[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

for the sake of an argument ,lets assume that all that has been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: quest.gif (442KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
quest.gif
442KB, 500x434px
for the sake of an argument ,lets assume that all that has been said on this board or elsewhere is true,including the simulated reality,monsters - whatever.One overwhelmingly big question still hangs above it all..Why in the hell do we/you give a shit ? in an infinite universe where human life is absolutely meaningless why do you care if one "paranormal" claim is true and the other one is false ?
>>
>>19196027
I suppose one may argue as a Theist "to avoid bad shit so that i dont go to hell" or whatever but knowing this board , no one here is really that stupid to believe in heaven/hell thing..atleast i hope so.
However for the people who 100% believe in higher planes of existence and try to reach them, the question posted above still remains valid.
>>
anyone ?
>>
i only come here to laff at the obvious pay shills with their psy opses

and to laff at all the failed occultists wannabe who never really got whats the con all about
>>
>>19196069
fair enough, but lets expand beyond paranormal claims and go to "shills",disinformation about 1.paranormal 2.normal phenomenon(wars,territory control,cia brainwashing whatnot) why should one care about that either , again , if we look at the human life at face value,value being nothing. why not kickback and just let them do whatever they want and just enjoy the show.
>>
>>19196083
self defeating argument

like - why do you care? - we do whatever anyways
>>
>>19196106
wouldn't call it a self defeating argument.
my point is we should just not give a fuck since we'll be dust in a blink of an eye relatively speaking.
And if relying on that assumption best course of action would be say getting as much pleasure before the inevitable and i seriously doubt that sitting on /x/ debating whether or not skinwalkers or succubi are real is anyone's idea of pleasure.why not just ditch the whole thing like whats the point of it?

basically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS5xOZ7Rq8
>>
>>19196027
Caring about other people's beliefs. Are you 13?
>>
>>19196413
says a man who legitimately thinks monsters are real
>>
>>19196106
>self defeating

That's how I know you haven't been enlightened. Once you are awakened, you will realize that nothing matters but happiness.
>>
>>19196027

Reality is a gaming environment. Maybe you earn points for finding stuff out? I want to unlock the dragon and sea monster levels.
>>
>>19196050
I believe in the Christian heaven and hell, but it certainly doesn't work the way you descibed, like some sort of merit based scholarship or something.
>>
I give a shit because it's been a part of my life since before /x/ was a thing. Shit found me when I was a kid, kept going until started looking myself. I've seen things and I've learned things. I'm here to learn some more and to potentially help those as oblivious as I once was.
>>
>>19196068
I'm only here because they pay me to shill the flat earth theory
>>
Finding shit out is my self-chosen arbitrary purpose in life. Nobody is keeping score but me, but that still leaves me keeping score.
>>
certain things being true can change your life

getting into astral projection despite my skepticism really opened my eyes to a lot of things and changed my world view and outlook on life and death. I've found a lot of peace knowing there is another world so to speak

but this is just another babbys first nihilism thread isnt it?

>human life is meaningless
only if you aren't human. who needs a big fucking important cosmic reason to live or believe anything? We do it because thats what we do.
>>
>>19197783
It's not actually self-chosen. It's psychology. The human brain's purpose is to find meaning and connection and relationships between thing A and thing B whether that relationship is fact or not. What matters to the human brain is if it's satisfying.

Hence why religion is so popular. Ultimately it doesn't matter what's fact or fiction. Just what's satisfying / comforting / confirming personal bias / etc.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.