[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here managed to create the magnum opus described in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

Has anyone here managed to create the magnum opus described in the emerald tablets, either physically or spiritually? Has anyone here been visited by Poimandres?
>>
>>19215214
Uhm what?
>>
Shut This Down
RIGHT NOW
>>
>>19215214
please do elaborate
>>
>>19215216
If you don't understand you don't understand and therefore you have not.

You should read the Corpus Hermeticum and Emerald Tablets of Thoth
>>
Do Not Elaborate.
There Is A Reason.
You Don't Want To Know.
>>
File: 686.jpg (83KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
686.jpg
83KB, 680x650px
>>19215214
Yup. Last Tuesday in fact, if you must know.
>>
>>19215235
sausagefest
>>
>>19215227
any smart person would know not to tell someone not to do something, only makes it more tempting.
>>
>>19215235
Right on, I'm working on it spiritually, but I feel like I've got a long way to go to get to the point where I can be recapitulated into the All, but I've been making serious progress
>>
>>19215239
Any person that is truly smart would see I'm enticing on porpouse without giving actual information
>>
>>19215214
Magnum opus means the great work. It is a magicians road towards uniting his conciousness with the All. To attain enlightement a magician searches his inner self for a true goal - an idea that reflects his true will, something truly worth doing. For some its their buisness, for others their rapping careers, but whatever a mage chooses to represent his path towards wisdom, by focusing his life on a single, noble(subjectively) goal he learns the secrets of life and becomes greater in all fields. From one know all.
>>
>>19215227
I kind of don't in a way, I'm currently on the path and for the time being it seems like the best thing for me to do is work out the intricacies of the symbolism of the emerald tablet and other hermetic source texts on my own, I'm just curious as to how many people out there are currently pursuing the hermetic path to enlightenment and how far they are. I don't really live in a place where there are many people I can discuss these things with so why not post about it on a sumerian stone engraving forum, y'know?
>>
>>19215225
no thanks
>>
>>19215214
Seek out a pdf called the book of aquarius, it takes 3 years to make a philosopher stone out of piss
>>
>>19215446
fag
>>
>>19215214
I know someone that did it physically.

They ate it and all their hair fell out, nails started dying and a lot of sickness.
>>
File: Aleksandr Litwinienko.jpg (59KB, 780x360px) Image search: [Google]
Aleksandr Litwinienko.jpg
59KB, 780x360px
>>19215517
I also know man like that.
>>
>>19215517
The issue with physical alchemy is that everything is communicated through a dense layer of symbolism, so if you don't read it exactly, you're gonna pretty much drink hot mercury and sulfur. Spiritual/mental alchemy doesn't really run the risk of dying or going insane, and lays the groundwork for accomplishing the first few steps of enlightenment.
>>
>>19215454
>it takes 3 years to make a philosopher stone out of piss

dude wat
>>
>>19215225
>Emerald Tablets of Thoth
fake bullshit written by some new age faggot. get that faggy shit out of here, it's not hermetic at all (or as hermetic as the kybalion: aka not at all).
>>
>>19215919
thank you
>>
>>19216064
Some new age faggot wrote it and that's why translations have been circulating since the 1500s and was popular during the renaissance.
>>
>>19216064

0) When I entered into the cave, I received the tablet zaradi, which was inscribed, from between the hands of Hermes, in which I discovered these words:
1) True, without falsehood, certain, most certain.
2) What is above is like what is below, and what is below is like that which is above. To make the miracle of the one thing.
3) And as all things were made from contemplation of one, so all things were born from one adaptation.
4) Its father is the Sun, its mother is the Moon.
5) The wind carried it in its womb, the earth breast fed it.
6) It is the father of all ‘works of wonder' (Telesmi) in the world.
6a) Its power is complete (integra).
7) If cast to (turned towards- versa fuerit) earth,
7a) it will separate earth from fire, the subtile from the gross.
8) With great capacity it ascends from earth to heaven. Again it descends to earth, and takes back the power of the above and the below.
9) Thus you will receive the glory of the distinctiveness of the world. All obscurity will flee from you.
10) This is the whole most strong strength of all strength, for it overcomes all subtle things, and penetrates all solid things.
11a) Thus was the world created.
12) From this comes marvelous adaptions of which this is the proceedure.
13) Therefore I am called Hermes, because I have three parts of the wisdom of the whole world.
14) And complete is what I had to say about the work of the Sun, from the book of Galieni Alfachimi.

