[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever since I was five or six, I've had nights where—for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0092.jpg (34KB, 610x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0092.jpg
34KB, 610x358px
Ever since I was five or six, I've had nights where—for lack of a better summarization—I've been pulled into a nightmare. What I mean by this is I sometimes find myself being drawn into a sort of dream-like experience out of nowhere, even if I'm awake. These "dreams" always felt realistic, and I was usually able to feel what was happening. I'd say they only happen occasionally; over the past 15 or so years in which they've occurred, I'd guess I've had them about 25 times, give or take a couple. The most recent one occurred just the other night, and although it was still terrifying, it was comparatively tame.

If anyone has any theories, I'd love to hear them.

Before I give some examples in the following posts, there are a few details they've seemed to follow, save for a couple exceptions:

1. They can start in the same way as a normal dream, but they tend to start while I'm either already in a dream or I'm awake.

2. When they begin, there's a very low rumbling sound accompanied by sudden quakes. I've only felt one actual earthquake in my life—I think it was a 4.2—and these always feel more powerful. I'd guess the tremors I've felt in these experiences have felt like Magnitude 5 tremors, but I may be off.

3. As mentioned before, they feel incredibly realistic. I can feel whatever happens to me in these "dreams".

4. Until I was about ten, the dreams always started in an instant. Since then, however, they've had a sort of build-up to them. This build-up usually lasts for about thirty seconds to a minute.

5. During these build-ups, I'm almost completely paralyzed; all I'm able to do is open and close my eyes. Doing so seems like it gives me a chance to wake up, although it feels random. If I can't wake up before things have built up, the dream begins.

6. During the build-up, I somehow already know what will happen to some extent if I can't wake up in time. As such, even the dreams I manage to escape leave me disturbed.
>>
Last night's "dream" occurred around 1:30 in the morning. I had woken up from a normal dream about ten minutes earlier, and I had just laid down after getting a glass of water. I hadn't even closed my eyes when I suddenly froze. My room began to shake, and I could hear the wind howling outside. Even though my back was to the window (I was laying on my right side), I knew a tornado was forming outside. Similar to the tremors, I had never seen a tornado in real life, so I have no way to estimate how strong it was. All I knew was that in about thirty seconds, it would destroy my wall before sucking me up and breaking my spine. I was able to wake up before that happened, thankfully.
>>
The first one of these dreams I ever had is kind of laughable now, but it bothered me for years after I first had it. It was really short, and it only really consisted of Barney the Dinosaur standing over my bed, tickling me, and reciting some sort of curse. It was just sort of creepy, but I'm almost certain it was around the time all those stories about Barney's actor molesting kids were starting to appear on the news, so I was hearing my parents and other adults reacting to it.
>>
This last example is an exception to a couple of the details I listed above.

I was probably about nine or ten in this case. I had just woken up from a dream where I was being pursued by a T-Rex, or some other theropod. It was probably about 6:00 in the morning, because instead of going back to sleep, I got up since my dad was usually up by then, having breakfast before he left for work. I didn't see him, though, but I thought nothing of it. Instead, I just grabbed some cereal and the TV remote. As soon as I pressed the power button, however, I found myself back in the jungle from my dream. I had no time to try and figure out what had happened, because I could hear the T-Rex roaring from just a few dozen meters away. I tried to hide, but I somehow knew it was going to find me already. Once it did, it lunged, picked me up, and began to shake me violently. I woke up for real after a few seconds, but the pain of being impaled and shredded by those huge teeth was still lingering, even though it never really happened.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.