[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to have a Kali general thread? I've seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9

File: kalimaryzupa.jpg (21KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
kalimaryzupa.jpg
21KB, 194x259px
Is it possible to have a Kali general thread?

I've seen a few people mention Kali in various threads, was wondering if anyone was actually a devotee or had experiences with the "Dark Mother?"
>>
File: kalizupa.jpg (274KB, 653x870px) Image search: [Google]
kalizupa.jpg
274KB, 653x870px
Didn't realize my pic was so shitty and small, self bump with better quality.
>>
File: kali.png (2MB, 1913x1473px) Image search: [Google]
kali.png
2MB, 1913x1473px
>>19212190
>I've seen a few people mention Kali in various threads, was wondering if anyone was actually a devotee or had experiences with the "Dark Mother?"

I got digits when mentioning Kali once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slwVHsJJdfk
>>
>>19212269
I'm not sure what you mean by digits, but that's an interesting pic and good cover.

There are still cults in India that practice sacrifice to Kali, but I'll be the first to admit I didn't know the story of her killing thieves. However I've read before that she adores "childlike" devotees.
>>
File: ammoru.jpg (15KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
ammoru.jpg
15KB, 305x165px
Bumping with Ammoru, an Indian movie that has a Kali-like goddess in it. Ending is the best part, the chick lights her hands on fire trying to summon the mother goddess to save them. After Ammoru kills the bad guy she morphs into a child.
>>
>>19212190
She was invoked as part of the second of three ayahuasca ceremonies I attended in the Sacred Valley of Peru using mantra and offerings of food sacred to her. She is huntress of ego, pure kundalini energy. Apparently she gives great hugs. Her fearsome appearance is a front to bring your fears and attachments to the surface so that she can cut them away. Her counterpart is Shiva. If Kali is kundalini energy, Shiva is the chakra system.

While I didn't have what I would describe as a direct experience with her, a few others did claim to meet the godess in visions. One woman experienced her as a great spider, which she embraced/cuddled with. My experience that night was more abstract. If she appeared at all, it was as an infinite blue-black ocean of sick and shit and rot that kept trying to get me to embrace it, to "breathe it in." I got too scared to commit.
>>
>>19213500
Interesting you use the imagery of a defiled river there. The Ganges River, named after the goddess Mother Ganga. It is one of the chief religious symbols of India, and as a result millions travel to it on religions pilgrimages every year. As a result of this mass migration it has become one of the most polluted, if not THE most polluted river on the planet. Apart from a physical representation, the river polluted river you saw could symbolize Kali herself as the vampiric (for lack of a better term) goddess she is known as in India. The story of Kali's birth begins with her defeating a monster who replicates itself with its blood by sucking up all of its blood. So she is often seen as not only the receptacle but the filter of the piss and shit of the world. Kind of cool you saw her as such if so.
>>
File: IMG_20170201_210010_01.jpg (2MB, 2610x2057px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170201_210010_01.jpg
2MB, 2610x2057px
>>
File: Kaali defends Jadabharata.jpg (118KB, 607x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kaali defends Jadabharata.jpg
118KB, 607x800px
>>19212257
Interesting. That's a very Catholic-influenced pic of Kaali.

>>19212310
>There are still cults in India that practice sacrifice to Kaali
If you mean people killing humans, I'm going to call bullshit without proof. Even in history, this likely refers to the Thugees. While this group has often been associated with Kaali, Thugees were just as likely to be Muslim, and those that were Hindu rarely held different beliefs than non-Thugee Hindus. The Thugee cult was primarily focused on money, not religious motivation, although as with most cults the two are hard to separate.

>I'll be the first to admit I didn't know the story of her killing thieves
The story of Jada Bharata from the Bhagavat Purana?

>>19214052
That looks like Varaha, the boar avatar. Are you sure that pic is of Kaali?
>>
File: IMG_20170201_210031_01.jpg (2MB, 2610x2038px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170201_210031_01.jpg
2MB, 2610x2038px
>>19214133
I quite frankly don't know, all the blue multi armed indian gods look the same.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170628-100454_01.png (3MB, 1080x1501px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170628-100454_01.png
3MB, 1080x1501px
>>19214133
You're right about that, that writing in the top translates to "barahaavatar"- it's written in gurmukhi, although I can't really understand the rest.
>>
Oh fun, I can test my iconography. Is the second one Dhanvantari? The winged horse is throwing me off a bit. That could either be Ucchaisrava, the divine horse that appeared during the churning of the ocean, or just a "special" horse used in an Asvhamedha (horse sacrifice). If the latter, I would think that is Rama, or Parasurama.
>>
>>19214284
The second one translates to "nehkalanki" or the "kalki avatar"
>>
File: Dasavatar,_19th_century.jpg (40KB, 650x159px) Image search: [Google]
Dasavatar,_19th_century.jpg
40KB, 650x159px
>>19214314
>kalki
Well now I just feel stupid. Of COURSE he'd have the horse. I wonder why he's shown as blue, though? Kalki is definitely depicted as white in the Bhagavat and Kalki Puranas.
>>
>>19214350
Well, can't really say why, but maybe it's the artists perspective, that book is a bit controversial one, it's the only surviving handwritten copy maybe written around 15-16 th century.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.