[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the weirdest, unexplained sound you've heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

What's the weirdest, unexplained sound you've heard that you think was caused by something paranormal?

I've experienced a few, one of them being extremely loud opera/angelic music playing in my room late at night (/mu/ worthy), then I moved house and it happened again - this time near the corner of my room.

In the same house I swapped bedrooms with my Mum, she heard the music too. I then heard a soft voice say "hello" and "Elle" (my name), followed by a deep heavy sigh near me as I was about to sleep.
>>
A screaming sound in my dreams as a child. Like a million people collectively shrieking.
>>
>>19205342

>on holiday to France
>visit the sacre-cœur
>it's sunday, during mass
>in the building is a main room then an altar then a chapel behind it.
>walk through the main room
>look at a giant mural of Jesus on the ceiling
>as I look at him I hear an angelic choir coming from the chapel
>head towards the chapel
>it's through a corridor and as I get closer the sound is more intense
>no one was there

Wtf
>>
>>19205360
that must've been terrifying, do you remember what you saw during those dreams?
>>
I've heard a really loud, booming voice in my head once, when I was in my room in a quiet neighborhood. I cannot recall what it said, but it was very loud and very clear, and it was in english. I rationalize it as me picking up radio frequencies from fillings in my teeth.
>>
FFS OP, keep it to one fucking thread
>>19203467
OP confirmed LARP and faggot
>>
>>19205342
angels singing upstairs accompanied by the smell of burning roses.

three of us heard it.
>>
On christmas eve I heard a almost cartoon-like gulp sound coming from my window in the middle of the night around midnight. There was another sound that was weird, but I don't remember it as clearly. I was around 12 at the time.
>>
I sometime wake up to a loud knock on my door but there will be nobody there or could possibly be made by someone
>>
I hear popping sounds, doors closing and shutting, and sometimes voices through the walls. The strangest thing is that it almost always correlates to my thoughts. Whenever I do it's like my fight or flight response has been activated and I just start walking around my house for minutes even hours trying to find out what it was. Then I get distracted and jerk off now everything is peachy
>>
I often wake up to a loud knock on my door only to find nobody there or cannot be possibly been made by someone because I'm alone.
>>
when I was 12-13 I was up in my room on my bed (prolly beating off) and heard this creepy ass blood curdling scream (sounded kinda like a mountain lion mixed with a hog and something else hella evil) come from my neighbors yard. my window was shut and it was so loud I thought the window was open
>>
It's my tinnitus, the demons are trying to drive me crazy. Help /x/.
>>
File: Impending.jpg (2KB, 88x125px) Image search: [Google]
Impending.jpg
2KB, 88x125px
>>19205363

I remember being in a dark dark room with these huge iron blocks that were attached to the ceiling that would come down upon me if I moved at the wrong time or if I looked directly upwards at them. So I would have to only look indirectly at them. I do remember in some dreams when I looked at these massive iron blocks that looked like teeth, almost like molars, they would come down on me and no matter how fast or far I ran in the end I was crushed. These iron teeth were massive, like the size of a skyscraper. Also the room was dark but had a strange reddish orange hue I remember vividly. I still do have these dreams just not nearly as often as when I was young.
>>
>>19205746

And the screaming was like a constant background noise that drowns out anything else, at least that's how I remember. But it was loud enough to not be able to ignore it. Enough for me to remember how alien-like it sounded to this day. Human screams but like one big constant scream that never changed tone, from many many different people compiled together. Strange.
>>
One of the first times I had sleep paralysis. In my dream I was listening to a police scanner and there was the usual sound of static. Then I heard this really loud descending sound (not sure how to describe it). Kind of sounded like something out of a horror movie. Then my bed started levitating and floated outside my house and was swinging around wildly before coming back to its resting place.

