". There's no universal attack or universal defense stat. There's also no universal "meaning" to any particular state of a card. Everything in this game is contextual
>and it's all elegantly democratically controlled with the blockchain.

Glyphs are just for flavor, and they have particular relationships between each other that overall express "advantages" and "disadvantages". Most rules of the game are described on the cards themselves. You may have a "Roaring FireBall" <-Fire><-Fire><-Fire>, but it can't be cast until an ability says it can be.
Sometimes its the creature that meets the requirement to cast the spell. Sometimes its the spell that just needs the right creature to be casted.
>>
>>19225883
Well,put some Lovecraftian shit on it,always work.
>>
>>19226012
So you just gotta be the first to summon a monster and cast something?
>>
>>19226028
I'm actually assuming there's a lot more to it than that and this is just the gists of the over all objective.
>>
>>19226035
>>19226028
Casting something onto what?
The only way to win that fast is if you are able to caste a spell that directly diminishes your opponents deck and can multiply itself with other cards fast enough. Not likely

There is something a lot of you may not like.
There is no official way to win the game. I suppose there will be a standard rule agreed on for most matches(forcing your opponent to diminish their deck), but the cards don't necessarily adhere to o
>>
>>19226055
... to one goal. They simply have effects on each other.

To actually push towards winning a game, or dominating the field, you'll need a whole ecosystem of cards, which both players should have enough time building up.
>>
>>19226055
>>19226061
So you try to diminish the opponents cards, even then that's not the end of the game? I'm sorry if I'm being a bother but I'm just trying to figure this out
>>
>>19226073
When a game starts, most people will want to define rules for winning. I expect this to be depleting the deck.

Sometimes you may not want to define rules. This would be a tough one to explain. It's valuable, but tough to justify.
>>
>>19226083
So you and your opponent set up the actual definition of "winning" if you two choose too.
I.e. you two choose to diminish a deck or life points etc. Or you two choose that there should be no actual way to win?
>>
>>19225883
no matter where or what I type you can read it because the SwiftKey keyboard records each key I press and uploads it to an airtificial intelligence you have read every text I have written then back spaced
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (38KB, 543x525px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
38KB, 543x525px
>>19225883
Try mixing your card game with modernity
like a spooky ghost playing vidya idk, go crazy
>>
>>19226091
You can say "if I control your queen, I win, if you take my newborn son you win".

Or you can go the standard route.

Or you can just let your cards play out.
>>
>>19226096
Red pill to anyone who thinks they can be secure on a phone
>>
>>19226099
So you do decide with your opponent whether or not there's a way to win and if so, how to do it.
>>
>>19226104
yes
>>
>>19226122
Try a necronomicon card. Could be used to summon or cast a certain spell or some shit.
>>
>>19226132
>necronomicon
very nice... very nice

Necronomicon heirloom
>brb
>>
>>19226122
Or maybe try a "hells portal" card. Honestly don't know what to do with it but I'm sure you can figure something out with that.
>>
File: IMG_20170630_145104.jpg (84KB, 1052x592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170630_145104.jpg
84KB, 1052x592px
>>
Maybe Goetia demons? Or some urban mythical creatures, Slenderman style.
>>
>>19226153
The actual fuck? Why?
>>
>>19225883

Demonic Aliens. It's basically the theme of /x/ right now with the whole 7/7/17 - 9/23/17 thing going on.
>>
>>19226204
I'm not on /x/ often, so what's with that? Is it that face in space shit?
>>
>>19225945
>I like /x/ because /x/ is creative.
t. fuckwit mcretard
>>
>>19226137
Necronomicon Heirloom
|Book|[Evil]
From your hand you may attach Necronomicon Heirloom to an |Evil|{Death} card.
When held by |Evil| OR {Death} the face card may cast a card with 1 to 3 |Evil|'s
>the second ability uses "OR" even though most use cases would already have it set itself under a creature card with both. Just for ... fun sake, or something.

>Maybe there can be a different Necronomicon that another player invents later. Idk, is there only 1?

>>19226138
Hell Portal
Summon high level (fiery) |evil|

>>19226138
Slendermen
Abduct 1 |Binki|

>>19226176
>Goetia demons
I'm gonna try to do some examples, and I'd love for you guys to join in. I may correct/guide them, but for the most part, the "genesis" card set is very very sparse. I need a lot of ideas. Mechanic ideas.

Hints about their abilities will help.

>extra notes about containers & glyphs
>|basic glyph|
>(Lifeform) // shaped like a circle, most golems and mechas will not have this.
>[Material] // shaped like a square
>[[Building]] // shaped like a pentagon-house-ish thing
><passive> //this is a diamond container
><+heals/buff> // this is a up triangle container
><-damage/debuff> // this is a down triangle container
>{meta} // like "for a master of sword" ... he's not a sword, just a master... shaped like a thought bubble
>>
>>19226221
Genesis? What about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Or some angel/ archangel card?
>>
>>19226262
Tree of Knowledge, is the most interesting concept of those.
(Plant)(Plant)(Plant)(Plant)(Soul)|Tree|(Soul)(Plant)(Plant)(Plant)(Plant)
>maybe does something with tree cards ontop of seed cards
>or {X} can now cast matching <-+X>

What I'm looking for here is some game-mechanical creativity. Honestly, I could google "lore" and probably see a whole lot of surface level stuff.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.