[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /sci/ here. How are spells supposed to work? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 0da2e41.jpg (94KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
0da2e41.jpg
94KB, 800x593px
Hi, /sci/ here. How are spells supposed to work? I don't get it. I'm trying to get it but I really don't understand the reasoning behind it.

Why does it make sense that spells are chanted and rhymed? Why candles? Why weird rituals and knives?

Basically my reasoning is that if spells did work, then you wouldn't need all the extra fluff around it. And if they didn't work, you would need to bring all the extra fluff so you increase your chances of it working.

Tell me how this works.
>>
>>19215264
>Hi, /sci/ here.
>Why does it make sense that spells are chanted and rhymed? Why candles? Why weird rituals and knives?
And this is how chaos magick was made.
>>
See at x, we don't give real reasoning, we just larp together and pretend we all have a subliminal knowledge dwellers are incapable of understanding.
>>
>>19215267
>I was just pretending
Get out, normie. This place is for legit retards.
>>
>>19215264

The extra fluff is there to convince you. If you can convince yourself, you can program reality. This is because microcosm = macrocosm.
>>
>>19215264
There's a lot of focus on subconscious vs conscious OP. The basic idea is that your subconscious mind is capable of doing these extraordinary things, but they are illogical, so your conscious mind won't believe in them and sabotages your efforts. By engaging in these monotonous patterns, you give your conscious awareness something to do so that it can't interfere.
>>
spells are attempts at reprogramming reality through subtle or not so subtle nudging of preordained events and possibilities.
All dependent on the users personal knowledge and intellect, then adjusted and filtered through endless amounts of external variables.

This is possible because it relies on manipulation of energy and at the micro level, all matter is composed of energy.

all ritual and theatrics are enhancers, focus points that allow for easier visualization of a process to be put into action.
>>
>>19215283
>>19215293
Why don't you just take magic mushrooms and then cast the spell?

Did anyone ever try that?
>>
>>19215264
I think it would be best if you returned to your ball earth brethren on /sci/
>>
>>19215300
>Why don't you just take magic mushrooms and then cast the spell?
From the creators of drunk driving and taking LSD at the shooting range: casting fireballs while on shrooms.
>>
Well, not every spell requires all that stuff, it depends on what you want to get.

One of the reasonings behind that kind of stuff is that doing something must produce something similar: for instace, vudu is about that, you make things to a doll representating someone to somehow affect that someone.
>>
>a materialist trying to understand the non-material with material reasoning
>>
>>19215623
There has to be logic in any kind of system. Therefore, logic wins.
>>
>>19215623
>its magic, I aint gotta explain shit
what even is "material reasoning"? It is just reasoning and being able to communicate a concept. I am pretty sure someone here must know at leat enough about this stuff to be able to explain it
>>
File: magic_help_dogge.jpg (77KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
magic_help_dogge.jpg
77KB, 500x667px
>>19215264
Different types of magics have different types of internally consistent systems with rules and hypothesis (beliefs).

One system believes that humans are multidimensional creatures, that have lost touch with their higher dimensions. These higher dimensions are the source of THIS dimension's physicality. A change made there will cause a change here (eventually). Trying to control your higher dimensional body is like having an extra arm that you can't see, or feel, and is weak from lack of use; And then trying to use said arm to move an object.

Ritual Magic is just a psychological trick to focus the mind on affecting a higher dimension. You could probably get a better result by reading "Creative Visualization" by Shakti Gawain.

Note, that some summoning magics are actually contact protocols established by inderdimensional treaty long ago, but the chances of you finding the correct protocols in any book (or the internet) are ZERO.
>>
File: what_the_fuck_am_a_reading.png (416KB, 500x672px) Image search: [Google]
what_the_fuck_am_a_reading.png
416KB, 500x672px
>>19215821
>some summoning magics are actually contact protocols established by inderdimensional treaty
>>
>>19215264
Nice. A DIY bong. Thanks Anon.
>>
Remember what Peter Pan said. You just need to believe.
>>
>>19215264
well if your talking about ritualism (what pic related seems to imply) then just look it up theres literally thousands of books on it

if you mean spells in general well there is no "proscribed way" to perform spells its part phisical part mental and part spiritual
>>
>>19215264
You could summon Death itself with 2 small bits of wood and an egg, but the ritual loses a lot of its gravitas, you know?
It's just easier to get in the right mind and mood with all that weird shit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.