>"not Hermetic"
Bottom jizzle
>>
>>19215214

not in emerald tablets, but a magnus opus of knowledge is coming, and im goign to help x come with me
>>
>>19216064
It was written in the 2nd century AD you twat.

t.actual historian.
>>
>>19217201
It has roots all over the place.
>>
>>19216064
Who inserted a Magnum into *your* Opus, anon?
>>
>>19215454
thanks, looks interesting
>>
>>19215454
This is god tier trolling
>>
>>19215454
The Third Edition has no reference to urine and the prior edition says he was still working on the process. Did this guy purge it all after playong chemist on his piss for a decade?
>>
>>19215214
>emerald tablets
YAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNN
>>
>>19217187
>>19217194
>>19217201
Confusing emerald tablet of Hermes with emerald tablets of Thoth. Good job, dumbasses.
>>
>>19217751
>Hermes & Thoth are separate entities
>>
>>19215235
Those are some sexy ladies
>>
>>19217657
Sorry it's not flat earth, gangstalking, or nofap
>>
for any lost wandering souls it has to be stated that the emeralds tablets of Thoth !== the emerald tablets. one is a lie the other the truth
>>
File: 1498326553204.jpg (2MB, 5543x4088px) Image search: [Google]
1498326553204.jpg
2MB, 5543x4088px
>>
>>19215214
Isn't that cancer?
>>
File: 1444148561690.jpg (36KB, 585x466px) Image search: [Google]
1444148561690.jpg
36KB, 585x466px
>>19215214
The magnum opus is the philosophers stone, the philosophers stone is the culmination on your work and knowledge, in physical form this may be anything
>>
>>19217751
Sorry for not being up on the latest faggotry. The pic refers to Emerald Tablets of Hermes. The Greeks Equated the Egyptian Tahuti/Thoth with Hermes/Mercury.
>>
>>19215214
Yes
>>
>>19219684
Solve et coagula.
>>
>>19218855
>>19220775
You dumb faggots didn't spend THREE SECONDS googling them to find the difference.

Here are the tablets of thoth, aka the new age bullshit written by a memer.
http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald.html
A lot of people on this board think it's a legitimate hermetic writing. It's not.

The emerald tablet of Hermes is 14 lines long.

Seriously if you fuckers can't even google this shit, how will you ever do something infinitely more complex, like the great work? commit sudoku at once.
>>
>>19221068
I knew the short one was the legitimate one, I just mixed up the terminology because the names of works that are too old to still have their original names intact kind of don't matter that much
>>
>>19221068
>You dumb faggot, ya didn't spend THREE SECONDS googling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Tablet

>The text of the Smaragdine Tablet gives its author as Hermes Trismegistus ("Hermes the Thrice-Greatest"), a legendary Hellenistic[1] combination of the Greek god Hermes and the ancient Egyptian god Thoth

If you weren't so obsessed with new age faggotry your mind would have stayed out of the gutter, like the rest of ours did. Perv.
>>
>>19222527
youre literally retarded and your reading comprehension is poor
>>
>>19223106
>If you weren't so obsessed with new age faggotry your mind would have stayed out of the gutter, like the rest of ours did. Perv.
How's your fidget spinner?
>>
>>19223135
>someone recommends the (new age garbage) emeralds of thoth
>someone else calls him out on the fact that it's new age garbage
>a bunch of retards mix up the emerald tablets of thoth with the 14 line tablet of hermes
>guy tries to rectify the situation by pointing out the difference so that no one wastes time reading the new age piece of garbage
>biggest retard (you) thinks that the guy was advocating FOR the new age garbage
how's your 80 iq points working out for you?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.