[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Secrets Lie in Xinjiang? Why Are the Chinese So controling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 16

I know about the Muslims, but even for non muslims, it seems there is something hiding in this place. Also Chinese Secrets/Conspiracy/Military General
>>
>>19214149
>largest jade mines in Asia
>21 million population
>half of the area is extremely fertile.

Pick one
Sage in all fields.
>>
One of the four primary alien bases on earth, mainly a travel hub where they can enter and leave as well as engage in some forms of trade.
>>
>>19214149
There's where they hide evidence of the flat earth.
>>
>>19214198

no Shangri-La or Shambhala?

no secret cults/religions that have mastered astral projection/ pinal gland, aliens or whatever?
>>
>>19214246
That's so dumb. It's where they keep the hollow moon. Obviously.
>>
>>19214263
I'm sorry a mountain range filled with Jade wasn't cool enough.

There are fourteen unique cultures in that area alone, look into it and I'm sure you'll find out about cultural differences in the religions, I think two exclusively lived in high altitudes. Anyways Google it

/spoiler/The Internet is Shambala/spoiler/
>>
>>19214320
What use is jade anyway?
>>
>>19214320

I do know jade mining is huge in Myanmar and that Jade holds its own x tier significant in Asian culture
>>
>>19214149
This is where tha real Jesus was bornist, mi lady
>>
>>19214322
It looks pretty as FUCK. I wish I had jade..
>>
>>19214149

You shoudl also add Kashmir into this thread

there are a number of historical temples of learning. knowledge and homeland of bhuddist and similar religious thoughts, and this isnt even getting into nepal and tibet

something is there for sure
>>
>>19214322
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_jade
>>
Mount Kailash near there?
>>
i've been to Xinjiang. stayed in Urumqi (shithole) and Kashgar (awesome). the day after i left there was some kind of protest / riot shit in the Uighur quarter and they shut off the power to half the city.

also visited Turpan and the cool ancient stone wall ruins around there. forget what all the little cities are called.

anyway there's a lot of interesting weird old culture but i didn't see any proof that "someone" is "hiding" something there. foreigners are free to come and go just like the rest of China, it's not locked down anything like Tibet is. there are policemen with rifles all over the place but that's mainly because the Uighurs aren't crazy about being swarmed and taken over by Han so they're constantly pushing back.

the Han around Beijing have a long-standing cultural tradition of trying to conquer areas around their territory to act as buffer states against invasion and also to plunder them for material resources.

that's not to say there couldn't be something mystical in the area, there's plenty of neat old culture there. i remember there was supposed to be a lake in the mountains with a cryptid along the lines of Loch Ness monster but i didn't make it up there.
>>
They are hiding their people from the rest of the world. This year alone dozens of notes directly from China have been found in clothing in Walmart stores in America just driving horrible work conditions and slave labor. Describing physical abuse for those who would not work long hours
>>
>>19215913
>i didn't see any proof that "someone" is "hiding" something there
Maybe it's because they're hiding it.

>i remember there was supposed to be a lake in the mountains with a cryptid along the lines of Loch Ness monster but i didn't make it up there.
Fuck, really?
>>
>>19216232
>Maybe it's because they're hiding it.

i mean, that makes sense, but by that line of reasoning "they" are hiding something everywhere.

let me say it another way: OP said "it seems there is something hiding in this place". what is it about this place that makes you feel this way? i didn't personally experience that feeling.

a white guy (like me) is literally not allowed to set foot in Tibet without a Beijing-sponsored tour guide. they have checkpoints every 100km or so on all paved highways where you have to show your documents. they have bulletproof glass enclosures every so many blocks on the streets and rooftops in Lhasa where soldiers with machine guns hide. so if you told me China was trying to hide something in Tibet, i'd understand why.

