[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does no horror game go balls to the wall batty anymore? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Why does no horror game go balls to the wall batty anymore? The last I remember it was Silent Hill 2 that did that and it was one of the best horror games of all time.

No horror games where the walls of the world could be made of the rotting skulls of the damned, the vinyl records screeching the songs of lunatics and on the face of every NPC marks of sorrow and marks of woe. It's all just Amnesia clones or just dull jump scares.

I wish I could make my own but I am a useless fag.
>>
>>19212234

The video game industry is very similar to the movie industry -- They both tend to follow the trends, because they want to recoup their investment. This is because these industries are by and large *for profit*, while even most of the indie folks are doing that very same thing. Most dev companies blow out a ridiculous budget for shiny trinket bullshit instead of having depth or soul to their games, so it appeals to the autists who want 4k res on their uber-leet pc. The closet game I can recall that's "horror'ish" and relatively new is The Binding of Isaac (And Rebirth/Afterbirth/etc). Even that is dampened down with a cartoony style to make it more palatable to a larger group of people, though. Basically the problem is everybody is trying to make a buck and horror weirdos just aren't a big enough demographic to warrant the development of a *real* horror game.
>>
Dude i'm allready spooked when i play Destiny and i get to an area where its dark and have to use my flashlight...
>>
>>19212234
The older games were scary as fuck because they were low resolution/graphics and your brain filled in the details itself. Like how the unseen monster inspires more fear than one on screen
>>
>>19212234
I thought SOMA was pretty creepy
>>
>>19212464
agree
>>
>>19212234
Check out Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube, you might like this. Easily my favorite horror game ever.
>>
>>19212464
Also you were younger and more likely to use you imagination to fill in details and become immersed in the game.

Take any horror game and give it to a kid that was the same age as you playing silent hill. Theyll be shitting their pants

You're an adult, things arent as scary for you, especially since you've probably played lots of horror games. I don't play horror games, they make me uneasy, so I'm probably more likely to get scared by a modern game than you are

Or give trying to scare yourself a break for a little while. The brain and emotional system lose sensitivity to such stimuli eventually
>>
SH2 was super comfy tho except 2-3 parts. In comparison I found SH4 much more unnerving but wtv, 2 is one of my favorite games.

I suggest you try the Siren series. It feels handcrafted and like a "spiritual creation" rather than those games that are centered around jumpscares. Like the aim of its creator wasn't to trigger reactions but to depict a dark universe.
>>
>>19212482
SOMA, the game where you play as a pair of pants inhabited by ghosts.
>>
Condemned criminal origins. Launch game for the 360 had a way of getting under my skin
>>
>>19212296
The only part I remember of Destiny is the first mission... the one where there was actual creativity involved.

>>19212289
So why don't indie games make more real horror games? The niche market could even turn them a profit.

>>19212464
Like Halloween NES game? That game was pretty scary.

>>19212482
Never played it. All I know is that you cybersex an AI walkie talkie.

>>19212490
May I ask why it's so good?

>>19212531
So, I ask you; how do you make a horror game for adults?
>>
>>19212234
So Amnesia is a bad game? I liked it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.