[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

INDIAN MYTHOLOGY GENERAL. -MAHABHARATA EDITION. Who was your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: art.jpg (413KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
413KB, 400x400px
INDIAN MYTHOLOGY GENERAL. -MAHABHARATA EDITION.

Who was your favorite character? Mine was either Bhishma or Karna.
>>
File: untitled.png (66KB, 177x285px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
66KB, 177x285px
>>19191920
The one who refuse to abandon stray dog for enter heaven.
>>
>>19191945
How could I forget to put such a noble soul in my list of favorite characters. Good taste my fellow anon.
>>
File: vishnu.jpg (186KB, 736x887px) Image search: [Google]
vishnu.jpg
186KB, 736x887px
Don't know yet. Just started listening to this.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9047635-mahabharata
>>
File: Krishna attacks Bhisma.jpg (109KB, 850x594px) Image search: [Google]
Krishna attacks Bhisma.jpg
109KB, 850x594px
>>19191920
I agree with Bishma. I love a tragic, stoic character. His frustration over the whole affair must have been unimaginable. And yet his resolution to duty must have allowed him to carry the weight of both dynasties like they were birds on his shoulders.

That and he (sort-of) made Krishna break His vow. How devoted do you have to be that Krishna will break His own word for you?

>>19191945
Yuddhisthir, the man with no enemies, eldest of the Pandavas and born of Yamaraja.

Any favorite scenes? I always enjoyed the riddles asked to Yuddhisthir by the apsara in the lake.

>What is the most amazing thing?
>>
File: IMG_0840.gif (2MB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0840.gif
2MB, 350x255px
>>19191920
>>19191961
>>19192058
Not familiar with the stories but I'm blown away by the art.
>>
>>19192373
The basic plot is two groups of cousins are fighting over control of the kingdom and land. There are many "sidequests" and story-within-a-story bits along the way.

It also is an intricate treatise on sanatana-dharma ("how people should act, what they should do, who they are, religion, ethics, etc"). The Mahabharata doesn't lay out "the rules" of proper living like a scripture so much as tries to "pressure test" those rules by applying them to the situations the heroes and villains encounter. The Mahabharata is about the grey areas; it's about what to do when it isn't clear what to do.

The Mahabharata has rejected students gaining great skill through secretly, illicitly training and using the guru's style (Ekalavya). It has brothers in opposition and cheated of their birthright due to the mores of society and hidden knowledge. It questions what to do when duty goes against ethics, such as when Bhisma had to protect the kingdom against the rightful-yet-deposed rulers. It deals with honor and respect, like whether King Yuddhisthir should accept an invitation from an elder to gamble - which he knew was going to be a trap.

The Mahabharata is also where the Bhagavad-Gita is found (though there is an argument that it is a later addition to the epic). The Gita is spoken by Krishna to Arjuna before the climactic battle, and is often seen as a summation of the ethical dialectic presented throughout the Mahabharata. It is one of the most widespread texts within the Vedic religions.
>>
Any documentaries on weird indian mithology?
>>
I've only read the Gita but Krishna's theophany is one of the greatest scenes in literature
>>
>>19193229
its really better just to read the source.
>>
Adolf Hitler. He was the ultimate Avatar.
>>
>>19191920
>favorite character
Let me guess, your favorite book is Twilight.
>>
>>19193664
Oh no he roasted me, he mentioned twillight. Nooo my frail ego.
>>19192489
This is a very good summary of the mahabharata. Thanks anon.
>>19192058
One of my favorite scenes is when krishna askes how long the main cast woul take if they fought the battle alone, and the answers range from 20 to 28 days and later on he meets Barbarika who can end the war in 1minute.
alone
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.