[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the weirdest shit you've seen whilst dreaming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: image019.jpg (12KB, 271x324px) Image search: [Google]
image019.jpg
12KB, 271x324px
What's the weirdest shit you've seen whilst dreaming?
I personally don't have very interesting dreams and a newfag to /x/ so I'd like to ask, what can I do to give myself dark lucid dreams?
>>
Too much to really even begin

None of it seems weird anymore
>>
>>19197316
Could you give an example of a night terror you've had, if any?
>>
I guess it was the weirdest because it effected my real life directly.. But basically, had a dream one night - in the woods with a small waterfall, a female figure held a trough made of bone to direct the water from the falls for me to drink. It was the most refreshing thing I'd ever tasted, and the taste lingered even after waking. It was completely revitalizing, and spurred me to drop a bad habit.
>>
vividly being placed back during my highschool years or early college years

almost dying due to falling down an endless flight stairs which I saved myself from by jumping in the last minute and suddenly floating
>>
>>19197323
I don't have night terrors. I have what might be considered nightmares sometimes. But they're just more like "dark" dreams with ominous elements. But I enjoy facing the adversaries.

I guess one of the weirdest was a lucid dream where there was one person I couldn't control. First and last time I had that happen. Not sure what that was about, I'm an avid lucid dreamer and have been since childhood, that's why it was strange to me. I knew I should have power over everything but I didn't. Even as I was trying to wake myself up it was difficult to become fully awake. my eyes were hard to open and I was super drowsy like my body kept trying to go back to sleep.
>>
i've had one short night terror in the past involving me lying there as if i had just woken up and there being a sort of stereotypical ghost girl at the end of my bed, i couldn't move or shout or anything because i tried, sort of terrifying desu. lasted about 20 seconds before i actually woke up.

other than that i've just had pretty norman-tier nightmares involving ghosts but nothing particularly frightening.
>>
>>19197307
i saw shadows and monsters chasing down every person that was running away from them, every time they caught one the would be dragged off in to the shadows. it is always night time in these dreams and i am always looking for one of my kids. i went in to a shed because i thought my son was in their but i only found a camera, when i looked at the pictures taken i started screaming.
>mfw i can not remember what was on camera in dream, i don't want to
>>
File: 1452492526981.jpg (251KB, 1920x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1452492526981.jpg
251KB, 1920x1093px
the problem is i no longer dream

>met an old woman who claimed to be a witch
>said she'd palm read my future in exchange for my dreams
>laughed and didn't think anything of it
>i let her
>told me a lot
>mundane, exciting, years of boredom, progressively failing relationship, career ends with automation
>all of it, slowly, is becoming true

she took something else from me, something that helps us dream. now im just living a stagnant existence
>>
Very recently I had a dream where I was taken to an asylum after being chased by police. I befriended a cross-dresser who wanted to leave the facility despite it having everything anyone could ask for. There are alot of blank spots but the last few parts that stick out most are leech like creatures crawling out of my hand, and then I rip the skin off like a glove and the leeches all fall out if my hand like they were hived there. And the end I remember well. I escaped with some girl I befriended. But as I was driving, it was pitch dark outside, I saw an illusion of the headmaster. She said "you escaped for now, but if you do anything again, we will find you."
>>
>>19197307

All my dreams are extremely vivid and take place over a matter hours to days. Much longer time frame than actually sleeping. Have you ever had a dream so long that you had to sleep in it? Sometimes they get so intense/eventful that I wake up exhausted. Anyway, I couldn't possibly pick the strangest thing from a thousand lifetimes.
>>
>>19197391

I've had 2 dreams like that, they were connected but years apart
>>
Recently I had the follow man, he followed me through every scenario I could think of. I would dream of a beach scene, or a forest, and move into it, but he would come next to me. Eventually, I dreamt of everything being pulled away and being in something akin to that endless white matrix room. He said all I was doing was cycling through different screen wipes and there was nothing I could imagine that he couldn't follow me in. He's probably the same type who can pluck particularly powerful thoughts straight from your head instants after their appearance, leaving you knowing you've just been robbed of some important gnosis but clueless to its contents.
>>
i once saw a girl i didn't know on a table without arms or legs when i was 7 or 6 that shit scarred me
>>
Everyone in this thread talking about real normal shit. Don't you guys ever have real weird dreams?