Xinjiang doesn't have most of those restrictions. Beijing doesn't like you taking photos of the cops, but that's about it.

the official / normie explanation is just that it's 1984 over there. Beijing cracks down instantly with an iron fist on anyone who tries to start a protest, and they don't want foreign journalists exposing the crackdowns to the rest of the world. it's also not a completely unreasonable anti-terrorism response to forbid taking photos of police / military since you could be doing recon. there ARE terrorist attacks by seperatists in Xinjiang from time to time, unless those are all false flag ops or something.

they definitely could be hiding something but i think they're mostly trying to hide, from their own people and from the rest of the world, any hints that things might not be "harmonious". they're very big on that buzzword these days and act absolutely terrified of the idea of any kind of revolution or unrest.
>>
>>19216232

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanas_Lake#Lake_creatures

in my experience almost any large lake is going to have a few local rumors of a lake monster. in Tibet at whatever random lake we stopped by i asked the tour guide if there was a legend about a lake monster and he said "of course!"

i threw a rock in the lake and shouted for the monster to come out and battle me, but nothing happened.
>>
File: ancient city.jpg (125KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ancient city.jpg
125KB, 960x720px
one of the ancient cities near Turpan. i think this was Jiaohe but it might have been Gaochang. i don't document my trips well because i'm a dumbfuck.
>>
File: ancient city 2.jpg (89KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ancient city 2.jpg
89KB, 960x720px
apparently the depression around Turpan is one of the lowest elevations on Earth (second to the Dead Sea).

very hot (around 40C when i was there in July - did i mention i'm a dumbfuck?)
>>
File: donkeybro.jpg (183KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
donkeybro.jpg
183KB, 960x720px
this dude gave me a ride into Kashgar after i helped him catch his runaway donkey cart. he was stopped next to the highway taking a piss and the donkey took off to chase me for some reason. he was running behind trying to pull up his pants and shouting. nothing to do with /x/ but it's still a good story
>>
>>19216341
PRC sounds like a fucking scary place to live. You take any pics btw?
>>
>>19216422
>You take any pics btw?
posted that before i refreshed, disregard

posted that before refreshing
>>
>>19214237
cool, I'm awaiting your sources as you seem so confident about this!

....you don't have any...do you?
>>
>>19214265
fake, moon is a hologram! Newb
>>
File: prayer flags.jpg (167KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
prayer flags.jpg
167KB, 960x720px
>>19216422

if you're not interested in making a ruckus, the government isn't interested in you.

if you're a local ethnic minority and you aren't happy about the flood of Han taking over your streets, it's pretty fucking hopeless.

anyway i'll try to stick to pics that are vaguely spiritual / mystical / spoopy since we are on /x/ and not /trv/. in some Himalayan mountain pass i think at 4000 meters? we hung prayer flags across the highway.

you've probably seen these on a hippie's house in your city. the deal is that you write the names of loved ones on them and when the wind blows and the flags flutter it sends prayers to Buddha for them.
>>
>>19216438
you should totes make a thread on /trv/ dude, these pics look cool
>>
File: lama palace.jpg (172KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
lama palace.jpg
172KB, 960x720px
Dalai Lama's palace in Lhasa. owning a photograph of his face or a copy of one of his books is a crime. they are trying to stamp out all knowledge of the original Lama and make the Tibetan Buddhists worship the Beijing-appointed replacement dude. in time no one will have been born who remembers the old country.

on the other hand, it is fair to point out that the old Tibetan government was a stale monarchy, oppressive to women, bad technology, low literacy, etc. the Chinese have legitimately upgraded the country to 20th century standards, at the expense of its soul. they can't figure out why Tibetans aren't grateful.

that's about it for photos that are even tangentially /x/-related. hope i didn't derail the conversation.
>>
>>19216341
I've been to Tibet.