That was almost 20 years ago and I still get a chill down my spine when I think of that sound.
>>
>>19205773

Hey anon, did it sound something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9VMfdG873E
>>
>>19205797

Yeah, kind of like that, only more distorted.
>>
>>19205342
For real just this week this happened;
>get home late at around 1:30 am
>live with parents still so try to be quiet
>need to go to bathroom to undress and refresh
>feel really fucking exhausted almost snoozing
>walk down the corridor to my bathroom
>yet I become very alert and feel strange
>lock door behind me as I enter bathroom
>air feels heavy and dense only way to describe
>quickly wash face undress yadda yadda
>exit bathroom into corridor, feels ominous af
>throwback to being a kid scared of the dark
>fuckn run to my room, close door, nightlight on
>just feel tired again but don't want to sleep yet
>go on phone for some time in bed
>hear very faint voices I can't pinpoint
>alert.jpeg
>trying to listen but there's no more at that point
>live in a semi-detached house
>put it down to neighbours listening to tv/music
>lights off and try to sleep regardless
>on the edge of sleep and consciousness
>I can remember hearing creaking of floorboard
>there is an ever-creaky spot outside my door
>two loud bangs I can attest to on my door
I can say that I was shitting bricks confidently and proudly because as soon as I sat up in bed there is the obvious response of making sure shit is/isn't actually going down and then the stage where you try and explain what happened but sitting up in bed I heard the floor outside relax as if someone stepped away. I stayed up and prayed like a mofo all through to morning because I felt something was wrong.
>>
>be me
>be 13-14
>walking to convenience store at 3am
>small ass midwestern town
>alone because friends are too pussy
>muh curfew
>fuck you niggas, i want a monster drink
>walking on side road in middle of town
>goes over a hill and past some woods
>hear a dog start barking down the street
>makes me jump
>calm my heartrate, squint to find the doggo
>he's on a chain, just move slow
>focused on dog, suddenly hear a fucking terrifying screech from right behind me in the trees
>don't even look, just bolt down the street, nearly tripping on my own feet

monster was good and i got to rub it in their faces

sounded like this though: https://youtu.be/BALqSc9fjdI?t=45

i'm not even kidding in the slightest, make that scream about an octave higher and earsplittingly loud and it sounds exactly like what i heard
>>
>>19205342
When I moved to student halls I'd hear people chatting in the kitchen (next to my room) even when nobody was in there. Plus I heard a male's voice saying random numbers for ten seconds or so in my bedroom.
>>
>>19205850
Could have been a fox or owl
>>
Odd beeping tones I would hear late at night. Thought it was in my head until I noticed the dog messing with her ears when it would happen. Also heard anevil voice say destroy, it was like a robotic growl, impossible to emulate
>>
I used to hear voices all the time. I miss them.

They used to play songs for me. One song they played was the Nirvana song, "I'm so happy, 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head." It was a joke about me hearing voices in my head.

I wish the voices would come back, but I don't hear anything nowadays.
>>
>>19205342
I was praying once. AFAIK nothing happened as a result of the prayer, but at one point during the prayer itself, I almost included a line that would have been incorrect. It would have been false. As I crossed this line in the prayer, there was a hissing sound behind me, like a snake. I heard it, and was not afraid. I knew instantly as one knows things in dreams that there was no snake behind me and no point looking. I dropped the false line from the prayer and continued on.

I've probably heard a weirder unexplained sound at some point in my life, but I'm just sharing the anecdote that came to mind. *shrug*
>>
>>19205362
built in speakers mate, it helps to make more shekels :^)
>>
Heard the sound when you rub your finger around the rim of a crystal cup. My brother just died 2 days prior and my mom, sis and I were at the graveyard picking out the spot he was to be buried. This noise lasted for a good 30-40 secs. Graveyard is near a mesa but have spent my entire life hiking and climbing those mesas and never heard anything like it before or since. We just stood there, filled with hope, joy, love, and knowledge that my brother was there with us and he was OK. Plenty of other weird coincidences during the week of his death but that noise was something that I'll never forget
>>
honestly man ive heard some pretty weird shit but the weirdest ive ever heard was what I can only describe as some kind of invisible gnome band.

I was on my backporch smoking a cigarette really late one night and I heard this music playing in the distance. I noticed that when I turned my head the music would go silent. and then when I turned my head again I heard it for a second and then stopped again. I realized after this happened a few times that the sound was moving. my ears had to be in the right spot and id have to turn my head slowly to be able to follow along at all.

it sounded like some kind of medieval music and I wasn't familiar at all with that sense of melody. it sounded random as hell, with crashing symbals and deep toms for the drums and a shrill but at the same time kind of throaty flute. I say gnome band because I couldn't hear it at the height of my head. I had to incline my head down towards the ground to make it out.

it was like some kind of parade or something. lots of noise.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.