>moving quickly through clouds of vapor
>all different shades of green
>not running, not flying, just moving
>entity explaining all kinds of shit I either can't remember or won't discuss
>break through vapor wall
> still haven't seen the entity communicating only heard it's voice it says "we've reached the crucible, what will you do"
>a chess board spinning slowly in the middle of a "black hole" (was a very slow spiral of vapor or and material that resembles a cross of a nebula and a black hole)

Could go on but I'm sure no one will read any way
>>
>>19197404
>stealing my thoughts preventing gnosis
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, WHEN WILL HE STOP
>>
>>19197438
Yeah but some of us consider the more truly bizarre, personal
>>
File: IMG_1453.jpg (633KB, 2388x1656px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1453.jpg
633KB, 2388x1656px
>>19197307
>>
>>19197307
Just eat tons of melatonin, or sleep constantly. 12hrs+ I usually end up having 3-4 dreams, but I have to wake up every few hours then go back to sleep.
>>
>>19197461
Also, you just don't remember your dreams Anon. It's what happens when you sleep properly(deep sleep). Being able to remember them takes practice. They only write to your short term, it would seem.
>>
>>19197470
I for instance, have insane dreams. Things like getting shot in the head and not dying. Exact copy of everything normal(people and places in my actual life), with some gut wrenching change that startled me awake. Like getting hit by a bus. Occasionally it's totally lucid, I know I'm dreaming. Doesn't make it easy to control though. Honestly, wish I couldn't remember them most of the time.
>>
>>19197442

I don't think it was anything truly important in a general sense imparted to lil ol' me, just important to me perhaps.

But it is undeniably a strange experience to have a thought one second -- one you wouldn't consciously want to let go of (having that much of a sense of its worth - even if just to you) -- and then to feel it vanish. If it never happened to you, well, perhaps you might draw your own conclusions about the quality of your thoughts from that, or you're just fortunate. but yes I do wish it would stop.
>>
>>19197461
>>19197466
>>19197470
Thanks senpai
Has anyone tried any of the dream altering music that can be found on YouTube? Are they just bullshit?
>>
thread is actually:

what do you think is weird cause we can't prove if it was a dream or made up just now anyway.
>>
>>19197521
Kind of but why lie about dreams? Granted, you'll get pathologicals but I mean why else would you even bother and what does it matter if it's someone's actual dream or not?
>>
>>19197307
Every once in a while i'll have a lucid dream. I've also gone directly from consciousness to an out of body dream state. I wake up in the middle of the night quite a bit. Sometimes as I try to fall back asleep there's an intense pressure in my head and it feels like i'm being ripped from my bed. If I just ignore this i'll fall into a normal sleep, but if I try to force myself in the direction being pulled and "break" free I find myself in my room staring at my sleeping body. This is still a dream world though as surroundings are diffrrent than in real life. It's a pretty cool way to induce a lucid dream though since i'm conscious the whole time.
>>
>>19197307
Dreamt that I opened up this wall and inside was a basement. There were cats and dogs sewn together, running about. A monkey saw me watching this strange spectacle and turned towards me. I thought it was going to attack me but it just ran past me and into another room. I felt the need to kill the monkey with a pistol so I summoned a gun. The monkey returned with a suit of armor on and I started shouting. As the monkey began to maul me; I woke up.>>19197323
>>
Lucid dreams and sleep paralysis aside, I had one dream that might sound somewhat normal, but felt insane as hell.

I was in my bathroom looking in the mirror for no reason, then I turned around and I saw a blonde woman with those typical white creepy clothes standing at the door.