It's a terrible place. Rural areas are very nice. If you go to a big city, everything is dystopian, Han controlled, very bizarre appropriation of Tibetan culture. The truth is Xinjiang and Tibet are probably experiencing huge underground resistance funded by CIA. That was always something thaf seemed to be a bogeyman in China, foreign cults and counter-revolutionaries in the western areas. I had a very loose, corrupt, and shady guide while I was there so we talked at length about all sorts of taboo subjects. He was especially interested in Falun Gong and thought their treatment was extreme but fair. We talked about organ harvesting and he told me about his own theories, that prisoners of all kinds probably get harvested so Falun Gong wasn't a special target. He also seemed to think that Ai Weiwei was trying to destroy Chinese way of life.
>>
>>19216484
something that's always confused me, how do they expect to stamp out everything about the dalai lama but keep up potala palace?
>>
>>19216509
People and their beliefs can't be negated and manipulated, the bricks don't care.
>>
>>19216505

i agree with your take on Tibetan cities. Lhasa's old quarter was still pretty cool, interesting stuff going on, somewhat authentic. the rest of the city was garbage.

Xigatse was just complete garbage. maybe half a block with an old street market and a few stores that seemed Tibetan. everything else was a shitty copy of every other modern city in China. very sad.

i got away from my tour guide at night in Lhasa and ate some local food, shopped a little. it did almost seem like there could be a resistance movement. locals seemed suspicious and guarded. you wonder how much is because you're a tourist and they want your money but not your white face, or how much they're wondering if you are a foreign journalist or something and could help them smuggle something in / out. definitely an odd atmosphere. i would have really liked to find some way to stay there and get to know what was real and what was bullshit.

ultimately i suppose it's none of my business and nobody over there needs another white guy trying to tell them what to do, well-meaning or not.
>>
>>19216509

they've got their own Dalai Lama in there. he just isn't THE Dalai Lama.

they haven't demanded people stop being Buddhist. the temples are in use, pilgrims come to Lhasa and walk around in circles spinning prayer wheels and chanting. they're just supposed to believe the Beijing puppet Lama is the correct Dalai Lama because he's a political leader as well as a spiritual one.
>>
>>19216584
One can only wonder what will happen when the real dalai dies. I know there is a process to look for his incarnation, do you think the Chinese will do it and what will happen with the kiddo once they find him?
>>
>>19216149
More on this desu?
>>
>>19214149

They want to keep it tight to maintain geopolitical influence in the rich areas of Central Asia (They have a shit-ton of untapped resources, especially Afghanistan). The Chinese see it as their backyard, and are competing with Russia and to a lesser extent, America for control and favor among the backwards 'stans.

Colonize it with Han, establish greater control over it, and they maintain a stable pipeline to the resources of the Middle East/Central Asia overland via the New Silk Road. This mitigates some concerns over maritime routes/disputes.

This conflicts with Russia, who views the 'stans as their zone of influence, and relies upon China as an export market for oil/gas. The US obviously does not want more Chinese influence in the ME/Europe, and seeks their containment.

In regards to /x/-tiet stuff, it's possible there are occult secrets still hidden among the mountains.
>>
File: Manichaean Jesus.png (346KB, 380x394px) Image search: [Google]
Manichaean Jesus.png
346KB, 380x394px
>>19214149
Before the Uighurs converted to Islam they had Manichaeism, a institutionalized, universalized form of gnosticism as their established church. After their empire in modern-day Mongolia was destroyed by the Kirghiz in 840, they went westward and established two rump states in modern Xinjiang with lasted for some 400 years until they were swept up by the upheavals of the Mongols. Persecuted out of existence as a Christian heresy in the Roman Empire, a Zoroastrian heresy in Persia, and a Buddhist heresy in China, all we had to rely on this world religion were largely the reports and hearsay of Christian Patristic polemicists and Persian Muslim historians until a 1900s Prussian expedition to the Taklamakan unearthed remnants of their texts and gave us a first-hand insight into the only true Gnostic world religion, has ever known, .
>>
>>19216413
Nice man!
>>
>>19216435
>a hologram that was being projected for countless thousands of years
>>
>>19217052
there is a history of reincarnations dying young from "mysterious circumstances", the ones that do make it into old age seem to always be the corrupt ones
>>
>>19216435
It's a hollow-gram
>>
>>19216413
He seems like he has a good heart.
>>
>>19217212
>Mani's teaching dealt with the origin of evil, by addressing a theoretical part of the problem of evil by denying the omnipotence of God and postulating two opposite powers. Manichaean theology taught a dualistic view of good and evil. A key belief in Manichaeism is that the powerful, though not omnipotent good power (God), was opposed by the semi-eternal evil power (Satan). Humanity, the world and the soul are seen as the byproduct of the battle between God's proxy, Primal Man, and Satan.

