[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Arizona Highway Patrol came upon a pile of smoldering metal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: fig1a.jpg (29KB, 393x649px) Image search: [Google]
fig1a.jpg
29KB, 393x649px
The Arizona Highway Patrol came upon a pile of smoldering metal embedded into the side of a cliff rising above the road at the apex of a curve. The wreckage resembled the site of an airplane crash, but it was a car. The type of car was unidentifiable at the scene. The lab finally figured out what it was and what had happened.

It seems that a guy had somehow obtained a JATO unit (Jet Assisted Take Off-actually a solid fuel rocket) that is used to give heavy military transport planes an extra "push" for taking off from short airfields. He had driven his Chevy Impala out into the desert and found a long, straight stretch of road. Then he attached the JATO unit to his car, jumped in, got up some speed and fired off the JATO!

The facts as best could be determined are that the operator of the 1967 Impala hit JATO ignition at a distance of approximately 3.0 miles from the crash site.
>>
This was established by the prominent scorched and melted asphalt at that location. The JATO, if operating properly, would have reached maximum thrust within 5 seconds, causing the Chevy to reach speeds well in excess of 350 mph and continuing at full power for an additional 20-25 seconds. The driver, soon to be pilot, most likely would have experienced G-forces usually reserved for dog-fighting F-14 jocks under full afterburners, basically causing him to become insignificant for the remainder of the event. However, the automobile remained on the straight highway for about 2.5 miles (15-20)seconds before the driver applied and completely melted the brakes, blowing the tires and leaving thick rubber marks on the road surface, then becoming airborne for an additional 1.4 miles and impacting the cliff face at a height of 125 feet leaving a blackened crater 3 feet deep in the rock.

Most of the driver's remains were not recoverable; however, small fragments of bone, teeth and hair were extracted from the crater and fingernail and bone shards were removed from a piece of debris believed to be a portion of the steering wheel.
>>
Holy fuck I'm dying. Shit must've been so cash
>>
File: 1471990378917.jpg (12KB, 261x221px) Image search: [Google]
1471990378917.jpg
12KB, 261x221px
>>19218264
Amazing. What a way to go.
>>
Well, maybe he had a tiny math error.
>>
>>19218264
Life is hard, and it's harder when you're stupid.
>>
File: lePepe.jpg (81KB, 732x716px) Image search: [Google]
lePepe.jpg
81KB, 732x716px
>>19218264
>>
>>19218264
Read about this a few years back. I find it hilarious.

This isn't /x/ material tho
>>
>>19218264
what a beautiful way to go
>ywn thelma and louise yourseldfto escape cops in the desert by flying 6km in your jet car with your favourite song blaring on the radio until you eventually go up like a firework
why even live to begin with?
>>
>>19220659
Rumor is the car's ghost still haunts the cliff side
>>
File: kek.png (138KB, 372x365px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
138KB, 372x365px
>>19218264
>T O P K E K
>>
>>19218264

Are Y'all 12? This was one of the first myths on Mythbusters, this ain't new
>>
>>19218264
Played by David arquette in the movie Darwin Awards
>>
Sauce?
>>
>>19221416
it wasn't one of the first, it was the first. it was the pilot episode.

i'm sure next we'll here that the kid from the cereal commercials died from pop rocks and soda.
>>
>>19221592
And the mythbusters guy sold him the jato in the movie
>>
>>19218264
Me as a tinfoil boy would say this is a government coverup for a crashed ufo, that wanted to steal a JATO engine from a military base and accidently activated it, while they mounted it on top of their (disc shaped) UFO.........

but decades of living on earth together with humans tells me...YES..this actually happened - humans are like that (stupid)

GOLD, PURE GOLD!
>>
OP here. What're mods doing? Delete this already. Proof /x/ needs a good fixin
>>
>>19218264
>the type of car was unidentifiable at the scene
>chevy
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.