[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /x/ I have a question... Will the technology ever be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: HUcast1.jpg (183KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
HUcast1.jpg
183KB, 1024x768px
Hello, /x/

I have a question...

Will the technology ever be available within the next, let's say, 60 years, for people to become essentially androids? I don't mean like downloading your consciousness to a machine and having a copy of yourself essentially - I mean like fully having your brain lifted out of your body and put into a synthetic one that is fully functional.

If that could happen, I'd want to be like a HUcast from phantasy star online (picture related). I wouldn't have to worry about reproduction or eating, and I could just sort of exist as a needless being. People would respect my powerful glistening frame, and I'd be able to do all sorts of crazy work and get paid for it, too.

What will future androids be like?

Picture related.
>>
If everyone's a robot then it won't exactly be something you'd get marveled over. You be just another cyborg schmuck. Not to mention the upcharge on the fancy cybernetics. Invest in whatever company you think is going to make the first cyborg now, that'll be the only way to afford it.
>>
>>19200497
>Will the technology ever be available within the next, let's say, 60 years, for people to become essentially androids?

Bro, your guess is as good as ours. What kind of people do you think post to these threads? Id guess people that don't have masters degrees in engineering with top jobs at mechanical engineering/robotics companies.
>>
>>19200564
Any plausible speculation is good speculation. I don't think pretty much anyone of any clout posts on /x/.
>>
>>19200583
If I was to speculate, I would say these three things could and should happen.

1) A global technocracy should be born and people will be sold/pushed into the idea to plugging our consciousnesses onto the global network with the ability to upload said modern consciousness to robotic hardware that we could separately buy.

2) A new class will form comprising of mostly the upper-class consisting of a human-android species that would simply dominate all of us because of the fact we are financially inferior and unable to afford the extremely expensive technology. People would accept it and see it as good/not see a problem with it because of automation and currency would likely also be a thing of the past, so most people wouldn't care and would just party their lives away unwillingly creating a situation in which the status quo throws around human depopulation as a plausible solution to human imperfection.

3) As the modern technology advances, so does a counter-revolution against the technology. Religious sects as well as the modern health movement would protest and oppose at all costs against a technocratic authoritarian ruling elite, thus instigating potential wars and conflicts.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.