Very, very interesting.. Thank you for sharing. I will be reading about this.
>>
Chinese women are rude..
>>
File: Flaming-Mountains-of-Turpan.jpg (69KB, 664x497px) Image search: [Google]
Flaming-Mountains-of-Turpan.jpg
69KB, 664x497px
local folklore: the Flaming Mountains have some colorful stories.

the local Uighur story for their creation is that they are red with dragon blood.

the famous Chinese myth is that Sun Wukong set them on fire during the story of Journey to the West. Xinjiang is the region Xuanzang and pals passed through on his quest to spread Buddhism from China to the rest of Asia.

Dragonball retold this story with a literal mountain of fire blocking the Ox King out of his home (Goku represents Sun Wukong, the Monkey King, for most of the first story arc, until the show evolves to be all about kung fu.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_Mountains
>>
>>19214149
Literally aliens.
>>
File: l_mummyx600.jpg (56KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
l_mummyx600.jpg
56KB, 600x398px
Other anons have already went into the social and political parts really well, and this is just some more garnish to it: the Tarim mummies. They are certainly Indo-European in origin, and some of the clothes that they wore matched those found in Austria around the same time. They think that they might have been the ones who introduced the chariot to China, and are also the supposed Tocharian people, whose language and culture is still mostly unknown.

The existence of these mummies shake China's historical claims to the region.
>>
>Nickelodeon china
>>
>>19221066
Not bad looking for a man who died in 1000 B.C.
>>
File: origins-witch-hat.jpg (116KB, 1078x516px) Image search: [Google]
origins-witch-hat.jpg
116KB, 1078x516px
>>19221079
One of these mummies was wearing a hat. Supposedly a priestess, some scholars have postulated that Indo-European priestesses all wore pointy hats. Does this explain why the common perception of witches in the West are magician women wearing pointy hats?
>>
File: indo-european priestess mummy.jpg (177KB, 866x1300px) Image search: [Google]
indo-european priestess mummy.jpg
177KB, 866x1300px
>>19221085
And here is another very well preserved mummy of an Indo-European priestess.
>>
>>19216149
This soudns extremely interesting, you say that wallmart clothes act as bottled messages for the chinese underage labour, that has lost all hope under the heartless capitalist society.
>>
>>19221085
The word for a witch, wizard, or shaman is wu (巫).
>>
File: ley lines.jpg (133KB, 608x591px) Image search: [Google]
ley lines.jpg
133KB, 608x591px
>>19214149
Ley Lines might interest you. There are people who claim that important spiritual sites like megalithic sturctures, major temples, tombs and monuments, places where generally weird paranormal shit happens; are all geometrically aligned with each other in a planetary energy grid. A few of those lines would have to pass through Xinjiang.
>>
File: page_20.jpg (114KB, 959x654px) Image search: [Google]
page_20.jpg
114KB, 959x654px
>>19221910
I hope you have an at least preliminary grasp of linguistics before you start implying words that begin with the same sound and have the same meaning in two random contemporary languages have a common origin or link. The Middle Chinese form of 巫 is mɨo. Try again.
>>
>>19222255
Ok, the Mandarin is wu. I should have been more specific. Cantonese is mou. I know the Chinese speak a bunch of languages, since it's something I like quite a bit.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.