[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I have the opportunity to have my tarot read and maybe screw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: old church.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
old church.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
So, I have the opportunity to have my tarot read and maybe screw with an Ouija board with friends. Pretty benign stuff, Nothing crazy at all. Just dumb, fun time.

However, there's this one niggling thought in the back of my head; not a strong concern, more a strong curiosity. We'd do this at the place we all work at, that being a theater built into an old church. It's just shy of a century old, it's Spanish-style, no graveyard or anything; it's actually flanked by a lot of houses and the like, the downtown area kind of built around it.

My question is, is there any bad luck or anything there, is that bad juju calling for a curse or whatever the fuck? There's something in the back of my head that says there is, doing tarot in an old church. I mean, it hasn't been a church in a long time, but I've always held to the ethos that if you don't want to be in a horror movie, don't do stupid horror movie shit. This seems like some stupid horror movie shit.

>tl;dr: Is it a bad idea/sacrilegious/going to get you cursed if you do tarot in an old, defunct, haunted church?

>pic semi-related, looks somewhat like it, but it's much less fancy and doesn't have a tower
>>
As an individual who has been studying and reading the tarot for twelve years, I can confirm that it's literally just slices of cardboard with pretty illustrations printed on them. Absolutely nothing paranormal about them.

> so why bother with it for ten years

The subconscious mind responds to symbolism (i.e. dreams). That's why.
>>
>>19198101
Fair enough. There's just a stigma, that's all. I do like the "subconscious" aspect of it, too. I suppose Ouija is just cardboard as well, but still, you have to wonder. I've always been odd about things like that on "hallowed" ground. Don't like screwing around in graveyards, either.
>>
A church would not be cursed, except for the fact that it fell into disuse. If you were doing it in a tomb, or a haunted house, probably not good juju.
>>
>>19198512
Well, that's comforting. I'm less concerned about the church itself being cursed, than getting cursed for doing not-so-Christian things in it, though that's really just modern perception and it wouldn't be anything like actually vile. Always just a wonder.
>>
Can't wait to see you getting your cards read expecting some "wow you're one of a kind" thing and been told that you're just a regular jackoff
>>
>>19198065
Make a YT channel about it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.