[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was reading the Bhagavad Gita (an illustrated version) and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: yogi mahasamadhi.jpg (119KB, 602x856px) Image search: [Google]
yogi mahasamadhi.jpg
119KB, 602x856px
I was reading the Bhagavad Gita (an illustrated version) and found this funny new way of becoming an hero. Does anyone have any experience with this method, I would like to mahasamadhi asap
>>
There, now. You will get over the fright of seeing this image for the very first time -but it will be many life times. Congratulations! You are on the right path.
>>
>>19197861
>Does anyone have any experience with suicide?
What the fuck kind of drugs are you on?
>>
>>19197861
I honestly don't think anyone who is capable of doing this, nor interested in this will be on this board.

if you want to learn how to do this you need to achieve spiritual perfection through meditation, prayer, and study of scriptures. that means turn off your computer, never post on the internet again, and focus all your spare time on prayer, and meditation.
>>
>>19198607
I come to this board specifically for these types of topics and the anonymity of describing my experiences and sharing these with like minded people. I would think it would be ok if your having a thirst for this information and not clicking the bs topics about obvious illusions
>>
>>19197861
Breathe in as deep as you can, but leave your mouth and throat open. Fresh air will have access to your lungs without you breathing, you'll be able to “not breath” in this way for longer than you can normally “hold your breath”. But you won't feel a need to breathe in like you normally do. After a few minutes you'll gradually start to hallucinate, lose conciousness, and then you'll die and your open lungs become filled with the heavier carbon dioxide.
>>
>>19197861
Is this the "instant Buddha" thing?
>>
>>19197861
>Does anyone have any experience with this method
Yes, I have actually done it and my lifeless body is mechanically typing this answer out as flies and maggots infest it, AMA
>>
>>19197861
One anon was talking about going to a dmt like world in his consciousness and being welcome to stay and having to releArn about his life to come back to his wife and kid and it felt like an eternity.
>>
>>19197861
If you achieve the state of mahasamadhi, there would be no difference between the physical body being alive and being dead.

Read Chapter 6 again, keep these verses in mind:
> Bg 6.6 — For him who has conquered the mind, the mind is the best of friends; but for one who has failed to do so, his mind will remain the greatest enemy.
> Bg 6.16 — There is no possibility of one’s becoming a yogī, O Arjuna, if one eats too much or eats too little, sleeps too much or does not sleep enough.

>>19198773
>drugs
No temporary, external method or device can give eternal, internal happiness.

> Bg 6.20-23 — In the stage of perfection called trance, or samādhi, one’s mind is completely restrained from material mental activities by practice of yoga. This perfection is characterized by one’s ability to see the Self by the pure mind and to relish and rejoice in the Self. In that joyous state, one is situated in boundless transcendental happiness, realized through transcendental senses. Established thus, one never departs from the truth, and upon gaining this he thinks there is no greater gain. Being situated in such a position, one is never shaken, even in the midst of greatest difficulty. This indeed is actual freedom from all miseries arising from material contact.
>>
I've studied mahasamadhi for around 2 years now. I understand what it is, and how it works, though I haven't committed myself to the process yet. Still a few things I want to do but I bought some land in the middle of nowhere literally for the purpose of moving there and focusing full time on attaining.
>>
>>19198736

I made a mistake when I stated someone interested on the topic won't be on this board, but here's what little knowledge I have to offer.

it comes down to a matter of dedication and understanding. the key aspect to this is Yoga, not the physical exercise, but its true meaning which means union, with what? iono what to call it. the key to doing what you seek is hidden in teachings and symbols in the Gita though. >>19199438
case in point.

the body is a temple to god, that much is clear. there is a holy science to the body in yoga that lets you do these things, and its mostly in breath work. access to past lives in the reincarnation cycle is accessed through breath work, so is achieving samadhi.
>>
>>19198755
kek
>>
>>19198607
>enlightened beings are AS I SAY THEY ARE
>>
Bump for more Gita discussion. Reminder this is NOT a Vaishnava thread. Impersonalists and Mayavadis welcome to share their insights. Not that you need my permission.

>>19201242
While the term enlightenment isn't really a Hindu concept, there are symptoms described in the gita of one who has transcended the material world. Do you disagree with those verses? Here's a few, there are more:

> Bg 2.55 — The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: O Pārtha, when a man gives up all varieties of desire for sense gratification, which arise from mental concoction, and when his mind, thus purified, finds satisfaction in the self alone, then he is said to be in pure transcendental consciousness.