As people tend to be somewhat retarded when they dream I just went to her and hugged her. Then I walked back to my bedroom, closed the door and just went back to bed. Suddenly, I became somewhat lucid and was wondering why there was a woman there. Mind you, I was not 100% lucid, since I still thought I was dreaming and didn't knew what lucid dreaming was back then.

Now for the weird part. Me, suddenly realising that this was not normal, I began to get this sudden sense of pure evil. To kind of explain the feeling I had, imagine some sadistic ass torturer hunting you and you know you can't defend yourself or get away, now multiply that by 100 and you got the feeling I had. Then blinding light came under my door and my door was slowly opening. Similar to what you might see in an alien movie. Then I woke up.

All in all it sounds silly and not even that strange for a dream. But just the intense feeling I had still sticks with me till this day. Still even remembered what kind of weather it was and what I did that day I woke up. This happenend like 10 years ago.

Normally I would talk about my sleep paralysis episodes, which your picture kind of alludes to, but I don't really count that as dreaming. So not sure if that counts. If people would like to hear some of those, just ask.
>>
Tell your doctor you are augtistic which I think is true. After couple pills you'll shit bricks.
>>
>>19197307
I had a mean ol neighbor a few years older than me that convinced me to play the scary maze game while I was in elementary school, 3rd or 4th grade. Have not watched the exorcist to date cus that shit was traumatizing.

I dreamed the girl was walking on train tracks in a tunnel and said "little Johnny went to town to buy a pack of roses" real spoopy. No idea why that was in my subconscious lol. Out of nowhere the train hits her and she gets all caught up in the wheels and it just looped for a few seconds and I woke up sweating.

I also dreamed I was chillin on the porch at night and I heard these loud ass trumpets and the moon turned into the moon from bear and the big blue house or whatever it was called and came hurdling into earth.
>>
>>19197345
Whenever I try and wake myself up out of a dream I wake up in another dream
>>
>>19197574
I'd like to hear a few anon
>>
>>19197307
I don't really have intense dreams. I can wake myself up at will almost all the time, but one that took a lot of energy to wake up from is when I looked in my bathroom mirror and I had a huge grin on my face that I couldn't get rid of. When I tried to scream it would just come muffled through my rigid grin. The second I looked in the mirror this very intense music, like the kind you'd hear during a jumpscare of a movie, came on, which is what gae the intensity to the dream.

How often do you have music in your dreams? This is the only one I can ever think of that had music in it.
>>
>>19197897

My sleep paralysis episodes are similar to what you normally would hear. But the strangest part is that it's always the same entity that pops up in my sleep paralysis episodes. Even though he always is just somewhere out of my line of sight and it doesn't help that it's almost pitchblack in my room, I just can tell it's the same entity.

Usually during the episodes I get choked really hard. The way his hand feel around my neck, the way I just get pushed into my pillow because of the force and of course, not being able to breath feels so realistic. Another thing that tends to happen, is that he just throws me around the room sometimes. I once got cut in my feet during my sleep paralysis because of that and when I actually woke up, the cut was still there, like what the fuck.. Another freaky thing that he tends to do, is just pick me up and just randomly carries me around the room.

This only happend two times, but while I was busy lucid dreaming, everything just became dark and I could feel him around me. Again, he throws me around, and while I can move a little bit more during my lucid dream, it's very difficult to do anything. It's like when you try to punch in a normal dream it just is very difficult.

I have no idea what he looks like, the only reason why I assume it's a guy is because he is strong as shit. At this point I just call him the shadow, cause appearently there are other people with sleep paralysis that experience pretty much the same episodes like I do.

But the cut in my feet, and the fact that appearently this dude is also in my lucid dreams is a little bit concerning to me. Every sleep paralysis episode that I had, got around 15 now, is always about this shadow. Not including the lucid dreams. I'm not sure if this is normal or not..

