[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Familiar places/people in dreams? I have a few. >Recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: a1783019177_10.jpg (404KB, 1191x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1783019177_10.jpg
404KB, 1191x1200px
Familiar places/people in dreams?
I have a few.

>Recently I have been visiting another version of my area. it's like where I live, same topology, but it's way wilder. It's a sandy-beach-forest. Giant pine trees everywhere, sandy roads and tiny tracks that lead to the beach.
>It actually looks like how my parents describe the area when they were young.
>South from my place there's this old tiny house, all made of dark wood, tangled in rootweedss old windows and rusty doorknobs because of the salty air. the painting is going off, it looks a bit like a Hobbit's hole.
>In this house lives 3 people, a young lad, his sister and their mother.
>I've been friend with them since forever. It's been a while since I didn't visit each other, we hug and hang out all day with the rest of the gang.
>I think girl and I always have secretly been in love with each other.
>We explore the forest, jump in the sea, just play all day just like old times. Really happy to see them again.
>Times passes, gang splits with smile, I wave at them, cya tomorrow.
Thing is, I never met them IRL. I have no idea who they are, they don't match with real life people I know. I went back there a second night. it was soothing

>When I was a kid, I use to visit a splendid city by the coast. It looked like a mix between Balamb from FF8 and the city from Tales of EarthSea. Except very colourful and mozaics everywhere.
I know this place like my pocket I visit it very often, love this city.
Then I stopped going there.
Then:
>A few years ago I had this dream where I some kind of Lara Croft, we were a team of adventurers and accessed quests by exploring worlds through ancient portals. It was like giant Monoliths that get you into different universes, worlds, times. It's a Hub. A very old one.
In this dream there was actualy a portal leading to this fucking city. It had changed. I knew it without knowing it (I wasn't myself in this dream).
I noticed it was modernized, new building, I even went Karting. it was fun
>>
bmup
>>
>>19205535
>it's like where I live, same topology, but it's way wilder.
I get stuff like that. I have a recurring town with similar buildings and locations to places I've lived IRL.

It's just how your memories combine, is all. Not very supernatural.
>>
File: images-3.jpg (9KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
9KB, 223x226px
I have dreams of tornados like all the time for some reason, I don't even live in a country where you get them.
>>
There are 4 places I visit regulary with 3 other that stayed in my memory.

Place one: A mansion that morphes and changes the room layout and amount of people. Very vanilla,nothing special.

Place two: A water station akin to a big mall. Sometimes I visit this place to get information on my contracts.

Place three: My grandmas place. here I have the best and the worst dreams. SOmetimes, Im just relaxing, jumping fromgreat heights into water. And sometimes, Im running from a curse protecting my loved ones.

Different places.
Morphin,changing cities. Sometimes very small but full with details, sometimes as big as moscow less detailed but full with interesting architecture. Those often imply action scenes.

Lonely farmhouses. Only once. (horroish)
Military points: once or twice (horroish)
Lost/decaying cities full of entities (horroish/survival)
Small viallages (horroish/survival)

My dreams are often slice of life or horror/terror. I actually enjoy them all. Sometimes I have clairvoyant dreams but the conncetion to a person must be strong for them to trigger. Other clairvoyance I get in form of impulses throughout the day.
>>
There's always familiar places. I rarely recognize any people. In fact, there's almost never any people from real life. The locations in my dreams connect closer and closer together the more I have them. There are specific places that I have visited in countless dreams that continue to appear. Sometimes when they appear the memories of the old dreams rise from my subconscious and I am reminded of something important to me. Quite often when I'm dreaming I'll recognize the location in the middle of the dream and it will effect the outcome and path, or my decision making. Among all of the locations there are more than a few that stand out, and they're all horrible locations where my nightmares play out. There's the neighborhood that doesn't exist that was built and shaped by the dream world wishing itself into existence again and again until it took solid form and took on a life of it's own. I hate that place, because it is always a horrible experience. The monsters hide in human skin.The neighborhood is surrounded by a forest full of creatures that come out at night and there's a very long road. The road has many doors and one of them leads to a large mansion owned by a wealthy family. Sometimes I ride my bike down there and visit, but it's very uncomfortable and intense inside of there, it feels like you're boiling alive or suffocating. They also turn into monsters at night, in many different ways. When the house first came to me it was it's own nightmare and the family kept coming back from the dead. I would stab them, decapitate them, cut off their limbs, gouge out their eyes, turn them into mincemeat, all manners of violence, and they would never stop coming. I remember dogs ripping me apart and eating my flesh and my knife skinning them alive. I could see skeletons swimming through the air like flying fish. By the end the house had become like a forest made out of flesh, and I had become a rabid animal that only knew how to kill. I woke up exhausted.
>>
>>19205924

