[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/ first time posting here but I figure this is the appropriate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Hey /x/ first time posting here but I figure this is the appropriate board.

So I think I've potentially stumbled upon something big.

So last Sunday, me and my dad were at home talking and browsing through the cable just as background noise when I left it on the movie Risky Business.

We watched the last quarter of it and my dad said he saw it in theaters in his early 20s. Apparently, his friend wanted to see it with him in theaters but fell ill so right when it was leaving theaters, my dad borrowed my grandfathers new VHS camcorder and recorded it in the theater to bring back to his friend stuck at home. He remembered this quite specifically because he got a lot of shit from his father since the camcorder was new tech and really expensive at the time.

Anyway, he said he kept the tape to remember all the shit he went through to get his friend the movie.

Today, I decided to rummage through the basement to get it and pop it in to see his old bootleg movie. It's actually very good quality for being from the mid 80s. I skipped forward and watched segments of it until I hit the underwear dance scene. But something was different. Tom Cruise was wearing sun glasses while performing the dance but on any other recording I look at, they're gone. I looked it up on youtube and it appears that other people are asking where his sunglasses went as well.

So what should I do with this tape? Is this anything significant? I'm trying to comprehend why it seems like I'm the only one who has this footage.

I'm reluctant to post it, even as a shitty phone picture off of my tv because I'm thinking this could be valuable.
>>
>>19224233
FAKE NEWS

SAGE
>>
>>19224233
Either post it or gtfo, we can't help nor do we care to if you don't prove yourself
>>
>>19224243

Well I guess I have to give some form of proof. I'll pop it in again and take a picture of it on my tv. Just wait a minute.
>>
>>19224251
This is dangerous, please watch your back. Who knows what the consequences could be.
>>
>>19224261
Are you saying that it's a ... Perilous Affair?
>>
>>19224277
Post the fucking picture and stop wasting time faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2238x1672px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2238x1672px
The whole video itself is much more compelling but here is a still-frame. Looking at the two side by side, it appears as though there is even a change in the dance itself.
>>
Homer does the dance in sunglasses in the simpsons
>>
>>19224288
Good luck. I don't think you were supposed to discover this.
>>
So what should I do with it? Ideally I want to sell the tape but who would buy it? How would I go about contacting Cruise himself or Brickman to see if it is rare lost footage and if they want to buy it from me?
>>
>>19224314
>I really want to sell the tape
Good luck fucko
>>
I haven't looked anything up about this and also haven't seen the movie in years, so grain of salt:
But have you considered that maybe slightly different versions of the film were release? That happens sometimes with film versions and vhs releases (among tons of other different cuts for lots of reasons).
It could be something as simple as a few scenes were different on a rental than from the theatrical version, sort of like a mini director's cut. Maybe a scene was ruined somehow and replaced, maybe someone changed their mind, possibly an error in the transfer process (i'm spitballing).
I guess my bigger point is assuming that it's potential evidence for a dimensional shift should come after considering the much more obvious possibilities, even before bringing up the imperfect memory thing.

I know there have been movies where a different take of a line is used in the laserdisc and not the vhs, for example.
>>
>>19224345

That's what I'm thinking as well. This scene seems to be tied to mandela affect and I was surprised to see how many people have looked for this scene but haven't found it. Had there not been posts about this exact scene on the internet already after I looked it up, I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

My best guess is that this version of the scene was only played in theaters and has since been lost. But at the same time, a lot of people claiming to have seen it already are too young to have seen it in theaters which is making me curious as to why I'm the only one who seems to have it.
>>
>>19224345
This. George Lucas did this with Star Wars.

I think you may have valuable footage OP. But I don't think it's anything /x/ related.
>>
>>19224233
If real, you just proved the Mandela affect real.

If fake, gtfo
>>
Mandela Effect Residue
or
You're insane...
>>
>>19224365

I just left a message with Creative Artists Agency saying that I have footage Brickman may be interested in. I believe he worked with their agency so they might have his number. Looks like he kind of just left stardom after directing risky business so he's probably much more likely to get back to me then Cruise, who I assume is impossible to get in contact with.
>>
>>19224251
>just wait a minute

Yep this is a troll post. I'm out.
>>
>>19224382

I already posted the still, look through the thread.
>>
>>19224385
Looks shopped
>>
>>19224233
It's a fucking shame what /x/ has become.
>>
OP here leaving for the evening. I'll post another thread if I get any more information on it.
>>
This is a well known mandella effect and you know damn well it is, I would say nice try but it was stupid of you to do this
>>
>>19224233
The in theaters movie was slightly different than the VHS release not the only time that Hollywood has done this
>>
>>19224288
Why not take a picture where his eyes aren't partially hidden from the camera
>>
>>19224288
everyone else says that he was also wearing a white shirt but that shit is still pink, get fucked
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.