But thankfully I got used to it and started using my sleep paralysis episode to get lucid dreams. usually, I have a false awaking right after my sleep paralysis episode.
>>
>>19197307
>being in body of some kid
>staying at some old mans house (prolly grandfather)
>he had rule that after dawn we had to stay in beds
>fuck that we are going to explore
>one of the kids accidentally pushes vase of the table
>shattering sound going through whole house
>grandfather wakes up
>start to chase us with massive rusty cleaver covered in blood
>running through endless halls of house in terror
>end up on balcony with ladder
>fuck it we are going up
>i am last one
>as i approach last few steps ladder falls off
>wakes up after few seconds of seemingly endless fall
whole atmosphere was just dark and i remember vividly that there was a cemetery at house backyard, old one
>>
black people

/serious/
>>
Bunch of elderly people, yet they acted like the Raptors from Jurassic park. Shit was bizarre.
>>
My scariest dream is this one where I dream a woman is having surgery and for some reason has a baby sitting inside of her open abdomen. The baby's eyes then go dark and opens its mouth extremely wide. As soon as the mother sees this, the baby stops and starts crying and saying "I'm sorry!" The woman keeps gasping. The baby then says "it's hurting me. It's killing me."
>>
File: holy shit holy shit holy shit.jpg (49KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit holy shit holy shit.jpg
49KB, 775x837px
>>19197307
take magnesium before you go to bed. it's insane how weird your dreams become
heres some examples
>be in a store with someone, touch a product that teleports me to china, call my mom to tell her, she tells me to smoke weed to calm down
>a guy kills a big animal and goes insane when he sees all the blood, tries to wash it off in a nearby river
>at a water park in a lake by my house where many people have died because one of the pillows are too hard. i have to get to the other side of the park in order to get the textbooks i need for school. they are handed out by a demon who lives in a tunnel
>have an mp3-file on my computer which is 1:03 long. it is the objectively scariest song in the world, and if you play the whole thing the world ends. i play the first three seconds which is a mysterious female choir voice
>>
>>19197363
She just told you the standard salaryman fate and actually meant the other kind of dreams.
If you want to remember dreams get back to trying to remember them.

t. dull and numbed corporate drone
>>
My wife saw a duckstrich standing on our roof in her dream on Friday night. She woke up laughing!
>>
I dreamt my dog got kidnapped by wolves
>>
>>19197307
I was in a place surrounded by darkness and a fat black lady started singing choir and when she saw me she yelled at me
>This actually woke me up as a kid
>>
>>19197307
I have a recurring nuclear war dream. I can feel the blast burning me. it's aalways behind me because I'm running away from it.
>>
>>19197307

I remember a series of recurring dreams I had a few years a go. It always involved me and a number of relatives arriving at a small village somewhere in the country.

At first, it was actually quite nice and relaxing. I enjoyed having them in fact. One night I had the dream again, but for some reason some of my relatives weren't there. The cycle repeated of the activities i'd do there before waking up.

After this event, I didn't have the dream for about a year. The next dream in this somewhat narrative dream sequence I had involved the same village, except it was simply me entering a bunker within a hill before I woke up.

Another year passes, I have another dream about this place. The cycle has started again with arriving at the town, but now all my relatives are gone. I enter the town and walk through it as usual but the townsfolk seem awfully agitated at my presence. They chase me, I run. Instead of the dream ending when I reach the edge of the village, I run to the bunker in the hill. I close it just before they get to me, locking myself in. Darkness encloses me while I hear them banging on the door, I wake up sweating like hell.

Not had this dream since, and I honestly don't want to see a conclusion to it.
>>
>>19197307

the weirdest is this one constant girl in my dreams who keeps on telling me that she is real andsd is stuck in my head .Trying to get out.
>>
>>19197307
If you want dark dreams it's simple, be traumatized, then be so unhappy about your life that you can't even acknowledge it to yourself, hide that shit deep down, and then just sit back and wait. The nightmares will come.
>>
I once dreamt that I got out of bed to ask my dad for a glass of water and when I woke him up he turned to me and was actually the spinosaurus from Jurassic park 3 and he roared at me and then I woke up.Not really scary anymore but when I first had the dream I was scared to talk to my dad for a while
>>
File: 1 (5).jpg (87KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
1 (5).jpg
87KB, 900x599px
>>19197307
I've comitted suicide by shooting myself in the head.