Do you sometimes experience power over that places? Being able to push through your task with little to no effort? Or are they alwayas taxing as you have described?
>>
>>19205941
They are always completely and utterly 100% taxing and powerless. Another place that I visit often that drives me crazy is a music box. The music box will appear randomly throughout other dreams and once the music begins to play I am slowly sucked up into the music box until I find myself inside of it. The notes haunt me. Once inside there are wooden walls, wooden desks, wooden chairs and wooden floors. It is like a maze made out of wood with an endless amount of rooms, all consisting of anti-gravity qualities. The rooms each have a floating teacher and students in attendance. It is hard to walk around or do anything. When I arrive inside the music box I have a paper detailing my schedule and I desperately try to get from one class to another despite the fact I have no idea where I am or why I am. I try to read the paper over and over but I can never comprehend it. Each bell is a different musical note. I will try and ask people for help but they look at me like I'm crazy and brush me off. I arrive late to all of the classrooms and the teachers grow angrier and angrier by the day due to my negligence. There are monsters wearing human skin in this place as well. Some of the rooms contain knowledge I have no recollection of learning, like being able to speak and understand languages I never learned. I eventually give up and succumb to helplessness and the teachers send me to a Colosseum consisting of millions of doomed people sitting in bleachers spanning across thousands of miles with one teacher who is inaudibly screaming into a microphone at the center of the arena and writing down stuff on a tiny microscopic blackboard. You're not allowed to leave until you pass. I meet strangers that return in that part of the dream. We join together and try to overthrow the dream organization and when night time comes 1/3 of the Colosseum turns into monsters and attack everybody. We hide in a shack and one by one, each of us die in a different order each time.
>>
>>19206132

kick ass

You have a dream journal or sth?
>>
>>19206199
Nope I used to keep one but it eventually backfired and gave me extreme insomnia. I started wishing nightmares into existence by writing about things I had experienced in detail, and the more I wrote about something in particular the more it returned in my dreams. Eventually I got stuck on an island every single night for months full of extremely fast nightmare creatures that crawled out of the ocean at night and surrounded the island. Every night I tried my hardest to save everybody. I had to learn the hard way what the best paths were, what objects did what and where everyone was. Eventually I realized warning them backfired and it was better to go for the objects. First I'd visit the abandoned hospital and pull the needles out of the smiling doll, causing it to rain, which allowed me more room for error by masking my sound from the creatures which had bad eye sight and stellar hearing capabilities. Sometimes this part would fail and I would see a frozen man hanging from the corner of the ceiling and get sleep paralysis. If it worked I would crawl across the tree line of the forest towards the school, sneak into the back entrance and wait for this one specific crawler to drift away while hiding underneath the staircase. Sometimes this part would fail if thunder struck in my direction and it would run straight for me, grab the inside of my throat and pull my head in opposite directions with both hands until my skull split in half and my teeth snapped out. If it drifted far enough away, I could sneak across, grab the bike out of the bush and drag it into the road. The only choice then would be to pedal full speed ahead into the depths of the forest towards the ocean. If I don't interact with anyone the future hermit version of me who built the ramp finds me and we zoom down the mountain, up the ramp and try to make it across the ocean onto the bridge. We never make it and die gruesomely by getting ripped apart in the ocean and drowning in our own blood.
>>
>>19205834
possibly yes, it's still interesting to notice. I wasn't reffering to something absolute paranormal, but dreams are weird enough to be discussed here.
I like the idea of really travelling to those places though. Who the knows for real.
>>19206132
wow man
>>
File: 1493509744537.jpg (39KB, 700x666px) Image search: [Google]
1493509744537.jpg
39KB, 700x666px
>>19206328

Sounds like something out of a stephen king novel. Especially the manipulation of the cycles thing. Do yo happen to have your old dream book and want to make some copies? It seems im into reading that kind of stuff
>>
Desi Drive
>>
File: 1427509750146.jpg (72KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1427509750146.jpg
72KB, 300x300px
>>19205535
has anybody had any luck setting up dream worlds for lucid dreaming?
I have locations I want to explore (both real and ones ive made up in my head or seen online or on tv) and I cant make them come to fruition. When I dream, even if I realize im dreaming, I just have to roll with what im doing or else I try to change it, push it too far and wake up
>>
Does anyone remember years ago when anon posted a map centered on a lighthouse, and other anons added to it?
>>
>>19208011
have you ever tried looking at your hands or doing a 360? it keeps you from waking up.
>>
I'm so desperate guys, I'm getting almost vision like places, not in dreams but sometimes ill be playing a game and ill get something akin to a flashback to places that I remember almost so vividly they're like memories, but there is no way they could be memories, at least not from this life, but the reason I'm asking is because I need to know if there's a way I can see them better, any way at all.
>>
>>19208031
OP here
Please describe more, the city I use to go to had a lighthouse, I'm intrigued
>>
>>19208011
For me, it's even worse. When I realize I'm dreaming, It becomes boring.
I have this "wait, I'm flying, this isn't normal" thing and suddently I can't fly anymore.
Hate that shit. Or my dream will get stuck on the most boring time of the dream like "I'm sitting at the table and the plate won't stop falling when I put my ebows on it, just wake up already"
>>
I often dream i'm in this really cute bedroom.
Pink walls, a fluffy rug,lace curtains,fluffy blanket/pillow,stuffed animals, and a computer with Sailor Moon transformation playing in slow motion. And the sky is unnaturally orange.
Sometimes there's a girl on the bed (in her late teen/early 20s??) facing the wall,lying down. Sometimes she rolls out of the closet. I never really see her face close/remember about it and she never hurts me/talks at all/...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.