[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my friend recently told me how he's really into this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: c0139575_21264324.jpg (38KB, 299x369px) Image search: [Google]
c0139575_21264324.jpg
38KB, 299x369px
So my friend recently told me how he's really into this idiot. Like reading his shit studying it and taking it seriously.

I just read about it for fun or to learn, but hes seriously into it like probably at home trying to raise demons or some stupid shit. He told me its like religion but for "white people only" (i dont even think race was part of any of Crowley's stuff hes just an idiot) or some dumb shit and how illuminati shouldn't be taught or revealed to everyone like how it's all over the place now.

im literally cringing typing this. what should i tell my friend? hes an idiot?
>>
It's definitely no more idiotic than Christianity/Judaism/Islam. If you'd done a shred of research yourself or taken a comparative religion course you'd know that the esoteric ideas espoused in Thelema are found in almost every religion if you make it to the top of the chain.
>>
>>19216419
ya well its all stupid to me, heaven, hell, demons, magic. fucking dumb.
>>
>>19216431
Well either way you will have issues. If you attack what he believes then odds are he would get defensive rather than hearing you out. And if you slowly undermined certain parts he can excuse them all away. Given your friend is so extreme with it, he does not seem like the type to just sit down and talk to you reasonably and hear your case.

Your best bet is to figure out the underlying cause of why he took an extremist route. Because there is generally some reason for people taking an extreme path. Work on that underlying cause and you may undermine his need to do this at all.
>>
>>19216409
You and your friend are both dumb and the truth will always be hidden from the eyes of those that do not seek it. Crowley is underrated imo. And youre supposed to find your own path given to you by god. thus Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be the Whole of the Law love is the law love under will. Faggot
>>
>>19216409
Just tell him most of what Crowley wrote was after his brain was half eaten by a terrible case of syphillis. Anyways, your friend sounds like the typical autistic edgelord and will most likely grow out of it when he realizes how incomprehensible most of Crowleys schlock is. Suggest that he study the works of Robert Anton Wilson and Peter J. Carroll for an easier system to apply to life.
>>
>>19216409
You sound like a raging faggot, i honestly doubt you have any friends.
>>
>>19216503
>Robert Anton Wilson and Peter J. Carroll

thats probly a cool idea, ill mention that
>>
>>19216409
>what should i tell my friend? hes an idiot?
Pretty much.
>>
>>19216431
>>19216409
OP here I think heaven, hell, demons, magic are dumb so I'll come onto /x/ and ask a board full of people who believe heaven, hell, demons, magic are real and ask them to help me with my mundane problems because that makes perfect sense.
>>
>>19216654
>board full of people who believe heaven, hell, demons, magic are real

lol no
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.