It didn't hurt.
>>
>>19197307
A fat Michael Jackson with those eyes at the end of the Thriller video chased me through a mansion
>>
>>19197307
in one dream there was a outbreak of something. the symptoms were in the first stage being confused and dizzy in the second stage having partial motor skill diminishing in the last stage thoughts being jumbled and finally loss of all motor skills

not exactly zombie shit but nobody knew what was causing it and it was spreading fast. they quarantened the city. people that could go to the appointed locations were instructed to submit a blood sample so they could be tested and if found to be clean released into the next city

there was a large group of people standing in multiple single file lines. armed military every were. i took 1 step forward witch was going to cut across into the next line. there must have been 50 lines. every one either took a step back or forward at the same time like i just parted the red sea or some shit.

i walked to a woman in a lab coat on the other side of this road block barrier on the side walk. she had tables and lab gear on them and a microscope. i was going to ask what the infection was. was it bacterial, viral, fungal or prion disease. i just wanted to know but the second i opened my mouth she turned and walked away. so i climbed over the barrier and looked in the microscope

it was some kind of microbe. it looked like a amoeba but it stretched all kinds of odd ways at the same time to move across the glass slide. like it could extend itself in 5 directions at 1 time and contact. it absorbed a blood cell and it was translucent so i could see what was happening. the blood cell became dark and slightly speckled like it might have chemically made pits in it then it spit the blood cell out and moved towards another one

after i woke up and thought about it im not sure if it was the sugars it wanted or given how mobile maybe even the hemoglobin but either way it would be like suffocating slowly and having dangerously low blood sugar when their numbers grow. diabetics do crazy things when blood sugar drops to dangerous lvls
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 640x600px
>>19197307
I have a habit of having hyperrealistic nightmares. Once a month or so, I will have a dream that I'm just laying awake in my bed, unable to fall asleep. This dream is entirely realistic, with everything being a perfect simulation of my actual bedroom. That is why it is always horrifying when something terrifying eventually happens.

Several major experiences include a pale, malnourished old hag suddenly falling from my ceiling with a noose around her neck, convulsing and growling loudly as she choked to death. Another includes the same hag suddenly leaping into my bed from the floor and placing her hands around my throat while screaming like an animal. These sorts of horrible dreams are few and far in between though. Usually they are more tame, but the hag is a common theme in a lot of them. For example, an extremely common one involves me looking at my closet door and noticing a set of gnarled, clawed fingers slowly wrapping around the door frame from the inside, followed by the door being quickly flung open, though I always wake up too soon to see what's inside (presumably the hag).

In all of these situations, I am straight up horror stricken and always wake up in a sitting position, covered in sweat. For a while, I was convinced that I was not dreaming at all and that these things were actually happening to me, but as I got older, I learned to start pinching myself periodically while trying to fall asleep, just in case I'm actually in one of the dreams. It's worked several times and the feeling I get when I pinch myself and suddenly wake up in my bed is extremely satisfying. It's like I beat the nightmares by stopping them before they happen.

They still get me from time to time, but since I've started doing the pinching thing, it's gotten better. I'm not sure if they're supernatural in origin or not, but they're definitely a fucking bitch.
>>
Raven with red eyes and its family.
it stared right into my soul
>>
>>19197307
I sawd my dads head off and out it in the bathtub.
But the head shrunk to the size of an apple.
I was worrying he'd drown so in placed the head above the water line.
Then proceeded to take a bath when my sister walked in and said that theres an extra button on the shower thingy which makes the water even hotter
>>
>>19202302
The dreams where your surroundings are the same as in reality where you sleep can be extremely terrifying.
I can't go back to sleep after dreams like those.
Also looking in mirrors is also terrifying in dreams as my face is always distorted and gory.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.