> Bg 6.8 — A person is said to be established in self-realization and is called a yogī [or mystic] when he is fully satisfied by virtue of acquired knowledge and realization. Such a person is situated in transcendence and is self-controlled. He sees everything – whether it be pebbles, stones or gold – as the same.
>Bg 6.9 — A person is considered still further advanced when he regards honest well-wishers, affectionate benefactors, the neutral, mediators, the envious, friends and enemies, the pious and the sinners all with an equal mind.

> Bg 13.28 — One who sees the Supersoul accompanying the individual soul in all bodies, and who understands that neither the soul nor the Supersoul within the destructible body is ever destroyed, actually sees.
>Bg 13.29 — One who sees the Supersoul equally present everywhere, in every living being, does not degrade himself by his mind. Thus he approaches the transcendental destination.
>>
>>19197861
>becoming an hero
becoming a hero
>>
>>19202900
Holy shit you can not be this new
>>
>>19198737
I don't believe you but I'm not going to try it either.
>>
File: holy spirit.jpg (300KB, 800x854px) Image search: [Google]
holy spirit.jpg
300KB, 800x854px
>>19202894
>Is the Gita right guise?
>Of course it is and you know it.
>>
>>19202894
You might have an incomplete understanding. The first verse is describing a desireless state of consciousness. It does not necessarily imply that an enlightened person must always occupy this state.

The second verse speaks directly about the qualities of an enlightened person or a person on the path of enlightenment. It speaks of being fully satisfied. Consider, is it possible to be fully satisfied while also experiencing desire? Of course it is. Is the mind ever free from desire? However, when one is satisfied, one does not find this desire uncomfortable.

The third verse you posted seems to be the one which most directly addresses the criteria of enlightenment. It deals with having transcendental understanding. Surely, if you have this transcendental understanding, it does not matter if you have desire or do not have desire; it does not matter if you are inside or outside of sense enjoyment.
>>
>>19202900

Leave. Just leave. You have LITERALLY no clue.
>>
File: Arjunas-Chariot.jpg (373KB, 610x404px) Image search: [Google]
Arjunas-Chariot.jpg
373KB, 610x404px
>>19205296
I appreciate your musings. Understand the verses I was quoting were not meant to give a complete overview of the Gita. I believe it IS implied that the state of transcendental consciousness is always occupied.

> Bg 2.53 — When your mind is no longer disturbed by the flowery language of the Vedas, and when it remains fixed in the trance of self-realization, then you will have attained the divine consciousness.

The sanskrit words here are niścalā and acalā: unmoved and unflinching.

>Consider, is it possible to be fully satisfied while also experiencing desire? Of course it is.
You answer your own question dogmatically, but you have missed an important aspect of the Gita's teachings: the difference between acting in material and acting in transcendental consciousness.
> Bg 4.19 — One is understood to be in full knowledge whose every endeavor is devoid of desire for sense gratification. He is said by sages to be a worker for whom the reactions of work have been burned up by the fire of perfect knowledge.
>Bg 4.20 — Abandoning all attachment to the results of his activities, ever satisfied and independent, he performs no fruitive action, although engaged in all kinds of undertakings.

> Bg 5.21 — Such a liberated person is not attracted to material sense pleasure but is always in trance, enjoying the pleasure within. In this way the self-realized person enjoys unlimited happiness, for he concentrates on the Supreme.
> Bg 5.24 — One whose happiness is within, who is active and rejoices within, and whose aim is inward is actually the perfect mystic. He is liberated in the Supreme, and ultimately he attains the Supreme.
>>
>>19206226
>Is the mind ever free from desire? However, when one is satisfied, one does not find this desire uncomfortable.
The Gita differentiates between the senses and their flow of information - which it calls "contemplating the objects of the senses" in one verse, and likens to rivers entering the ocean in another.

> Bg 2.62 — While contemplating the objects of the senses, a person develops attachment for them, and from such attachment lust develops, and from lust anger arises.
>Bg 2.63 — From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered, intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is lost one falls down again into the material pool.
>Bg 2.64 — But a person free from all attachment and aversion and able to control his senses through regulative principles of freedom can obtain the complete mercy of the Lord.

Bg 2.70 — A person who is not disturbed by the incessant flow of desires – that enter like rivers into the ocean, which is ever being filled but is always still – can alone achieve peace, and not the man who strives to satisfy such desires.

>Surely, if you have this transcendental understanding, it does not matter if you have desire or do not have desire; it does not matter if you are inside or outside of sense enjoyment.

This is the danger of skipping to chapter 13 without understanding the information beforehand. You cannot ignore the first half of the book and then come to conclusions in the latter half that contradict what was already said. Well, you can, but you cannot say you are doing so on the wisdom and authority of the Gita.

> Bg 5.22 — An intelligent person does not take part in the sources of misery, which are due to contact with the material senses. O son of Kuntī, such pleasures have a beginning and an end, and so the wise man does not delight in them.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.